* Author Topic: 1st time IUI Clomid, Puregon, Pregnyl , BFP TWINS  (Read 40100 times)

0 Members

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
  • “For this Child I Have Prayed” I Samuel 1:27
modify
Re: 1st time D-IUI, Clomid, Puregon, Pregnyl , BFP
« Reply #40 on: 27/05/12, 19:59 »
Dear Diary

7 weeks 1 day

I am still feeling nauseous - bought myself sea-band to help with morning sickness. At first it was helping, but now I feel nauseous and tired. Sleeping a lot too. It gets worse in the evening. I dont think the sea-band is helping me much :(

I am trying to eat as much as I can. I am not feeling hungry at all. I can only eat when I crave (and thats a quick decision and I must have it right away).  ^idiot^  Now, even going to the supermarket is making me feel sick. Food is out of the question.

At least I know that with these symptoms things are going well.

No much else to report, will def go to bed early today.

Spent time in the garden with DH, hot as ever.

Tomorrow working again ^eyes^ , hate the travel.

see you soon, hopefully sharing better news- but looks like early stages of pregnancy are not the easy one- bring 12 weeks and I am sure things will improve with my symptoms.

My life in pictures and fertility blog: [/font]https://vegiemamablog.wordpress.com/[/font]

Ciao for now

Hope xx

Watching Soccer Aid. Lets make this world a better place for children.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #41 on: 12/06/12, 19:11 »
    Dear Diary

9 weeks 3 days

First of all , I am very sorry for not writing more often- I was very unwell with morning sickness and as soon as I come home I go straight to bed. My morning sickness gets really bad during the evening-yes I am vomiting ^eyes^ , and is getting frequently now. I have a bucket with me in case I need it. People from work are so nice and supportive- I am glad I can talk to them about it.

We saw the midwife on the 31st May. She took 5 blood test got one back and I have no idea which one it is - I think is checking my irons levels.

I am OK, travelling long distance :) .

That's all for now ^hugme^ . I am sorry if I don't say much but I am feeling tired and nauseous :-[

Hopefully symptoms will improve.

My life in pictures and fertility blog: [/font]https://vegiemamablog.wordpress.com/[/font]

Take care

Love

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 18/06/12, 19:08 »
    Dear Diary

10 weeks 2 days

How is everyone doing?

I didnt go to work today (annual leave) , my day off :) . Tomorrow I have some training to do , then off to the hospital for more work.

I went to the job seeker Centre because my midwife was saying that I could get maternity pay - I don't have a contract with my current job (on a temporary register), but I know the government can pay me if I've worked for a certain amount of time. I do hope they pay me- I deserve it. I work hard and long hours (working with morning sickness is not fun). 

So here I am ladies, I am feeling so blessed. I truly believe in miracles. I didn't believe in G-d for a long time, but recently I pray and pray and he answered my prayers. I do believe in G-D - that's why I want my ladies friends (at FF) to have Faith. I can remember going to a church after my insemination in Denmark and praying to G-D. Tears were falling from my eyes. Please do not lose hope.

DH is doing a lot of work - I help a bit but I go straight to bed after work. I have to eat several times (small meals) to avoid sickness. They are saying this will last until week 12-14. My sickness is worse in the evening.

Shopping:

I bought myself a fetal heart monitor and gel from amazon (£46)- hopefully it will be here soon. Also my bra size went from DD to F ^eyes^ , yep. Went to Debenhams, good deals.

First scan in two weeks- so worried but I am looking forward to have more details. I was thinking having this done privately (see previous posts), but I felt a bit unsure since some scanning are done a certain week (6-7week) there are done vaginal and lots of women reported cramps/pain afterwards. Couldn't risk it. All blood test came back normal - need to ask the midwife ^bigbad^  to do my blood type as I am RH factor negative - and so was my donor. Just to be on the safe side :) .

