Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waiting for Early Scans (2012) - Part 2

125K views 1K replies 129 participants last post by  ❁ BG2007 ❁ 
#1 ·

Waiting for Early Scans (2012) - Part 2
Welcome ladies ^wave^ and congratulations ^afro^

Please post here whilst you are waiting for those all important first scans. Once you have had your early scan please proceed to the BFP threads, these threads are a great way to make the new friends that will join you in your future birth club threads ^goodluck^

If you would like to be added to the list please highlight in your posts your name, type of treatment and your scan date ;)

If you need help getting a ticker read HERE but please note which tickers we do not allow on this site ;)

Dont forget to check out our due date and gestation calculator! : HERE

:-* xx B xx :-*

Waiting for Early Scans

[csv=]
Name,Tx,Scan Date,

yazz, IVF, 1/5/12
8868dee, IVF, 2/5/12 ^baby^
CharlieClarke, , 2/5/12 ^baby^
Chocolatebuttons, PGD, 3/5/12
Kitty71, ICSI, 4/5/12 ^baby^
Fingers Crossed 35, ICSI, 4/5/12 ^baby^
flowerfly33, IVF, 5/5/12 ^angel^ ^hugme^
Tabi, ICSI, ^angel^ ^hugme^
Raymondo, ICSI, 8/5/12 ^baby^
inisor39, ICSI, 10/5/12 ^angel^ ^hugme^
KittyKkong, IVF, 11/5/12 ^baby^
Tjm, , 12/5/12
jillaz, ICSI, 14/5/12
FireWolf, IVF, 14/5/12 ^baby^
Daisy Princess, ICSI, 15/5/12 ^baby^
bettygrace, IVF, 15/5/12 ^baby^
rachandsuzann, , 16/5/12 ^baby^
HomelyGirl, IVF, 16/5/12 ^baby^
alpa1610, ICSI, 17/5/12 ^baby^ ^baby^
glparker, IVF,17/5/12 ^baby^
holliedolly, Nat BFP, 17/5/12 ^baby^
Artypants, Nat BFP, 17/5/12 ^angel^ ^hugme^
Em333, IVF, 18/5/12 ^baby^
broody23, DIUI, 19/5/12 ^baby^
mrs_ixy, ICSI, 21/5/12
Daysleeper, OI, 24/5/12 ^baby^ ^baby^
Caroline K, IVF, 24/5/12 ^baby^
olga74, IVF, 25/5/12 ^baby^ ^baby^
Minxylaure, IVF
fingers and toes, FET, 28/5/12
loopy13, IUI, 28/5/12
Fay999, ICSI,
Kimbers101, ICSI, 29/5/12 ^baby^
diamonds18, ICSI, 29/5/12 ^baby^ ^angel^
RSL, IVF, 31/5/12
Chellexx, , 31/5/12
Em0504, FET, 31/5/12 ^angel^ ^hugme^
catherino, ICSI, 31/5/12
Buntyg, DEPICSI,
Leigh1973, IVF, 2/6/12 ^angel^ ^hugme^
MaxMolly, DEICSI, /6/12 ^baby^
Annarosie, Surrogacy, 5/6/12 ^baby^ ^baby^
Lannypoo, IVF, 6/6/12 ^baby^
Smorkie, DEICSI, 6/6/12 ^baby^
Fishface3463, DEIVF, 6/6/12
BeagleMom, IVF, 6/6/12 ^baby^
Frothy, ISCI / DS, 6/6/12 ^baby^
Jessart, DIVF, 6/6/12 ^baby^ ^baby^
SuzieN, ICSI, 7/6/12 ^angel^
Twinnies, , 7/6/12 ^baby^ ^baby^
Joanna1981, ICSI, 7/6/12 ^baby^ ^baby^
