* Author Topic: Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?  (Read 66309 times)

0 Members

Offline Val74

modify
Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?
« Reply #130 on: 6/01/16, 00:56 »
Hi everyone apologies for gatecrashing. Sally Liz am so sorry for your loss.xx

I've not been here for a long time but am feeling particularly despondent. Have had three IVF, one IUI, one tandem cycle and one timed intercourse with HCG, no success.

My AMH is 0.5 so after reading what others think constitutes a low AMH I'm wondering if there's really any point in any of this for me. Was going to get a hysteroscopy as never had one (just laparoscopy and HSG) but am starting to wonder if I should just accept and move on. Any advice? Apologies again for gatecrashing, hope everyone's well.xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #131 on: 6/01/16, 09:53 »
    ^hugme^

One thing I used to absolutely hate when going through it all, was people telling me that such a person got pregnant with a low AMH or such a person got pregnant naturally after giving up on treatment, etc.  I just used to think: 'Well that's just bloody fantastic for them, but how on earth does that relate to me?!'; but tbh, I don't know what else to say. ^hugme^

All I can tell you, is that my AMH was 2.49 when I was 36 and I was told to go for donor eggs.  It had been 5.4 only 10 months previously so with that downward trend, I can only imagine how bad it was when I actually did get pregnant 2 years later (yes, I'm afraid to say, after walking away from treatment for good).  It can't possibly have been much more than yours is now, if that.  To then get pregnant again 2 years after that just beggars belief.  My previous consultants had given up on me and were absolutely gobsmacked.

All I can tell you is that yes, it is possible.  It is possible for it to work with treatment and it is possible for it to work naturally.  It's just a damn sight harder than it is for most people.  The only bit of advice I can give you, is to not stop TTC naturally while waiting for other things.  With DD, as I had given up hope of ever getting pg, I did not do anything special.  It was a complete coincidence as I had no idea when I'd ov'd and it was one hell of a shock (I was actually D/R for a surrogate cycle and waiting for AF so I could start stimms. AF never arrived).

However, with this pg, I did track OV.  I also used 'Conceive Plus pre seed' and followed the 'Sperm Meets Egg Plan'.  It was a complete shock when it worked, as all I could think was 'this doesn't happen.  We don't just try and it happens.  This happens to other people.' but it can and did happen. 

I truly wish I had followed this plan before as who knows what heartache I could have been saved.  TBH, I hadn't actually previously heard of it.  With all of the treatment, DH and I had given up on TTC ourselves and tbh, not just BMS but any other kind of sex was a thing of the past.  I had given up all hope of ever getting pg so just didn't put any energy into it.

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #132 on: 6/01/16, 09:58 »
    Hi all,

I last had my AMH tested in 2010 and it was 5.94, I had IUI with donor sperm and had my daughter in 2013. I've been trying to have another baby, but had two miscarriages. My FSH is 13.9. Am guessing my AMH is a lot lower now!

Congrats Mandypandy!

x

Thank you!  I'm so sorry, I hadn't seen your post before.

I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Big hugs

xxx

Offline sallyliz

modify
    « Reply #133 on: 6/01/16, 10:10 »
    Val 74, I can only agree with what MandyPandy says, even with such a low amh you do still have a chance. You still have some eggs, you can still ovulate, therefore you can still get pregnant.

As for me, well I'm back on the rollercoaster again after magically/miraculously/stupidly? (I'm not sure which yet) managing to get pregnant naturally AGAIN within 6 weeks after my miscarriage in October. I am currently 6 weeks pregnant, but not feeling at all optimistic for a positive outcome.

I am still utterly astonished to have two natural BFPs so close together after never falling pregnant naturally before, when in April 2011 I was basically written off by my consultant and told our chances of conceiving naturally were close to zero because of my low AMH. And yet here I am nearly 5 years later and I still seem to have eggs left...

Wishing you all the luck in the world xxx

Offline Uber Barrens Club

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #134 on: 6/01/16, 14:55 »
    Sally liz, huge huge congrats and keeping everything crossed for you! xx

Offline Hopeful2013

modify
    « Reply #135 on: 21/01/16, 22:04 »
    Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is still ok but here are my results to give others hope:

The figures below were for my first pregnancy

Amh 3.2 (apparently it's 4.8 now)

Age 30

Follicle count 7

EC 8

No fertilised through IVF 3

2 day transfer, 1embryo

Non frozen

Long protocol: gonal f 225

Hope this helps? X

Offline Uber Barrens Club

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #136 on: 10/02/16, 10:10 »
    First cycle: Sept 15 - eggs frozen & fertilised with eggs from second cycle, none transferred or frozen as none made it to blast

