* Author Topic: Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?  (Read 66305 times)

0 Members

Offline jemmarky

• Un-Ranked
modify
Re: Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?
« Reply #40 on: 23/04/13, 21:03 »
thanks journey99 thats such fab news to hear it puts your mind at rest when you hear news :) like that. xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Journey99

• Gold Member
    • I'm not fat...I'm "fibroidous"
    modify
    « Reply #41 on: 24/04/13, 05:26 »
    Jemmarky - I believe staying positive helps immensely, although at times it's hard.

Offline against the odds

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 24/04/13, 08:58 »
    First post on here but i used to look for stories of hope whilst going through my treatment so its only right i give something back. Journey started in 2007 with a successful vasectomy reversal then partner had a heart attack. Later found out reversal had reversed back so tried ivf in 2011. I have endo too. Cycle 1 failed and cycle 2 i did not respond to drugs at all. I had to have a cyst aspirated after cycle 1. Found out Jan 2012 my ovarian reserve had basically diminished, my amh was <0.5, given 1% chance of success with own eggs. Donor eggs or quit were the other options. We went with the 1% chance and my 4 month old son is now sitting in his bouncer. Against the odds i produced 4 eggs and all were viable and i had two grade A text book embryos transferred. Hope this gives hope to anyone in the same situation.

Offline sallyliz

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 26/04/13, 13:38 »
    Finally feeling brave enough to post on here... I'm currently 12w4d pregnant with a singleton following our second round of IVF. Still feeling nervous but all looking good at 12 week scan so praying for a healthy baby in October/November!

Age 32

Level of amh 0.7 - very very low. Told there was a less than 5% chance of us conceiving through IVF.

Number of afc  - 3

Number of eggs at ec - 4

Number of treatments - 2 cycles of IVF. Ist got 2 eggs, second cycle got 4 eggs.

Dose of drug and long or short protocol - Short protocol, 300 gonal F increased to 450 because on day 6 of stimms I had no follicles at all. Cetrotide from day 5 plus ovitrelle trigger. Also taking prednisolone 25mg from before EC for raised NK cells plus clexane from EC for MTHFR gene mutation (blood clotting issue).

Ended up with 4 follicles, 4 eggs, all fertilised. Had 2 embryos put back - an 8 cell and a 7 cell both grade 2. None to freeze.

Other useful info: I took DHEA for about 6 months before treatment (75mg) as well as loads of other vitamins (vitamin B complex, vitamin D, a multivitamin, Omega 3, L'Arginine, folic acid). Also drank vast amounts of milk and ate protein high foods such as yoghurt and chicken. Had accupuncture on my first round of IVF and didn't bother with it on the 2nd round - I guess it didn't make a difference for me!

Good luck anyone reading this. There is always hope. xxx

Offline jemmarky

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #44 on: 28/04/13, 21:13 »
    thank you all for your stories and support it gives me alot of hope. go on the 16th of may for my down reg appointment going to think totally positive thoughts after everything you have all told me thank you journey99,against all odds,and sallyliz. wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy sallyliz
    xxx :)

Offline Popeye1

modify
    « Reply #45 on: 4/05/13, 10:55 »
    I had a missed miscarriage at 8 wks in November 2012.
    Just found out my AMH is low at 3.23 but IVF has been suggested with high dose of drugs?
    2 different consultants have suggested DHEA so just started taking them, as I will give anything a go.
    Anyone tried the Hewitt Centre? I have no clue which clinic to go with

Thanks and good luck everyone

Offline dalesgirl

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #46 on: 14/05/13, 14:55 »
    Hi

mine is a success story with low AMH

Age 36

Level of amh 1.8

Number of afc 8

Number of eggs at ec
    1st IVF - 8 eggs (short protocol)  - 2 transfered - BFN
    2nd IVF - 15 eggs (long protocol) - 2 transfered - BFP

Number of treatments 2

Anything else you thing is helpful.
    1st cycle - 8 eggs collected and 8 embroyos still going on Day 3 - best 2 transfered. Gutted it was a BFN.
    2nd cycle - 15 eggs collected and 2 embroyo only survived to Day2.  these 2 transfered on day 2. Was sure it wasnt going to work. I got a BFP and have my baby boy upstairs who is 9 weeks old.
    I think you cant tell how a cycle is going to go. I was sure the second cycle would fail as the quality of the embroyos wasnt as good as the first cycle.  in fact I was so sure that I even drank at a big family party 3 days after transfer !!!

I think the main thing is not to get too caught up on these AMH levels - it is only an indication of your fertility and you wont know how your body will respond until you start treatment.

good luck with treatement and hope you get your BFP !

Offline Popeye1

modify
    « Reply #47 on: 18/05/13, 17:53 »
    Was about to start the long Ivf protocol, but period 2 days late and am pregnant naturally !

AMH of only 3.23 so panicking I will miscarry because egg quality is allegedly low plus I have been taking 75mg of DHEA, hoping that wont harm it!

Offline nh2489

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #48 on: 18/05/13, 21:55 »
    Hi here's my story.
    My amh was relatively low at 7.1
    Long protocol with busrelin, merional and gonal f
    Had 12 EC on 1st ivf cycle
    All 12 eggs fertilised
    9 blastocysts
    1 set and 8 frosties
    BFP in march 2013

Ps I'm not sure how much I believe in the amh value as I ended up with severe ohss and was in hosp for 3 weeks and the doctors didn't expect me to get it as its rare if you have low ovarian reserve. Looking at all the positive stories on this thread it's definately not something to get too hung up about as I know I was totally gutted with my result and now I'm 15 weeks pregnant!

Good luck to everyone! Xx

Offline Juste27

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 27/05/13, 13:28 »
    Just posting to say thank you very much for this thread! I feel so much better and more hopeful after reading all of these success stories!

At my very first consultation, I was told that my AMH level was 1.56. In the space of 9months it had lowered to 1.36 and was told that they wouldn't treat us unless it was 2. During this time, my husband had an unsuccessful SSR op and azoospermia was confirmed. At this time my consultant advised me to take DHEA 75mg, and after my own research, I discovered Royal jelly & bee pollen in honey and I take 2 teaspoonful each day. I have taken both of these for a year now, and at my consultation last month, my AMH had risen to 1.9! We are now being given 1 attempt with DS and IVF, even though we are funded for 3 (statistics)? But I do believe this rise is because of the royal jelly and the DHEA. I had suffered terrible rashes and spots, but this is a small price to pay!