Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Advice please - unused meds

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Scottish 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, 
I have just had a cycle, which failed because the 2 eggs we got did not fertilise. This was my 3rd failed cycle, so we said it would be the last one as my DP can't any more (not sure if I can either) I am absolutely devestated...neither my DP nor I can get our head round DE, so we won't be doing that.
Anyway, I have over a hundred pounds worth of drugs which I haven't used and I am not going to use... Don't want to throw them away, but don't want them in the house anymore - any ideas?

Sarah

#2 ·
Sorry to hear about your failures. I think that everyone who did turn to donor eggs (me included) were adamant we wouldn't at one stage.

There's nothing you can do with the drugs really -it's illegal to sell or offer them to another party. I would just keep them out of sight somewhere.....you never know.
I've got a load in a shoe box at the bottom of my wardrobe.

#3 ·
Hi violet,

Thanks for your reply...
shame about the meds.
I'm sure DE is right for some people, and maybe one day right for me - who knows...Looking at your signature, it looks like you have really been through it...

Good luck with your quest

S x

#4 ·
Just to let you know that I donated my unused meds back to the clinic who had a scheme to provide leftover meds to those in most financial hardship.

You might like to contact them and see whether that is possible?  I believe a number of clinics have this option.

D xx

#5 ·
oh that's a nice idea Daisy - had no idea about that.

#8 ·
Chux,

This doesn't include returning to your clinic as mentioned above does it?

D x

#10 ·
Thanks Chux.

D xx

#11 ·
It's so inappropriate for clinics to give out returned drugs and if the regulators knew clinics were doing that it would be a serious finding against their **** licence. When drug are sold there are very strict guidelines on how returns are handled and in some cases they just can't be returned ie cold chain drugs ( fridge). There is no assurance over the integrity of their storage while not in the clinic. Trust me I do these sort of inspections for a living and I would have serious issues with any clinics who think its ok to do this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.