* Author Topic: Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?  (Read 66061 times)

0 Members

Offline jules-m

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?
« Reply #30 on: 3/03/13, 22:43 »
Only just found this

Level of amh: 1.7 and fsh 32

Number of afc: 6

Number of eggs at ec: 4

Number of treatments: First time super lucky

Dose of drug and long or short protocol: I was on a long protocol.  I started with 2 sniffs twice a day of synarel for D/R.  Then dropped to 1 sniff twice a day when stimming.  I started on 250 menopur (I think!) I triggered with Ovitrelle.

Fertilisation: all 4 fertilised and 2 made it to blast

ET: 2 embies put back as 5 day blasts. They are asleep next door in their cots.

Good luck

Jules

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline yachtcat

modify
    « Reply #31 on: 7/03/13, 21:27 »
    Thank you all for these positive posts. Really hope I am able to put something similar on one day.
    Did anyone do a short cycle? That's what I've been told I need but I know nothing about it. Sure they know what they're doing...

Am taking DHEA and doing accupuncture so hopefully I'm giving it my best shot. Any ideas welcome.

YC

Offline stelle

modify
    « Reply #32 on: 10/03/13, 10:42 »
    This is a good thread im feeling a bit more  ^reiki^  now after reading x

Offline ladynewt

modify
    « Reply #33 on: 12/03/13, 08:35 »
    I'm 39, 3 year old son.
    miscarriage March 2012 then had fertility tests which showed FSH of 16 and AMH of 1.5. Were advised donor eggs and not even to really attempt IVF as it would be very low chance of success (less than 5%).
    I did a LOT of reading and research and started to take DHEA, self medicated at 75mg per day.
    8 weeks later i got pregnant naturally - miracle baby.
    Sadly this ended in a miscarriage at 8 week scan (even though had strong heartbeat at 7 weeks). I had of course stopped DHEA the second I found out I was pregnant (day 26) so I don't think this is the cause, I think it's just indicative of the problem I have with my eggs being few and poor quality.
    Pretty devastated BUT if it's happened once against the odds, I feel positive it can happen again. Will go back on the DHEA as I do believe that this was part of the reason we conceived.

Offline Snowfallz

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Pregnant with a low amh?
    « Reply #34 on: 13/03/13, 03:58 »
    Hello Ladies--this seems to be a good thread and to the point. I tested at .7 AMH and 9.3 for FSH.  I did get pregnant twice at AMH 1.5 and .8 with two healthy babies. I'm scraping bottom this time and am disappointed that the eggs are so low in count. I'm still trying though for a few good quality. I'm 45 and hope for the best. I'm still responding with 3 follies but it takes much more meds now. I see others have better AMH so you have a good chance.  How are the side effects at higher dosages of Gonal F?  Supposed to increase mine next trial........lots of bloating?

Offline Louie34

modify
    « Reply #35 on: 23/03/13, 10:05 »
    Hi All Just wanted to share our story. We are a same sex couple and my partner was given a 5-10 percent chance of having her own baby as her amh was 1.2 at the age of 35. Two years later after 4 failed iuis we were able to undergo a full Ivf cycle which resulted in out beautiful son who is now 12 weeks old. We were told that the best thing was for her to use donor eggs but we didn't. I can't remember what her afc was but the drug protocol was the long one with buserellin,menopur and gonal f. She went from having one follicle in previous iui treatments to 5 follicles with 5 eggs. They all fertilised and we ended up with 3 embryos. We had two put back. We did do a couple of things that we believe helped. Lots of whole grain food and avocados to help egg quality, relexology and 7 keto DHEA which we heard about on here to help egg quality. I can give you more details on the DHEA if you want them as I kept the bottle to remember. It's a herbal hormone supplement that has had some success in the USA. I just wanted to say please don't give up hope. You can still have your own baby with a low amh. Clinics seem to be very focused on statistics and helping you get a baby but they don't always understand the importance that many of us place on wanting to use our own eggs. I wish you all every success with your treatments and hope our story helps to give you hope. X

Offline Gemma Morgan 666

• longing 4 a family x
    modify
    « Reply #36 on: 23/03/13, 16:07 »
    hi all im not sure what amh means & never been tested 4 it but after reading thought id share - ive had 1 cancelled ivf due 2 low follie only had 3- went 2 iui.
    started again icsi - after 5 & 1/2 weeks dr, n 2 weeks of stimms there was still only 6 follies, went to ec only got 2 eggs - 1 of which was immature - ive just got bfp!! with 1 9 cell grade 1 embie on board. miracles happen.
    just need my embie to keep growing strong - i get scared as i lost at 8 weeks last time.
     good luck all xx

Offline BexB

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #37 on: 19/04/13, 19:12 »
    My god, this thread is amazing. I'm so pleased that it was created and that I found it.

I've just found out that my AMH level is 1.0 pmol/P (pre-treatment) and I got into a terrible state about it. If it isn't all hard enough any way...

This thread however,  has managed to calm me down and boost my optimism levels some what. So fingers crossed for the future.

Good luck everyone!

B xx

Offline jemmarky

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #38 on: 22/04/13, 21:43 »
    its such a relief to read the post and know they can be a happy endings for low amh mine was 4.89 my husband has low sperm count so it did not give us  much hope but i will always think postive.we will be starting icsi very soon waiting for my monthly cycle to start and the journey will begin. :)

good luck all  :)

Offline Journey99

• Gold Member
    • I'm not fat...I'm "fibroidous"
    modify
    « Reply #39 on: 23/04/13, 10:37 »
    Jemmarky - My AMH was 4 and I got 17 eggs! DH had poor morophology. He started taking Wellman Conception prior to IVF and by EC they said it improved enough to avoid ICSI. He was on them just over 6 months. Good luck x