* Author Topic: Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?  (Read 66320 times)

0 Members

Offline Franki53

modify
Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?
« Reply #150 on: 11/01/17, 23:12 »
What does AFC stand for please?

Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline RebeccaRP

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #151 on: 11/01/17, 23:22 »
    It stands for 'antral follicle count' which you have at the start of an ivf cycle or during diagnostics to determine, with other tests, the extent of your ovarian reserve.

Offline tily

modify
    « Reply #152 on: 11/01/17, 23:23 »
    Antral follicle count - the number of resting follicles viewable across both ovaries at a baseline TV untrasound. Correlates with AMH and ovarian reserve. I'm low on all three but that's normal enough as they are all part of the same problem - DOR...diminished ovarian reserve. Hope this helps.

Offline Misty176

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #153 on: 26/11/18, 17:22 »
    Hi

Long time lurker second attempt at posting not sure what happened to my first post, I loved reading these when ttc they gave me the strength to keep on trying.

Level of AMH : 1.8 (2 years ago)
    Number of Eggs : 4
    Number of Treatments : 6
    AFC: 2
    FSH:18 (4 years ago)
    We also had variable sperm parameters sometimes we would just scrape the WHO measures but most of the time one or more parameters were under. I had one cancelled cycle and one cycle that failed to produce any embryos.

Success plus 2 in the freezer - Create Natural modified 3 Cycle ICSI embryo banking with FET
    Accupuncture
    Immunes with Dr Gorgy including IVIG up to 26 weeks Cytokines peaked at 60 during pregnancy was petrified as couldn't find any success stories with cytokines this high so adding mine should anyone ever do a search.

Based in South Wales so logistics was a nightmare happy to advise anyone who has any questions please inbox as I don't log on anymore. DS born by Elective C Section July 2018.

Hope this post gives you some comfort  :)

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #154 on: 30/11/18, 08:43 »
    I'm still only halfway through my pregnancy but I will post so that the information is here for others anyway:

Level of amh: 2.49

Number of afc: N/A

Number of eggs at ec: N/A

Number of treatments: See signature

Dose of drug and long or short protocol: N/A

I thought I'd post my details to give hope to others - although I hope I don't manage to do the opposite!  After being told several years ago that I would need to use donor eggs due to my low AMH, I went on to have several cycles using my own eggs resulting in extremely good embryos and I even currently have two frozen. However, unfortunately the pressure and stress of treatment got to me and I decided to call it a day in September 2012.

In February this year I decided to move ahead with my surrogate.  I was down regging (short) to get ready to start treatment in order to get embryos in March.  I had to wait for AF to come so I could start stimms - AF never arrived so I did a test (thinking: 'Oh yes - chortle chortle - as if') and it came up straight away saying 'pregnant'.  So after all the heartache and trauma, it happened naturally for me just 5 months after deciding to call a halt to it all.  I'm now 18 and a half weeks and so far, so good *touches wood* :)

EDIT: I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy little girl on 2.11.2013,  so all's well that ends well. :)

...and here I am again. :)

Level of amh: No idea but it was 2.49 when I was 36 so it's bound to be a lot less now!

I'm currently 16 weeks pregnant with my second natural conception. 

I was told before I'd even had my first treatment 5 years ago not to bother with my own eggs and to move straight to donor.  I didn't listen.

My gorgeous son was born healthy and happy on 30 April 2016.  :)

...and once more!

I've only just found out I'm pregnant, so it's still VERY early days (haven't actually missed my period yet but I've done an FRER which had a clear line, and a CB Digital that said 'Pregnant 1-2 weeks').  It's nearly 10 years after I was told I'd need a donor due to my low AMH. 

Level of amh: No idea but it was 2.49 when I was 36 so it's bound to be a lot less now!

Offline Rillischen

modify
    « Reply #155 on: 8/12/18, 15:50 »
    Wow what a lovely inspiring uplifting thread! Somehow I never came across it before. Hope to be able to add my own story soon. Thank you to all of you who took the time to share  :) XXX

Offline Sisi172

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #156 on: 2/02/19, 20:23 »
    Hi,
    I am 33 (31 during cycle)
    My amh was 5.7
    And I had long protocol (buserelin and 450 menopur)
    Was slow responder, 13 days of stimms and they managed to get 5 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 put back on day two 4A, no frosties but I have 18 month old daughter.

Second time age 33
    AMH 3.2
    Long protocol (gonapeptylu and fostimon +menopur 300)
    Had 3 follicles, one mature, one empty and one immature.
    Fertilised, put back on day three 8A. Chemical pregnancy.

Now I will try again, natural modified in march with only 150 bemfola.

Offline WarriorBaby

modify
    « Reply #157 on: 2/02/19, 21:27 »
    Wish I'd read this thread when I started TTC! My AMH was 2.0 at age 34, then went down to 1.6.

1st & 2nd round we're horrendous (ie: 3 eggs, no blasts on 1st round, bad quality). Was told to consider DE but gave it one last go, 3rd time lucky:

AMH : 1.6, FSH : 9.9, AFC : 8, Eggs collected : 6 (5 fertilised)
    3 blasts, 2 transferred - BFP!
    Short Protocol, 450 Gonal F, Lubion, asprin, acupuncture and embryo glue

Natural Miracle ✨

Another miracle - still early stages (8w today) but a miracle ✨

Low AMH does not always mean bad quality eggs like I was lead to believe - good luck to everyone TTC X