* Author Topic: PGD Funding - Your Experiences  (Read 22835 times)

0 Members

Offline Chilli Chick

modify
PGD Funding - Your Experiences
« Reply #30 on: 28/01/14, 13:13 »
Nottingham Care but we were referred there by the consultant who got us our funding.

I'm due back there tomorrow to have egg transfer if eggs test ok so will ask then.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline cfb107

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 28/01/14, 14:38 »
    Hi Chilli Chick we were treated at Care Nottingham, they will definitely get the extra cycles for you,they were very optimistic with our funding. You are entitled to 3 cycles providing you fit into certain criteria so that is what you will get.

Offline alliei80

modify
    « Reply #32 on: 6/02/14, 14:42 »
    I think a lot are in a similar boat Chilli Chick, when they first went they were told one but the system changed last April so it's only just starting to filter through when people go back I think.  You'll definitely get three as long as you meet the criteria (which I would imagine you do if you were granted one before).  X

Offline Dixie chick

modify
    « Reply #33 on: 7/02/14, 17:22 »
    I'm glad to see people who were initially given funding for only 1 or 2 cycles are now being allowed to have three under the new guidelines.

We were initially funded for unlimited cycles (v.lucky!) but were reduced to three when the new guidelines came out.  At the time I remember that we wondered if it would 'work both ways'. It does seem much fairer to have the same rule for everyone, although I might feel differently if our third cycle hadn't worked!

Offline cfb107

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #34 on: 9/02/14, 12:19 »
    Hi Dixie Chick - are you in East Mids? We are in Leicestershire and qualified for unlimited at the time we had treatment.

Offline Chilli Chick

modify
    « Reply #35 on: 16/02/14, 21:58 »
    sadly I didn't get my egg transfer due to not getting results needed from eggs.

I mentioned to nurse about the extra funding and they said if I wanted it they would apply for me.

Have now got results from eggs and only 1 egg was unaffected so now I just have to wait and see when they can implant.

Thanks for replies regarding funding

Offline wishes1982

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #36 on: 24/02/14, 12:01 »
    PGD Condition: Meckel Gruber
    When did you did decide to pursue PGD?: October 2013
    Did you apply for NHS funding? Yes
    Time taken: We applied for funding in October 2013 but because the syndrome wasn't on the HFEA list of approved conditions, the funding was initially declined. Applied to HFEA in November 2013 and given the go ahead in February 2014, back to the NHS for approvals which were give the very next day!

Application successful, yes/no? Yes

Further info:
    Following first round of IVF, the 12 weeks scan showed our baby to have a number of severe abnormalities consistent with Meckel Gruber syndrome :'(. Later genetic counselling confirmed my husband and I were indeed carriers of the faulty genes. We took our changes (25% chance of re-occurrence) and did a second round of IVF, we were expecting twins but sadly lost the first twin at 8 weeks and the surviving twin was later found to also have Meckel Gruber syndrome.  :'(
    We decided to pursue the PGD route as we need IVF to conceive anyway and following the NHS changes to funding (April 2013) we now qualify for 3 rounds :)!

Really hoping for PGD/Carrier Mapping and just waiting to see if that is possible for us ^pray^.

Offline lilllis

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #37 on: 28/07/14, 11:49 »
    Hi guys

Have my first appointment with Oxford in two weeks time - they have advised they can apply for NHS funding for me - on average how long does this take? out condition is on the list already...

Thanks

lillis

Offline alliei80

modify
    « Reply #38 on: 29/07/14, 10:44 »
    I think it should now be automatic as long as you meet all the criteria (http://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/e01-p-a.pdf) so if they are already approved for your condition you should be able to get started pretty quickly.

/links

Offline Heavens34

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #39 on: 18/08/14, 20:48 »
    Hi all,

I am new to this site!!
    I have a balance translocation and carrier of cystic fibrosis, oh and also found out that a baby will be born with disabilities should I have a natural birth.  I have found out today that I may be entitled to PGD funding, something I didn't know. It all sounds good, but one catch. My husband was married previously, he has two children and had a vasectomy. I don't have any children and had a miscarriage in a previous relationship. Therefore, do I qualify for funding?? My genetics counsellor, thinks that my husband situation may stand in our way. I am praying that it doesn't as this would be so unfair and cruel, since I have genetics problems regardless of my husbands past choices. Is there anybody who has experienced the same thing or anybody who thinks we will get funding?? :-)