* Author Topic: Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?  (Read 65044 times)

0 Members

Offline jaimex

modify
Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?
« on: 25/08/12, 16:12 »
Hi ladies,

I thought will might be interesting and helpful to other ladies in the same boat.
If the lovey ladies who have a low amh and are pregnant could leave details about their selves to inspire others.

Level of amh

Number of afc

Number of eggs at ec

Number of treatments

Dose of drug and long or short protocol

Anything else you thing is helpful.

I have seen loads of pregnancy on all different boards of ladies getting there bfp with low amh, so think it would be lovely to read some and have them in one place for others to read. :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Betty-Boo

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • It's never too late to be what you might have been
    modify
    Re: Pregnant with a low amh ?
    « Reply #1 on: 25/08/12, 20:35 »
    Lovely idea Jaimex - I'll make this a sticky for all to answer.

Tis xx

Offline jaimex

modify
    Re: Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?
    « Reply #2 on: 26/08/12, 01:14 »
    Thank you  :)  Xxx

Offline jaimex

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 1/09/12, 19:02 »
    Anyone ???  ;D

Offline eibhlin

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 2/09/12, 21:28 »
    Hi Jaimex, hope you keeping well, what a great idea for a thread!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  babydust and virtual hugs to all!  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^
    Age 34 now (32 on successful cycle)

Level of amh 3.8 now (7.8 on successful cycle)

Number of afc 7 now (7 on successful cycle)

Number of eggs at ec 7, two were teeny and 5 usable

Number of treatments 2 fresh, 2 frozen. Was successful on second fresh cycle ( ;D it can happen! lets hope it does again someday!)

Dose of drug and long or short protocol successful tx: LP with down-reg and 450 menopur, used crinone as progesterone support. Unsuccessful on SP with 225 puregon, used crinone then too. Clinic now suggesting either (1) flare (2) LP with 600 menopur (3) natural - no drugs

Anything else you thing is helpful.
    You're a terribly important individual and the most helpful thing you can do right now is to mind yourself, and if you're going through it with a DH/DP make sure that they mind you and you mind them too! Whatever you think you need is absolutely right, so do whatever you need to, if you want to go out dancing, have a sneaky glass of wine, or you want to eat only brazil nuts, avoid christenings and instead watch funny movies from under the duvet, do it! I'm really sorry that this had to happen to you, but know that it's nothing to do with you, IF is a random, cruel blow of a situation that so many of us endure. I've tried all of the above and haven't a clue which worked. I liked the wine and movies most but not sure they are medically advisable. 
    When it works - and it does work, I never thought it would - and hopefully it will work for you too, your baba will be the most loved baba ever. Take care and sending you babydust and best wishes xox

Offline jaimex

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 2/09/12, 22:21 »
    Thanks eibhlin

Was starting to think no one was going to post and I know there are loads of ladies who get their bfp with low amh , I seen there signatures   ;D  I was like why arent they posting ? Lol  :)

So glad you got our bfp  and thanks for posting xxxxx

Offline ZiZi

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 4/09/12, 05:47 »
    Hi there, I too have a low AMH (2 out of 14  - I am nearly 38 years old) and am about to start IVF no 2. Good luck to you. x

Offline Fizzybee

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 7/09/12, 10:34 »
    Hi There,
    At my clinic they don't currently test for amh- but I was classed as having reduced ovarian reserve due to FSH level of 14.1 and an AFC of 2!
    I am 36- had flare protocol, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized and got my BFP 3 weeks ago. Was given a less than 5% change of success (only got that statistic once the cycle had finished thank goodness). I guess the old adage of "they can't test for quality" was true for me this time!
    Hope that helps
    x

Offline Arkay

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 7/09/12, 12:51 »
    My AMH is 6.6 so it's in the low range, although not as low as others, but still might give some people hope:

I'm 39 (a month off 40 at the time of treatment)
    AMH: 6.6
    AFC: 5 before stimming, 7 after stimming
    Eggs at EC: 6, one too immature to use, four of the five mature eggs fertilised
    ET: all four put back!  3 x 9/10 cell grade 1s and 1 x grade 2
    Tx: 1st cycle (ICSI using DS)
    Drugs: 300 puregon

BFP, one gestational sac and yolk sac seen at 5w2d scan. :)

Offline AmberW

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 9/09/12, 10:35 »
    Hi,

I was given a 5% chance of getting pregnant. My DS is 2  1/2 now but at the time. First ICSI cycle - disaster, second produced DS. Then my AMH was 4.9 and my FSH was 17.7 on day2, AFC was around 5 (counted before that cycle though) on one ovary. I was 36 at the time. We got 5 eggs at EC, with four mature - put back 1 blast and 1 morula.

I was on the cetrotide protocl - pill first then 450 menopur.

We were given the DE and adoption speech.

Thanks for starting this thread. Its really helpful as I'm thinking of starting another cycle soon and I'm nearly 40 with an even lower AMH!

Take care everyone