(eggs were frozen unfertilised due to DH being unwell on day of EC and issues with a fresh sample - cycle would have had to be freeze-all anyway due to crap lining)

AMH: 1.5
    FSH: 17.6 in July 15, then 9.5 in Aug 15
    AFC: 5 at baseline
    Eggs at EC: 7, 6 mature, 6 eggs frozen unfertilised and thawed in Jan 16
    Eggs fertilised (with fresh eggs from IVF #2): 6 suitable for ICSI, 4 fertilised, none made it to blast
    Tx: Short protocol
    Drugs: 450iu Gonal-F for 4 days, dropped to 300iu for 3 days, and 225iu for 5 days. Cetrotide started on day 5 of stims.

Second cycle: Jan 16 - BFP
    AMH & FSH were not retested
    AFC: 10 at baseline
    Eggs at EC: 17 mature
    Eggs fertilised: 12 fertilised, 7 made it blast, 1 x 4AA transferred on day 5 + 4 blasts frozen
    Tx: Short protocol
    Drugs: 450iu Gonal-F for 6 days, dropped to 25iu for 3 days, and 225iu for 5 days. Cetrotide started on day 7 of stims. Progynova  (2mg x 3 times daily) added in on day of trigger and continued throughout due to thin endometrial lining. Cyclogest also taken from EC as per usual.

For my first cycle I had been on supplements for egg quality for only 6 weeks. However by the time of my second cycle I had been taking them for over 4 months i.e. the duration of the egg maturation process - I donít know if this made any difference but there was a substantial difference in my egg quantity and quality between both rounds, so Iím inclined to think there was:

DHEA 75mg
    CoQ10 (ubiquinol) 300mg
    Resveratrol
    Melatonin (during stims only)
    Vitamin D 10,000iu
    Vitamin E 1,000iu
    Vitamin C 500mg
    Zita West Vitafem prenatal
    Zita West DHA fish oils
    Selenium
    Folic acid 5mg (I have epilepsy hence take the prescription strength)
    +daily fresh wheatgrass shots in the run up to the cycle

I tried to eat relatively high protein in the months leading up to the cycle, and went very heavy on the protein whilst stimming (aiming for 60g a day minimum - can recommend Purition whole food protein powder for an extra boost, lovely mixed in with greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey)

I did do acupuncture although I am sceptical as to how much it actually did vs making me feel as though I did something proactive

I did find listening to hypnotherapy / guided meditation MP3s at night an absolute lifesaver, really chilled me out.

Iím only 5+2 so who knows if this BFP will lead to a baby in 9 months time, but for now I am pregnant :)

Offline sallyliz

modify
    « Reply #137 on: 8/10/16, 07:19 »
    Just an update to an earlier post - I'm now the blessed nun of 2 boys after a surprise natural BFP - 4 years after my doctors told me I'd never conceive naturally due to my almost non-existent egg reserve.

We weren't TTC, I wasn't taking any supplements, and my diet was high in fat and very unhealthy (mainly due to a lack of time and energy after looking after DS1)... In fact I was about 3 stone heavier than when I had my original AMH test.

Although I never believed in miracles, it seems that they can and do happen every day.

Xxx

Offline springy8

modify
    « Reply #138 on: 10/10/16, 11:09 »
    My stats are in sig but I will post here again

AMH 1.0
    FSH 16.8
    Antral follicle count 4

Went to doc in February about irregular cycles, was referred to gynae who thought my ovaries looked quiet and tested for AMH.  Got these results back.  I was told if we wanted to have a baby we probably should look at IVF straight away.  Another scan found a large endometrial polyp which was promptly removed.  Got pregnant naturally in April, with twins.  I am 28 weeks now and all going well so far.

Offline AppleTwig

modify
    « Reply #139 on: 10/10/16, 20:13 »
    Congratulations Springy8! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

I just found out today that my AMH is 2.9. It was around 8 i think 3 yrs ago when we conceived DD via our 3rd round of ICSI. We had the following then:
    - Long protocol - 2 eggs - 1 embryo - BFN
    - Flare protocol - 5 eggs - 5 embryos - 2 put back - BFN
    - Flare protocol - 2 eggs - 1 embryo - BFP! DD born Feb 2015.
    - FET from 2nd cycle recently - BFN. Hence the recent AMH blood test. Bit of a shock to see how much it's dropped so it's try again with mild IVF and see what happens... Started Co-Q10 and considering DHEA but nervous...