MrsVenus, , 7/6/12 ^baby^
georgiegirl30, FET, 8/6/12 ^baby^
alex28, IVF, 11/6/12
georgiegirl30, FET, 11/6/12
C-M-F, ICSI, 12/6/12
Sam 1404, DE IVF, 13/6/12
em2009, IVF, 13/6/12 ^baby^
catbob, , 14/6/12
Janey E, IVF, 14/6/12
pinky8232, ICSI, 14/6/12
Janey E, ICSI, 14/6/12
jess 0x0, DE IVF, 15/6/12
flappergirl425, IVF, 15/6/12 ^baby^
lots 1, IVF, 15/6/12 ^baby^
Lisymb, Clomid, 16/6/12 ^baby^
AMD, Emb Adoption, 16/6/12 ^angel^ ^hugme^
angie pangie, ICSI, 18/6/12 ^baby^
RachelMaria, IVF, 19/6/12 ^angel^ ^hugme^
muffin1302, ICSI, 19/6/12 ^baby^ ^baby^
Hopeful37, ICSI, 20/6/12 ^baby^
traceytbird80, FET, 21/6/12 ^angel^ ^hugme^
EmmaD23, Clomid, 22/6/12 ^baby^
Louplou_22, Nat BFP, 25/6/12 ^baby^
orangegerbera, ICSI, 27/6/12 ^baby^
Slinkypick, ICSI, 28/6/12
Kadah4, ICSI, 29/6/12 ^baby^ ^baby^
DK, Nat BFP , 29/6/12 ^baby^
KateBoothby, ICSI, 2/7/12 ^baby^
Lisajane73, Nat FET, 2/7/12 ^baby^
JessicaUK123, ICSI, 3/7/12 ^baby^
Charlie 'N' Bec, , 3/7/12 ^angel^ ^hugme^
Nicola22, ICSI, 3/7/12
cassie5, Nat BFP, 4/7/12 ^baby^
Mandy39, IVF, 5/7/12 ^baby^
aissha, , 6/7/12 ^baby^ ^baby^
Sun Flower, DFET, 6/7/12 ^baby^
flump5, IVF, 7/7/12 ^baby^
Nicky37, IVF, 10/7/12 ^angel^
Csp2, ICSI, 11/7/12 ^baby^
ginger42, ICSI, 12/7/12 ^baby^
Hope.x, FET, 16/7/12
Musee, , 16/7/12 ^baby^ ^baby^ ^baby^ ^baby^
bikershaz, IVF, 17/7/12 ^baby^
Mrs shiny, , 19/7/12 ^angel^ ^hugme^
hope1988, FET, 19/7/12 ^baby^
Jenny74, FET, 23/7/12
Tito, IVF, 24/7/12 ^baby^ ^baby^
HJones0809, ICSI, 24/7/12 ^baby^
Stansley 2007, ICSI, 26/7/12 ^baby^
Redhead74, IVF, 26/7/12
twinkleNJM, IVF, 26/7/12
roosterroooo, AI / DS, 26/7/12 ^baby^
hopeful39, , 27/7/12
Clairelee, IVF, 27/7/12 ^baby^ ^baby^ ^baby^ ^baby^
blueshrimp, IVF, 29/7/12 ^baby^
Sass7, ICSI, 30/7/12 ^baby^
Madi, FET, 30/7/12
Darlbag, ICSI, 2/8/12 ^baby^
blackdog, IVF, 2/8/12
Danii, IVF, 3/8/12
musee146, IVF
Nicky37, , ^angel^ ^hugme^
Jomo20, IVF, 9/8/12
Love_awaits, IVF, ^baby^ ^baby^ ^baby^
Sweety19,
pinkpaula, FET,
Rhubarb3, IVF, 8/8/12 ^baby^
LittleS, ICSI, 13/8/12 ^baby^ ^baby^
nylaboo, FET,23/8/12
age_789, FET, 24/8/12 ^baby^ ^baby^
A J, DEIVF, 28/8/12
lou-lou12, ICSI, 29/8/12
BettyMax, ICSI, 30/8/12
Donna11, Clomid,
lil' one, Nat BFP, ^angel^ ^hugme^
smileycats, DE IVF, 5/9/12
Donna82, IVF, 6/9/12
Millyjk, IVF, 6/9/12
marie123, IVF, 7/9/12
greekgirl, IVF,
lollypop3, IVIG, 9/9/12
Sunshinequeen, FET, 13/9/12
BlinkButton, IVF,
Pauline83, IVF,
Marie22, IVF,
Mrs.M, ICSI, 21/9/12
Lennylen, IVF, 25/9/12
dragonlady1380, IVF,