Symptoms: stopped going to the loo ^eyes^ , need to drink more water (even that I cant get down), breasts (*)(*) getting bigger, bloated, nauseous (pm , am mild), ankle pain, buttocks pain, tiredness. Vomited 5 times since week 6, but that's for my own record :) 

I must go now- keep going forward and praying for my miracles to keep growing stronger- keep giving me sickness , I dont mind as long as you are all doing well- and I know I am not having one but more. ^hugme^ 

DH is going to cook - I don't know what to eat anymore :-\ 

Peace and love

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #43 on: 22/06/12, 18:24 »
    Dear Diary

Week 10 , 6 days - Day off sick

Worst week so far in terms of feeling sick with nausea and vomiting- off work due to having to go to the Dr to take blood test to see if I am becoming dehydrated. Dr gave me some anti-sickness tablets but I told him I wont take it. He also gave me 3 bottles of Gaviscon. So far I vomited 10 times ^eyes^  since week 6 mostly evenings- around 9pm-10pm- feeling so sorry for myself.

I am enjoying work - but travelling (3 hours both ways) is a killer. I must use the car now to get to work -it will only take 35 minutes :)  each way- can you believe this? ^idiot^ .

Trying to eat as much as I can but DH said that I've lost weight. Obviously in the evening I cant eat anything- so taking advantage of eating more in the morning/lunch.

I must go now - hopefully my symptoms will get better. 1 more week and 3 days and I am having my ultrasound :) , I cant wait.

Looks like I am moaning-but I am not :) - just recording my diary for one day to remember my pregnancy (week by week).

Take care everyone  ^hugme^ ^reiki^

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #44 on: 26/06/12, 16:20 »
    Dear Diary

11 weeks 3 days (A&E Overnight/today stay). OFF sick since Friday

Will keep it short , really tired - been admitted to A&E last night 25.06 with cramp pain (no bleeding); high blood pressure (160/89) and feeling very hot. Dr advised for me to stay overnight (for precautions reasons). Nurse came in and out to check my BP- it was dropping down from 3am onwards (113/60 ltoday). I was sick all week and I now understand :) .

The good news- I was booked for a scan because I told the Dr that this was an IUI baby- she said due to high risk of ectopic pregnancy it is better to make sure that I was ok (scan booked for the following morning).

Scan was done 10:40am and we are seeing two lovely happy babies (in their own sac each). Looks like we are having Fraternal twins :) , so so happy and now it will explain why I am feeling so sick during week 6-11.

Got some pictures (for free :) ) my babies are perfect size with lovely hearts. Please G-D protect my babies- they mean the world to me. Will need to have more frequent scans, see midwife more often and the consultant.

I left hospital around 2:30pm (today). Now I am here writing to you and trying to figure out what to eat.

I must go now, haven't slept all night and I am feeling tired.

Love

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 2/07/12, 19:44 »
    Dear Diary

13 weeks 1 day (Twin 1) /13 weeks (Twin 2) - 2nd ultrasound

Hi, it is me again - yes I am still here  ;D . I cant stop writing- I'm not only helping myself but inspiring others with my story.

Went to the Hospital for an ultrasound- saw lots of pregnant women (never thought I will be sitting next to them, but here I am). I stayed for two hours- I am getting the VIP treatment as I am having twins :) . They were so good I have nothing bad to say about them. So we went in and me talking too much I say " We are having the NT scan". The sonographer said " you stated you didnt want a NT". Thats because the Midwife didnt explain to me what involves (the test for DS involves two parts (Scan + blood test (Non invasive) then the needle going into the abdomen (Invasive which can cause miscarriage) also called amniocentesis. The sonographer stated " that was unacceptable" meaning she didnt explained the procedure very well. I said inside myself " you damn right". I can honestly say that my community midwife is not the best person I will be seeking advice. We were asked to see the screening co-ordinator before having the NT test.

We saw the screening co-ordinator and explained everything to me. She said " with twins it is more difficult to get a measurement", also " with your hormones levels (too high with twins) we cant get the right measurement" " with a single pregnancy it's easier" She said " chances that one of the twins can have a higher change of Downs", " we don't know". Anyways, " I say, don't worry I will never terminate my pregnancy- so we said No at the end. G-D gave me these children and I take it as a blessing everyday. I want these babies to be healthy and that's why I am praying for, and I will grateful for having them.

