* Author Topic: Start with Lister or wait for ARGC after failed cycle with low AMH  (Read 2195 times)

0 Members

Offline Lottsy

• Un-Ranked
Hi Poppy,
Really interested to hear how you get on and what you decide to do as we are in a similar situation with a failed NHS cycle at Guys and thinking about next steps and alternative clinics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Poppy1981

Hi Lottsy,

We decided to go with ARGC in the end. After visiting Lister, ARGC and CRGH we decided ARGCís monitoring and personalisation were the best - of course, they are definitely the most expensive. Another lady I talked to on here just finished her cycle with them and it cost her 12k without immune treatment, just the immune test. Our main reason for choosing them was the level of monitoring as I firmly believe the lack of monitoring was the reason our Guyís cycle failed. I have low AMH which is going down quickly so it was important for us to choose a clinic that we believe offers the best chance. CRGH seemed good too though, if we couldnít afford ARGC I would have probably gone with them. Lister, in contrast, seemed to offer much less monitoring and personalisation.

I am now towards the end of my monitoring cycle and so far I am very happy with ARGC. The doctor is lovely, doctors do all scans, the reception pick up the phone really quickly and are very helpful. So far I never waited long for anything. Another good thing is that they do check a lot of things including immunes and give you a hysteroscopy (£1200 I think) which ensures the inside of your uterus is free of scarring, fibroids etc and during it they also find the best place to place embryos. Their immune test is far superior to that of Listerís and costs the same.

Pm me if you have more questions. Best of luck with whatever you decide xxx

Offline smallbutmighty

Poppy just to say as a fellow low AMHer I did a lot of cycles with ARGC and sadly didn't get anywhere. But I was exhausted from going in every day for 7.30am and getting up at 5 to do Cetrotide. I switched in the end to Create and had success there first time; only had to go in four times. I guess what I'm saying is, if ARGC gets too much, I found that going for treatment without immunes, etc worked fine for me in the end, so don't let them drain you.

Offline Poppy1981

Hi Smallbutmighty,

Thank you for your advice, great to hear you were successful at Create. Did you do a mild/natural IVF with them? Iíll definitely look into them if this ARGC cycle doesnít work. At this point I am ready to get up at 5 if Itís going to give me a higher chance, it also helps that my work is flexible so I should be able to go there however many times I need.

Did you have immune treatment at ARGC? Were your immunes still out of range when you went to Create or did they not check immunes at all? Xx

Offline ShadyWheat

Hi Poppy, Lottsy, maybe you want to join the main thread, you may get more replies there?

Lots of us have been to these clinics and can input.

As someone has done lots of cycles and has a known immune condition, I second smallbutmighty. Quite often its probably sadly down to embryo quality. I wasted a lot of time and money with immunes and have some regrets now as I should have probably just banked embryos while I could. Lister have managed to get me pregnant twice with empirical immunes, although unfortunately I lost both pregnancies. With DOR, realistically you have to be prepared for lots of cycles so money does become a factor (e.g it's a fact that our chances might only be 5-10% cycle compared to the normal 30%, and you have to consider that it takes a 'normal' couple 3 goes to have success). I went into this process a bit naively 2 1/2 years ago, but the main thing is to find a clinic and a consultant you trust, who is willing to be flexible and try different protocols, and most importantly, doesn't tell you to get lost or try donor eggs after you have a few failures and cycle cancellations because you're affecting their stats. Good luck!

Offline HopingAndPraying

• Gold Member
    Poppy great news you decided to go with ARGC , wishing you all the very best . And the close monitoring really makes you feel well looked after .

When you cycle there are lots of ladies in your induction that you buddy up with , that was a good thing for me as it was nice to meet ladies in the same boat and everyone was really supportive !

GOOD LUCK

Your story about your hubby and Dr T 😂😂😂 x

Offline Poppy1981

Hi Hopingandpraying,

Thank you! I really did need this encouraging message, particularly because now my cytokines came back high at ARGC and they want to treat me with Humira which means another 2 monthsí wait... I do believe I will feel very well looked after eventually as you say but oh the waiting! Hope everything is well with you xxx