Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogus Clinic - Northern Cyprus - Part 10

48K views 493 replies 33 participants last post by  Ange's journey 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Thanks Tilly. x

#3 ·
Foxy, I'm so sorry to hear about Bailey.

#4 ·
Hi peapea,

it's very normal to not see midwife until about 8-9 wks pregnant, I think it does depend on your loacl area though. the tirdness does get worse i'm afriad normally the first 14 wks are the worst you then seem to get a new lease of life until you get to about 30 wks and then it all slows down again with feeling tired.

try to get as much rest as you can and when you need to nap try to as it will help with a little boost to keep you going.  Great results from the bloods BTW x

#5 ·
Moomoo, thanks for the advice :)  off to do my pessary now so no doubt DP will be waking me at 7! lol!

Thanks Tilly for our new home! I must have a word with SarahP about this mountain of ironing! The only thing that gets ironed in our house are DPs work shirts. Everything else looks just fine after hanging in the airing cupboard and once it's on your warm body the creases are gone within the hour.  SarahP I order you away from that ironing board! ^hugme^

PeaPea x

#6 ·
Marking

#7 ·
Foxy - I'm so sorry about Bailey  :( My little monster is my world so I can only imagine how hard it must be for you right now  ^hugme^

#8 ·
Aw Foxy I am so so sorry honey. Like most ladies who have mentioned I know how you feel. I do believe our Buster is watching over us, miss him like mad.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ and kisses.

Cookie, well done. Looking forward to reading your updates. So jealous. Please send us some nice weather over  ;D

BigA you truly are very heartwarming. Siob, you are so wonderful. Truly blessed couple  :)

#9 ·
Does the hotel not cater at all for vegetarians? I'm a strict veggie, but there's only so much I can eat green leaves :-(. Last two days they've had nothing in the hot section for vegetarians oh today we have steamed broccoli.... Apart from that its either green leave or pickled beetroot or red cabbage and gerkins I think they were.:-( :-(. Good job I had a big lunch

#10 ·
Oh Cookie, bit disappointing about the food. Seems to be a common theme though. I would have thought considering they cater for a lot of us IVF ladies nutritional food is important. I believe there are some great places to go out and eat though. Anyway, don't think about it. Mind you, you can't not, but make sure you get plenty when you go out.  ^hugme^  xx

#11 ·
Thank you Angela, it looks like we will be eating out a bit more than we thought. my poor hubby didn't even realise I was so upset that I'm eating greens all day for the last two days :-(. He is happy eating his meat stuff..

Well Umit just rang and said I have 7 grade 1 emybros but he didn't know how many was collected. Hope they continue to stay strong until Tuesday now

#12 ·
Cookie- that is great news,  ^reiki^ they all hang in there. I went in Sept and even as a meat eater there wasn't much to eat. I am not even sure what the muck i was eating was but pretty sure the meat had been picked clean of the dish. I was hunggry for the time I was there as had no idea where the harbour was and missed lunch the day I was at the clinic. The food at the pool bar was nice though. Shame we cant order that instead of the food included in the price. x

#13 ·
I agree berry. the food at the poolside is very nice. shame they don't really think of the food side to cater for all. as I assume most of there clients are from dogus! We can't even find a room service menu:-(. Apart from food the hotel and staff have been great. lol

#14 ·
Cookie - have you asked the restaurant staff to make something for you?  I recall some people have asked and the chefs were happy to cook to order.

#15 ·
Cookie, fantastic news on the embies. I'm with BC on  ^pray^ they continue to thrive  :)

Must say I love my meat too so I have picked up plenty of great info on here thanks to everyone xxx

Sarah, how are you doing honey?  :) xxx

#16 ·
Thank you ladies for all your kind messages, I know it was his time to go x

Glad to hear your HCG was super Peapea and that you have 7 top grade embryos Cookie.

Foxy x

#17 ·
Foxy, so very sorry you lost your pal  :(  It's so hard to lose them but I'm sure you made him feel a very happy and loved little chap  ^hugme^

#18 ·
Hi Everyone

Good news peapea  :)

Foxy sorry for you loss :(

Cookie really good news on embrios  :) hopefully will meet you soon  :)

Sarah how are you doing  :)

Hope your taking things easy BigA  ;D

RJS hope your ok will see you soon  :)

Sorry if I have missed anyone thinking about everyone

Well I am packed just a few erands to do tomorrow before we leave tomorrow ;D

quick question do we need a plug adaptor as think i read somewhere its a normal plug

Sharon x

#19 ·
Hi Shaz - you shouldn't need a travel adaptor, it's all 3-pin UK plugs.  The only place we saw anything different was at Larnaca Airport.

#20 ·
Bikershaz - plugs are the same as th UK, so don't worry.