Back to the ultrasound room

Babies (twins) are growing fast- last week they were smaller and now they are 13 weeks and 13 weeks and 1 day. They are saying I am having the best set of twins because they are in different placentas so less complications (but that doesn't mean that they wont monitor me frequently). They are DCDA twins (lambda sign present). We saw the heart beat and they were less active than last week. Everything is normal the sonographer lady said- but you know me I am a worried mom to be and I want everything to go well.

Consultant and more ultrasound

We are seeing the consultant on the 2.08.2012 - and we are having our 20 week ultrasound on the 24.08.12. We are expecting the twins in December and I was recommended to have vaginal delivery  :-\ , the midwife said " it is safer".

Morning sickness ^eyes^ and work

16th times now I vomited :'( -  I told my work place that I am feeling so sick that I don't feel well to go back to work. My manager is very supportive and I am signing myself off. I love the job- but I have to put myself and my babies first. Today I got a call from my colleague saying " we are missing you" :'( , come back even part time? :-\ . I work in a hospital and visit lots of patients and it is a demanding job (both walking from one ward to the other and later doing office work) Lets see how I feel, but I don't see myself going back :'( , it is sad really enjoying my job.

That's all for today. Must go now.

Take care everyone - please ask any questions. I want to be open about things - after many years of infertility I still have the painful experiences inside me. Do not give up hope.

Love and hugs

Hope xx ^hugme^ ^reiki^

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #46 on: 10/07/12, 15:42 »
    Dear Diary

Hello- it is me again. I keep coming back - I am off work sick and I feel that I cant go back now :'( .

What is happening? a lot lately. Feeling a bit stress- my morning sickness is still there and I am on my second trimester. So far I vomited 22 times ^eyes^  and I know more is coming.

I am starting to show my bump, it is getting bigger and for some reason I am feeling sexier ::) . Twins do make you bigger. I think I am losing some weight, I cant hardly eat or drink. I am forcing myself to have something before evening (when the morning sickness gets worse).

Most importantly and my heart goes to you all.

I am reading some diaries and I am feeling so much for some ladies just to tell you that please please do not give up. I know and feel your pain. I never thought after 8 years I will be here saying "I am having twins", people kept saying "keep going"; "one day it will happen" I never believed them because my mind was in a different place and when something doesn't happen you feel that it will never happen. But there is more chance of having a baby ladies than winning the lottery- so do not give up. Wish I can write you in person, but I don't want to upset you :( .

I signed in FF in 2005 not knowing anything about fertility issues (initially it was a male issue)- then I am reading other's people success stories and I felt hopeful. I believe I waited so long before seeking treatment (2012) because I decided that going to University was my first priority (going back I regret it). They say that the more treatment you have the more cumulative effects. whether IVF helped me (even though I produced 1 follicle) the drugs (possible still on the system) accumulated. The HSG helped me because they say that you can become pregnant after 3 months of having this procedure. I recommend this if you are having IUI or D-IUI (donor insemination). One advice- do not believe a Dr that tells you " there is nothing wrong with your tubes" first of all "How do they know"?. Always ask for tests ladies and always have blood tests before treatment to make sure that your blood count is ok, thyroids functioning or Thyroid Stimulating Hormone test (aka TSH - very important), rubella vaccination, chickenpox, any STDs, urine infections, etc etc, and change Dr if you are not happy :)  . Like they say " a healthy womb is like a healthy soil - with it your garden will grow and so the embryo will implant itself in a healthy place". Hope this makes sense.

In Preparation for treatment

I took

Royal Jelly (improves egg quality/quantity) - stopped after IUI treatment
    Folic acid
    &
    Vitamins supplements

Had all blood test, STds, urine and Rubella testing.

Not much else to say from my part - I just want to give my ladies a big ^hugme^ and thank you for reading my story (hope it helps you as much as is helping me).