[/csv]​

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Ladies

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but here goes...

I got my beta results this morning and 12days post 5day blast transfer the results are 1446.4.  Is that quite a high result?  After  6 years of TTC and heartache after heartache it feels pretty wonderful.  First scan on the 7th June so more than a week of nerves before we really "see" anything definite.  I think Fishface and Beaglemom are both having scans on that date too?

Im trying to keep really busy  to keep my mind off the waiting.  All housework is being ignored of course  ;)

Congrats to all of you with BFPs and dont lose hope to those who havent quite gotten there yet  ^hugme^

Twinnies

#3 ·
Twinnies - congratulations on your BFP and yes this is a great place to wait for you scan with the other ladies!!  Your beta sounds great - perhaps more than one has snugggled in there!!!??

I am off for my scan today after a long 2 weeks - it seemed longer than waiting for OTD to come along.  I am very nervous - have been spotting off and on for last 10 days, so very anxious - although my docs have said not to worry unless accompanied by cramping and bleeding gets heavier.........scan at 2.30 - so now just trying to pass the hours doing a bit of work to keep my mind occupied (and posting here of course!!!)

#4 ·
Diamonds, ive got everything crossed for you  ^pray^

Twinnies, congrats ^congrats^

Hello to everyone else xxx

#5 ·
Thanks for the congrats!  We too were starting to think more than one might have snuggled in...but I called the clinic this morning with the results and the nurse seemed to think they were not particularly high.  My other BFPs have been between 70 and 120 so I was pretty surprised with 1446!  Then again, none of them went to term  :'(  so they were probably very low.  She says blasts give higher betas as they are more developed than 2day transfers...

Good luck with your scan today Diamonds, let us know how it went

^hugme^  to all

Twinnies

#6 ·
I will apologise in advance as here comes the biggest ME post ever........

So scan day today - the most traumatic day of my  IVF journey so far........DH and I arrived early at the clinic at 2pm - had half an hour to kill.  I had only been to the toilet about 30 mins before, but you know how nerves get to you .....so at 2.15 I popped to the loo - to find that I had blood pouring out fo me - not just spotting but thick dark bright red blood.......OMG - have never cried so much .....came out of the loo, had to go through clinic waiting room to find DH - who then took me sobbing to find a nurse.  The clinic were fantastic and took me to a side room, where I then had to wait for my scan......

So it turns out I was expecting twins......both had implanted, but today one sac was empty - so I am now in the middle of miscarrying one of my little babies.  The other baby has a strong heartbeat an is exactly the right size which is fantastic news.  But to be honest feel so numb - seeing all that blood was devastating; and there is a much higher risk of me miscarrying the other twin now - next 3-10 days are critical to see what happens.  Why cant anything ever be straightforward?  So feel kind of like I am grieving for one baby, which I know probably sounds dramatic - but that is how I feel, but I have to refocus on the baby that is there.  I have another scan booked for Friday - have got to hope the little one hangs in there and doesnt get upset by the cramping that is now going on in my tummy...... 

Hope everyone else is ok xx

#7 ·
Diamonds - i am so sorry hun.  I have no words that could ever make you feel better.  ^hugme^ Make sure you have lots of rest and grieve for your lost one.  The surviving twin sounds  like he/she is a fighter.  I shall be thinking of you on Friday.

ATM - i had my scan today.  One perfect little bean measuring 17mm with a strong heartbeat.  We are both so chuffed. EDD is 16th Jan.

