* Author Topic: 1st time IUI Clomid, Puregon, Pregnyl , BFP TWINS  (Read 38837 times)

0 Members

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
  • “For this Child I Have Prayed” I Samuel 1:27
modify
Re: 1st time IUI, Clomid, Puregon, Pregnyl , BFP TWINS
« Reply #90 on: 29/11/12, 13:36 »
Dear Diary

34 weeks and 4 days  ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^babyface^ ^babyface^  (Scan and OB appointment)

Thank you Lord- thank you so much- my babies are doing so well and growing nicely. Thank you so so much. I never imagine that I will reach this far- I am crying with joy.

Scan was done today-imagine was poor quality but able to see their growth- twin 1 (J ^blueted^ )  is still breach , twin 2 (N ^blueted^ ) transverse. We saw Dr V and explained everything about c section , including risks and dates. I signed the paper and we will be ready to go in 3 weeks.
They will take some blood tests before the c section and they are still hoping for twin 1 to turn down.

My life in pictures and fertility blog: [/font]https://vegiemamablog.wordpress.com/[/font]

More to write later..

love

Hope xx

Daddy to be here - the best year of our lives and we never thought this would happen.  Can't believe that you have the big bump that the Clinic Dr mimed on you.  So the 19th of December and all of our dreams have come true.  2 wonderful baby boys to put in our arms.   ;D

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 1/12/12, 17:24 »
    Dear Diary

34 weeks and 6 days  ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^babyface^ ^babyface^

DH is working and I am here thinking lots of things- only 17 days to go and I am feeling nervous, apprehensive, happy, worried, etc. I am praying that everything will go well and that my babies will stay as long in my tummy until c section.

Lots of things are happening in the next two weeks

1. my parents are coming
    2. seeing the anesthesiologist
    3. last growth scan
    4. health visitor introducing herself

Babies are moving more during afternoon and evening. Able to do minor tasks -not risking it. dh is doing most of the cleaning and heavy lifting.

In terms of symptoms_ my feet/hands are swelling- experiencing heartburn more often now- leg cramps and lots of Braxton Hicks ^eyes^ , they last long and impede my breathing. More so when I eat or lie down.

Thats all for today.

I must find something good to do in return of G-D blessing us with children. There are many things I can do but I want to able to give this to a good cause (re children, homeless people, etc ). Must talk to DH :)

Hope everyone is doing well- and dont lose hope my ladies- G-D works its way and I know that he had plans for us.

My life in pictures and fertility blog: [/font]https://vegiemamablog.wordpress.com/[/font]

I pray and pray for a safe arrival of J & N ^blueted^ ^blueted^  my two little miracles.

Love

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 7/12/12, 15:30 »
    Dear Diary

35 weeks and 5 days  ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^babyface^ ^babyface^

I want to thank my Lord and Jesus for reaching this far and for my miracles J&N ^blueted^ ^blueted^ . Thank you so much, I am so grateful to have you in my life for all my prayers you answer, for all those moments that I was told I was going to be OK and for something great was coming my way. I do believe that science helped us too, but also having faith in G-D and praying also helps. Everything helps. Lately I am a believer- I was not this religious (even though I had private religious education all my life) but DH and I went to many churches (around Europe and England) for many years and we both pray and pray and here we are :)  still praying and thankful. The key is to never give up.

I only have 12 days to go until I meet my little boys :) , last year I was in a bad place but I try not to think about it anymore. You learn from these things and the mistakes done and forgive that Dr that told me not to do IUI.

So what is happening ?

Anesthesiologist (Nathan) gave me a call this morning- he was really nice - I told him my main concern as I put on lots of weight during my pregnancy and worried about epidural. He said " we had larger ladies than you". and tried to calm my concerns down. Anyways, we are seeing him next Thursday and see if I can go with an ease mind as I never had an operation before in my life.

The health visitor came in Monday 3/12/2012 to discuss more about her service - she came in with a student. Gave me lots of leaflets and info- they will give me two red books (one for each child) and they will track down weight and health. Great! in my country you have to go to the Dr/hospital to get these things done. Even better to come to my house. She said she will come 10 days later after they are born.

5/12/2012 - I was meant to see anesthesiologist but ended up in Triage (Birth Unit) regarding my apron tummy- babies pushed all the fat down bellow and I am in constant pain (I will have to work harder to lose the weight). They said "nothing to worry about "it is common for babies (with two) for this to happen. The Dr also did an internal examination and I am not losing any amniotic fluid- as I told him I always find my pants wet (Twin 1 J ^blueted^ ) often kicks my bladder. The midwife also checked both heart beats on the monitor and they are good- their HB seemed to go faster when they move more.  :)  Shame I didnt have the camera to record it.