Love

Hope xx

PS: forgive me if my English is a mess (my first language is Spanish), DH is working and was not available to correct me :-\  at this time.

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 13/07/12, 19:41 »
    Dear Diary

Just to let you know that I am starting to feel my twins moving  :) , little kicks (here and there). Initially I thought it was something else (stomach stretching), but now I am 100% is moving. Also, used the heart monitor for the first time and we heard the heart beat (like a train- fast fast) :)

I had a lovely dinner - able to eat and drink more now.

Had only one morning sickness this morning (23 times)- other symptoms ankle hurts and had a bad headache all day.

Must go now, watching some silly TV but I cant wait to go to bed (so tired).

Love

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: 1st time IUI, Clomid, Puregon, Pregnyl , BFP
    « Reply #48 on: 23/07/12, 15:04 »
    Dear Diary

WEEk 16 1DAY
    Hello from me and the twins :)

Good news is that my morning sickness is saying goodbye :) , is becoming less frequent. In total 28 times I vomited  ^eyes^ , able to eat more than before. My BP is under control (mostly around 110/62-even lower). This machine I bought in Argos is becoming handy. Also checking heart beats and it is the most beautiful sound you could hear- and yes I am finding two hearts. The Doppler heart beat for me worked from week 14/15, before I couldn't hear anything.

Yesterday we went to Mothercare and we are looking for double buggies - good deals I must say. However, I wont buy anything until they are born- will use car seats instead (I think is better to test these things with the babies and see how that feels). December is my EDD (somewhere around Christmas).

I am starting to wear maternity clothes- no more trousers for me  :) . I prefer dresses now and it looks nicer on me. Nice things on sale at the moment.

In terms of symptoms  - having some jaw problems (I think I done my jaw last time I vomited ^eyes^ ) and now I am paying the price with pain. It is called Temporomandibular joint disorder, or TMJD. Apparently lots of pregnant women get it due to the hormones- nothing can be done
    :(  Whether this is the right diagnosis (I don't know), just looking for an explanation but it will explain why I was getting so many headaches.

Able to sleep no problems, drinking more and eating better :) .

Brother is still in USA- will start his new job soon teaching history - really wish I could fly but it is not recommended (it is too far).

Soon (August) we will find out the sexes ^itsagirl^ ^itsaboy^  or  ^itsagirl^ ^itsagirl^  or  ^itsaboy^ ^itsaboy^ . I will accept what comes my way- I am thankful to G-D for my gifts.

Time to go, DH is doing the garden and is getting warm. Lovely weather. I cant wait to watch the Olympics and cheer for England and my country :) . Gymnastic, cycling, football and swimming...my favorite!

Have a lovely day!

Love

Hope xx

PS: hello to all my ladies on FF, hope you all well ^hugme^ ^reiki^ 

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #49 on: 25/07/12, 17:59 »
    Dear Diary :)

Shopping for maternity clothes is becoming fun :) - finding £2 dresses (NEXT) on the sale :o , oh it looks good.

It is very hot lately- having some trouble sleeping, so DH and we think it is the rapid change of the weather.

One lady here asked me about injections (timing)- I want to share my experience with you- every advice I can give I will be more than happy . I was injecting myself very early in the morning (from 6am- by 6:30am my Puregon (0.50 IU) was inside my tummy :)  alternating positions. and I went back to bed). It gave plenty of time for my follicles to grow. I hope this help other ladies. I only injected myself 3 times over a period of 3 days with minimal amount of fluid (Puregon :) ). Previously I was injecting 8pm (IVF) and I think I lost a day. Dr from Care said that it doesn't make a different the timing (AM vs PM injection) , but they will say anything....this is my honest opinion.

I am watching the Olympics - GB vs NZ - England won :) . Good playing girls! We were meant to go to Manchester tomorrow 26.07 to see GB playing and we have the tickets- now it is not possible- me pregnant with twins and a large crowd it's not recommended. Oh well, we will have to watch it on TV :)  with some nice cookies and tea.

I must go now diary- take care xx

Love

Hope xx