Kxx

#8 ·
Kimbers that is fantastic news!! - congratulations  :)

#9 ·
Diamonds I've everything crossed for you that your strong heartbeat baby is a fighter & hangs on in there. I'd it's any small comfort another lady I know lost a twin @ 12wks and she has a gorgeous baby boy now 2yrs old so this is by no means the end. They are more resilient than we think.
^pray^ for you for Fri Hun, plenty of tlc & rest  ^hugme^
Xxx

#10 ·
Diamonds I am so so sorry I will be thinking of you on friday it dounds like the remaining twin is a fighter ^Cuddle^

#11 ·
Oh Diamonds I'm so sorry ^hugme^ ^hugme^ What an awful experience. And of course you have to grieve for your baby, it never fails to amaze me how some people do not consider a miscarriage as losing a baby! Like Fishface says there are ladies who lose a twin and go on to have their other baby with no probs at all...
Look after yourself and your precious little one . Lots of positive thoughts coming your way ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Congrats on your scan Kimbers!

Twinnies

#12 ·
Diamonds,  I am completely with you.  I am in a similar position except no bleed.  We had 2 sacs on Friday, with one heartbeat.  It is entirely normal to feel devastated for the lost one, my HCG levels were so high I kind of knew there would be two, I am struggling to feel over the moon about the one because I so want the other one to be ok.  We have a scan Friday also.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^

ck x

#13 ·
Kimbers, fishface, Em, twinnies, Caroline, - thanks so much for your kind words and reassurance - feeling sad still today but I am trying to focus on my little one that is still with me  ^pray^ ^pray^  Still cramping and bleeding - so just got to rest and wait until Friday for the scan now ......

Caroline - my heart goes out to you - it is such a strange and sad feeling to know you are pregnant with two but only one is surviving - I really hope that Friday brings good news for you and a second heartbeat is found xxxx  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^

#15 ·
Hi All

Can I join??

Got our BFP last week and we have our scan booked for 13th June.

We've never got this far since we had an m/c after a nat BFP so we're both terrified but a little bit hopeful.

Hope everyone is doing ok today

Love Sam xx

#16 ·
Diamonds I am so sorry, how are you today, I wish you all the best for tomorrow x

#17 ·
Hi Sam, welcome and huge congrats on your BFP!!  I'd add a jumping banana but cant see them anywhere in the list of smilies!

I am obsessing this morning...last night during dinner I had the biggest, sharpest pain down in my left side...and this morning when I got up my boobs are hardly sore at all.  Theyve been really heavy and painful for the past few days so of course I'm imagining the worst  :(  That happened on one of my other BFPs and it wasnt good news.

This is madness, I thought the 2WW was bad.  I am now considering getting another beta done...it seems so long to wait until the 7th with no "news".  Is anyone having more betas done while waiting for their first scan?

^hugme^ ^hugme^ to all

Twinnies

#18 ·
Hi Sam - welcome - congratulations on your BFP  ^pompom^    The wait to the first scan is a long one so try to have lots of things lined up to distract yourself!!

Twinnies - it is complete torture - I think the 2ww for the scan is just as bad as the OTD 2ww!!  I have read from lots of others that the symptoms come and go - so try not to drive yourself crazy thinking about it....I know it is easier said than done though!!    I had three betas done in the run up to my first scan and I did find it helped me to remain calmer to know by HCG was continuing to double at a good rate - so if you think it would help to know things are progressing then I would have one!!  After 6-7 weeks it isnt worth having them done any more apparently - but up until your first scan they can tell you everything is moving in the right direction!!  I also used the blasted POAS every day ( ^idiot^)........

AFM - cramping is still strong, but bleeding has stopped for the time being - so I hope that things start to settle down again now and I will see a beautiful heartbeat tomorrow!  One thing is for sure I wont being popping to loo before my scan tomorrow no mater how much I need to go!!!!!