Sweetd - ignore everything that comes out of your MILs mouth.  She has now shown her true colors and can no longer be believed or trusted.

Swims - so glad you are back on posting....keep us posted on your progress.

Sarah - I am a bit sceptical of slimming worlds claim that you can diet while pregnant.  This is false....you absolutely should not be dieting while pregnant....because you need to have good nutrition for a growing baby and also not put your body under unnecessary stress.  Especially with the slimming world diet which has you replace a meal with a shake!  You would be hungry all the time. That being said, when I was preggers I had gestational diabetes...so I was on a very low carb diet...which meant that I did gained only 5 lbs the entire pregnancy (because I was overweight to begin with) so essentially I lost weight as soon as I gave birth.  In any case, hold off on the diet until you are sure you are not pregnant - then let loose.  As soon as I landed in Sydney, I decided my diet would start....so am now on one and it is going well although I have no scale to check my beginning weight.

Foxy - sorry for your loss.  I once had had to put down a dog I had since a child (she was 16 years old) and it is hard I know...but sounds like you made the right decision.

As for ironing....we don't do any in our house...my DH is a slob and we do like BC and hang the shirts up after damp drying and hope for the best.  If DH can't be bothered to iron, I am not gonna do it for him!

Hi all from Sydney - as mentioned above I am on a massive diet to lose weight before the next go....this time with donor eggs only.  As others have mentioned, I want to be pregnant soon and can't wait for the 3 or 4 cycles it might take to use my own eggs. I don't want there to be a huge gap between DD and a sibling.  And no, I am not going to apologise to anyone about wanting a second child.  I went through so much to have my DD and it is no-one else's business. 

Had my first acupuncture season in Sydney yesterday (close to Bondi beach) with a lady who was recommended to me by a friend who went through loads of ivf in Sydney) and it was great.

Just to let you all know.....Sydney in the winter is about the same temperature as London right now...and it is sunny no clouds in the sky almost every day!  So great.

Sally

#21 ·
Hi sal, glad its all going well in oz, btw slimming world isn't the shake diet, that's slim fast your thinking off.  Slimming world is lots of fruit, veg, pasta, rice, potatoes and fresh meat or fish, you have to limit and measure  things like bread, cereal, cheese, milk and jar foods, ready made foods are off the menu really with slimming world, you can eat truck loads off certain things most of which are low fat and really healthy.

Might see you in Cyprus then eng of aug beg sept take care and good luck with the diet, I am starting Monday to try and loose at least a stone before going out, fingers crossed x

#22 ·
Hi sarahp sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Hun hope your okay x

#23 ·
Morning All

Moomoo -  :)  Loving the sound of your DH with his RW looks... I love Robbie! Yes, funny how people can look so different; thanks for your wise words!

Sal- good to hear you are settling in down under. You're right... We shouldn't apologise or wanting another child. Tbh I was on a forum in march where I was told i should consider myself lucky with one (which I obviously do  ::) .) xx

Shaz - safe flight... Do keep in touch and let us know how the week goes. Xx We fly a week today - how long is the flight?

Foxy -  ^hugme^  So sorry about Bailey. I lost one of my cat's 4 yrs ago & it still upsets me now. Look after yourself. Xx

Cookie - am reading with grea nearest

#24 ·
Oops - sorry iPad playing up.

Cookie - meant to say I am reading with great interest as I am a veggie although I do eat fish. Think we will be eating out a fair bit. Have you got a poolside room?

Hi everyone else. Xx

Off to visit my parents in Kent today with DD. Could do without journey as I've lots to do,, not just packing etc but also school work for Monday but my Dad was rushed to hospital this week with gallstones - he's ok now just needs to have them removed. He's nearly 80 but usually v fit & healthy.

Have a good day all.

Xx

#25 ·
Thanks BA for the tip I will ask the restaurant chaps tonight. and see what happens.
Anagela you will have no probs. my hubby is loving the food.

Sharon, have a safe trip and hopefully we will catch up. the plus are all UK style three pin.

RJS. I've started having a bigger lunch so then I won't get to upset lol. but will ask the chef tonite. I also requested a poolside room from Umit before we came. and just confirmed it was poolside when we checked it. Its lovely..m

#26 ·
Cookie - congrats on getting 7 embryos, fantastic news.  Sorry to hear you are struggling with the food, hopefully you'll get something nicer than just broccoli tonight  ;D

Shaz safe journey Hun  ^hugme^

RJS sorry to hear your dad has been poorly but is on the mend.  So worrying for you  ^hugme^ .  My BIL has been rushed into hospital twice with kidney stones this year, my poor sister has two young boys so it has been a nightmare for her. 

Morning everyone, I find it hard to keep up but I think of all. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.