My maternity allowance came in this week - I will be having some income for the next few months. It helps to work :)

Parents are coming soon- me and DH are buying a sofa bed from Ikea (yes, Scandinavian style :) ) it will cost £500.

Lots of things are happening as you can see. I am having a mild cold at the moment - so time for me to take a break ;) [size=78%]. [/size]

I am currently watching God Tv- winter celebration (Norway) amazing feeling and music to enjoy.

Bless you all. Miracles do happen.

Love

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #93 on: 9/12/12, 16:35 »
    Dear Diary

^milestone^ 36 weeks today ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^babyface^ ^babyface^

I am so happy- not long to go now :) .

Hospital bag (both for me and the kids) are ready - just one or two things to add in.

I cant believe it , almost 10 days to go instead of 8 years of waiting and waiting to have children. I am blessed.

Lots happening this week- I am going to be a busy mummy.  :)

Take care

Love

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 15/12/12, 21:35 »
    Dear Diary

36 weeks and 6 days  ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^babyface^ ^babyface^

More update of this week tomorrow- basically I was in hospital for two nights.

Tomorrow it is my 37 week :)

Love

Hope xx

16.12.12 (updated)

As promised dear diary, I am updating you for this week. I didnt have a horrible but could have been a more pleasant week but the closer I am getting the more adrenalin is rushing in my body. DH feels the same way- time is getting closer.

11.12.12 (PM) - admitted to maternity ward due to DCDA twins reduced fetal movements and reduced urine output. I was saying to my DH " I didn't go much to the toilet" " it is not right". I went in and they told me I needed to stay in for observation, BP was slightly high and my urine showed some protein ++.

Anyway, sleeping in the maternity ward is not that pleasant as the beds are uncomfortable- I didn't get my own room :( , my first night I was on my own (only 2 beds). first night they did a lot of observations like urine output (for protein), BP and CTG scan in the early morning. You have to pass the criteria and it was fine , but with twins (CTG) takes a little bit longer (up to an hour).

First day things were ok- I was given a big jug to monitor my urine output for 24 hours (to find protein). It turn out to be that it was not that high 486 , Dr said it is not that high but pre-clapmsia starts with protein in the urine first then high BP. My BP is normal, but a little bit higher at the end of the pregnancy.

12.12.12. stayed in another night and what a night ::) . Last night I didn't sleep that well- it is a strange environment - midwives coming in an out to check my BP (one was quite miserable)- they do work 12 hours night shifts which I think it is a lot of hours. I don't want you to be overloaded with bad experiences- but in terms of giving you my opinion on midwives I will say they are not as good as I thought. Some are cold as ice.  ^eyes^  Despite this I always use my latin spirits and do approach people and treat people in the nicest way (even if some are completely....). I was not seen until 10am , and suddenly this midwife comes in to take my BP (again) and a support worker took the 24 hours urine intake (me having to tell her what to do with it ;D ). I felt a bit neglected this day- and I know they are short staff as one of the student from USA (silently) told me that they are.

2nd night and was unable to sleep due to the lady next to me snoring all night ;D , cant get any better.
    During the night, I developed some chest pain (left side) and the junior Dr came to do the ECG and it came back normal- so it was not my heart..phewwww Every symptom worries you when you are pregnant.

So I said to staff if they could change rooms for me otherwise I feel like going home (as all tests were normal), I cant sleep when someone snores. :-[  They couldn't accommodate me so I was expecting more news from the OB about my tests results (24 hours urine) which didn't came until 8pm that day. The OB said that I could go home and only needs my BP to be monitor. I was happy to go home as I couldn't sleep at all. My parents arrived by 6pm and were happy to see me looking so different (ie pregnant and huge). Anyway, the midwife looking after me said that she will do the CTG in the morning (which never happened) , so she said I cant go home unless this is done. She then came and took me to a room to do the CTG (around 5pm) and was negotiating her way out so me and my DH can hold the monitor. I was in total shock when she left us to do this on our own. I was desperate for a toilet and I dont know how to use the monitor in the first place (there is certain criteria that you have to meet to pass the test - ie to say everything is well with your babies). Anyway, she went and said I will come back after all is done ^eyes^ ^bigbad^ >:( ??? ^idiot^ . The test was not going well and leaving us to do it for completely neglectful from her part. It is harder with twins and I heard that it could take 1 hour (which it did). I was at this stage desperate for the toilet and one baby didnt passed the test. I left the room with DH despite DH calling for help as the CTG was not picking the HB of one twin. To make things worse, she complain to me that I left the room  ^eyes^ ^bigbad^  and I said " you left the room, it is your job to do this". Basically she was doing paper work and they use this excuse that they are dealing with other women >:(  , something you dont want to hear as I was neglected all day. She was so fake and miserable that I used my skills to say " listen, it was your job to do, you shouldn't have left " (said  in front of her colleagues). period! :)   How do you tell a pregnant woman off for something that it was a midwife job??? all to do paper work? ???