#19 ·
Hi Ladies

Would like to join you please we got out BFP last week and have scan booked for 21st june I think this wait is worse than the 2ww it seems to take for every had ds from our previous cycle so was very very lucky then just hope our luck carrys on with this cycle but I am so scared this time.

Diamonds - you really have had a hard time recently really feel for you but wish you all the luck in the world for tommorw that you hear a nice heartbeat

Sam - Hi think you are just alittle ahead of me how far will you be when you have your scan

Caroline - Good luck for your scan tommorrow

thinking of all you other ladies there looking for to getting to know you all over the next few weeks

tbird x

#20 ·
traceybird - congratulations on your BFP - great news  :) :)  21st June seems a long time away - still another 3 weeks - how many weeks will you be on the scan day?  Really hope you are lucky second time around xxx

#21 ·
Hi girls, do you mind if I join you? Am in scan-limbo-paranoid mode - we got our first ever BFP through ICSI/DS on May 15th and have scan booked in next Weds.  Am on constant knicker watch and analysing every niggle. It is so much harder than the 2ww, during which I reckon I was pretty chilled compared to now. Am getting the occasional cramping that feels like AF pains a little bit but trying not to think too much about it. Have not had any HCG bloods done since our BFP so just hoping and waiting.

Diamonds - that is so rough for you and absolutely terrifying.
Twinnies/Traceyt - agreed it is such a long wait

Have a nice restful(!) evening girls
Frothy XX

#22 ·
Welcome Sam and Tracybird congrats on your BFPs  ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^

Diamonds...yes definitely think I feel more tense/obsessy  now than during the 2WW.  The boobs are sore again by now so thats sort of calmed me down  ^idiot^  havent had any more of those nasty pains either.  My last BFP was a cervical pregnancy so I am very scared it might be another ectopic.  By the way you have definitely convinced me I need another beta, think I'll go monday morning.  No way can I last till next Thursday!

Best of luck with your scan tomorrow  ^pray^

Twinnies

#23 ·
Hi Frothy welcome and congrats on your great news! ^congrats^
Try and keep occupied with plenty of non-taxing stuff...sofa duty, reading, meeting friends (only understanding ones!) preparing yourself healthy treats....even a bit of gentle shoe shopping...I've seen some new wedge sandals that would look GREAT with a bump... ;)

Twinnies ^hugme^

#24 ·
Afternoon Ladies

Frothy - Congratulations on your BFP

Diamonds - Agree with you my scan seems miles away we are at care nottingham I had et on 10th May and Scan is booked in for 21st June they said I will be 6 weeks on there records which if we then plus the 2 weeks I will be eight weeks pregnant.

How far will everyone else be on the day of there scans

tbird x

#25 ·
Hi girls,
my gosh what an emotional rollercoaster this is  :-\ :-\
Congrats everyone on the BFP
Diamonds  ^pray^ everything is fine with your scan tomorrow,
I have had a tiny spot of red blood today and now can't take my mind off things, i feel like Ive lost a few of my symptoms, the nurse at my clinic said just to rest it sounds OK but i cant help worrying, just feel like  :'(

#26 ·
Frothy - welcome - congratulations on your BFP  :)

Tracey - I was 7 weeks exactly for my scan - I think that is what most ladies seem to be - but I guess each clinic has slightly different protocols? x Hope you ahve got lots of nice relaxing things planned fo rthe next few weeks to keep you occupied?

Georgie - a tiny amount of red blood is ok - try not to worry (so much easier said than done I know) - my doctor told me you only need to be concerned if get a lot of red blood and cramping.  He also recommended making sure I drink lots of water as apparently it reduces the cramping - and dehydration would make any cramping worse - so I am busy drinking litres of the stuff a day...and constantly in the loo as a consequence!!

AFM - no bleeding today - have felt very crampy though all day - pains worse this evening.  So nervous about tomorrow's scan.  But in other ways it cant come soon enough as I want to know twin 2 has survived  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.