So coming 7pm they change staff - an american student was standing outside and said " I am here to fo the CTG" :) , she was lovely and I said "lets do it". It took her 30 minutes max 40. I love students as they are more enthusiastic and willing to learn. She did a wonderful job and I know she will do well in her profession.

On both days I was given paracetamol, and shots to prevent blood clotting. The cannula needle really hurts which I had for two nights without much used (as they first took blood on admission).

13.12.2012 (OB appointment and Scan)

All well, babies are growing very near to one another- still in same position (twin 1 Breach, twin 2 transverse) I am ready for c section.

Thats all for this week- busy or what  ::) . Keeping my spirits up and hoping for a safe delivery and arrival of my babies boys ^blueted^ ^blueted^ 

G-d bless you all.

Love

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #95 on: 17/12/12, 15:36 »
    Dear Diary

37 weeks and 1 day  ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^babyface^ ^babyface^  (full term for twins)

It is me again :) -  this is my last week and lots of people are reading my diary- I cant neglect my story of giving hope.

I had two visits from different midwives to measure my blood pressure and test my urine. On the day of discharge Dr told me that they will come and check my BP and urine every two days. Turn out to be I dont have pre-clampsia but on the day of admission I had different readings. It is funny how the body works, dont you thinK?

Everything is fine with babies- HB are strong and I will miss hearing them in my tummy. Also having my bump and them moving - a feeling I will never forget. It is amazing and a blessing to share my story with my ladies friends. I know in my heart everything happens for a reason- life takes you to places that you never imagine (thanks to someone's else story here I decided with DH to go to Denmark). I hope my story will inspire others to take that path and give themselves a try - even if Drs tells you " it wont happen" (just like my case). Listen to your heart.

I am off now- watching this program "The real housewives of DC) I know...but I also watch babies programmes since the start of my pregnancy.

Hope and pray that everything will go well - feeling scared and need to relax.

Love to all

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #96 on: 27/12/12, 16:05 »
    Dear Diary

My babies are here :) ^blueted^ ^blueted^

Came in from hospital today @2pm  :) , feels good to be home. Tired as ever.

Babies were delivered on the 19/12/12 under general anesthetic, spinal/epidural didnt work :'( .

Joseph Benjamin (7lb) and Noah Jacob (5lb 13 oz) safe and well.

Had to stay longer in hospital (8 days) due to Joseph developing jaundice , and Noah levels were also high. Both are well now. Also me possible developing DVT- but tests came normal.

I am tired beyond but so happy to finally have my babies in my arms. :)

Trying to get some rest and will tell more tomorrow once I had more sleep.

Love and peace

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 31/12/12, 23:28 »
    Dear Diary

Happy New Year 2013

Thank you thank you for this wonderful year 2012- lets welcome 2013 with hope, joy, peace and health.

To all my FF friends wishing you a wonderful year 2013.

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #98 on: 11/01/13, 02:19 »
    Dear Diary

Hello- I am still alive :) and you will see why and I am so grateful to my Lord. My babies are sleeping so I have time to write to you and tell people where I am and how I am. Me and Dh are doing shift - I am so awake.

Where should I start? ??? had a horrible scary week- everyone took it seriously as it was a potential fatal illness if I was not monitored. I am glad they did.

Sunday I was admitted to A&E with back pain that came suddenly like a bullet- 999 dialed by DH - call red said paramedic - we initially thought it was indigestion and it was at the end - but first I had to have all sort of tests/ radiation to prove that this was not the case (PE) . Waited 10 hours in a&e on my own- DH was looking after the babies and was advised not to bring the kids to the hospital- full of sick people.

The waiting got longer and longer- they took ECG test, blood test, BP and other observations. A Dr came in to tell me "you might have a blood clot"- pain was in the chest area (back side) and initially without him telling me "It is PE , pulmonary Embolism" ??? ? I scream around A&E (like really upset)- nobody came to see me or ask me if I wanted anything ( a cup of drink). I was left without any clothes (only had a nighty) and lots of Doctors hardly any patients (around 9am- A&E is empty). You can imagine how worried I was ^eyes^ :'(  with no information. The only way is to say something.  >:(

Before this happened- I was told to have an x ray of my chest  ^eyes^ - nothing came (inconclusive). By 10am I was admitted to emergency assessment unit- and I was so tearful but there were 3 ladies on the ward who kept me sane. Two young women and a 66 year old lady. We all had a laugh- :) majorly complaining about the doctors and nurses about how rubbish they are - and how badly we all want to go home. It was during dinner that kept us quiet - everything was lovely when they gave us meals. :)  This young girl had a blood clot and pneumonia - she said she had to take her own blood because staff couldn't do it  ^eyes^ , shocking or what- permission given by the Dr as she is a phlebotomist.  In my case, I had like 5-6 cannulas inserted wrongly in me- mostly by inexperienced junior doctors who think you are a dummy. I was still saying to them " ah dont worry , you are learning ", but inside I though " £$^^$$*&!!!!!***, you are so rubish, I am really starting to hate you". Get me a proper Doctors/nurse.

I never imagined to be in hospital (as an inpatient for this long 12 days after a c section) and working myself in hospital trying to get people safely out that was my aim- at this stage I couldn't sign myself out :-X , but wait for more tests to see if I had PE. I was told not to go home.

So more tests (CT scan) done on the same day (Monday) which also proved inconclusive- Dr said we can see the biggest blood vessels but not the smaller ones due to my size- oxygen level was high and he said "it is unlikely that I will have a blood clot with high oxygen levels"- good news but "what if". Dr said they need to make a decision asap as to whether I should have more tests (more radiation :'( ). At this stage I said- take me back to the maternity ward- I want to be with my babies and I cant have them here (ward full of sick people coughing and vomiting and something else). So they said "ok", I was taken to the labour ward Monday evening. Midwife said "we are responsible and we look after you for 6 weeks after giving birth".

So Drs keep coming in- monitoring me even more. Asking questions- they told me that the sudden pain "could" be an indication of PE. I was scared ^eyes^ . I went to bed that night , DH taking the kids so I can get some rest. The following day- tuesday I was seen by the pulmonary/respiratory team around 5pm- asking me questions about my symptoms and the Dr was in shock about the amount of weight I put on (43 kgs)  ^bigbad^ , mosly because I couldn't move much and walk far. Decisions were made the following day for me to have another CT scan (CTPA) which came back normal and all treatment stopped _ I was getting 120mg heparin (higher dosage), Dr said the alternative is to have 6 months treatment and side effects involves bleeding internally ^eyes^  shocking or what??? unnecessary taking blood tinner?? , rather have the CT scan.

My parents were so worried- my brother called from USA to make sure I was ok. Everything is ok- still scary (firstly the GA, then possible PE?). I am ok. I am a fighter.

So here is my story- please do not see this as bad news- but so you are aware that pregnancy is not an easy thing to go through. I was big - my body was working so hard and even now I feel that for me to go back to how I was , well...it will take some time.

Midwife is in tomorrow- I think she is more here to see my babies than myself- everyone kept saying how beautiful they are- one looks like my Italian side of the family and the other twin more Danish.

Well, not much else to say-all I can say is that I am ok- feeling a bit tired but ok.

If anyone wants to be my friend on social media- or see my babies pictures -   :)   Don't be afraid to ask.

Thank you once again for listening.

Love

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 16/01/13, 16:56 »
    Dear Diary

How is everyone doing?  :)

My boys are sleeping- DH is in the hospital doing hydrotherapy treatment for his AS. Everything is back to normal- apart from not sleeping much things are well.

I am still recovering from my traumatic birth and post birth experience- nothing was easy and I blame the amount of weight I put on :'( . Makes you think about having another baby and if we do I will have to be very very thin, like ultra thin. A little girl will be nice- who knows what the future will bring. My plans now are to lose weight and be a super fit mama. :)  Having 2 kids at once - what a beautiful gift me and Dh was given- I feel blessed. Never thought 2012 will be our year.

My feet and legs are still painful- DH says it is my weight , I say I have to be more active but the whether doesnt help. Only sleeping 4 hours max per day- trying to eat healthy and today I started my diet- I can do this :)

Trying to keep up with things- hard job  :) , but beautiful to watch them grow. They are 4 weeks today :) , they are my world- my life, thank you Lord.

Love
    Hope xx