* Author Topic: Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?  (Read 66008 times)

0 Members

Offline monkeytree

modify
Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?
« Reply #70 on: 3/01/14, 23:38 »
Hi

High FSH 23, low AMH 3.2, AFC approx 5, age 39.  I now have a 3 month old baby girl (without treatment). 

I followed high alkaline diet, took supplements including dhea (micronized), vit D, took up meditation and more walking.  Of course follow doctors orders before attempting supplements mentioned above as it could be detrimental if you already have high levels.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ToughCookie

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 3/01/14, 23:58 »
    Hi Babybell33 reading your post below really touched a cord with me as my husband and I initially started ICSI due to DH having poor sperm motility then a few tests in it also transpired that I had low AMH.

We've just finished our 2nd course of treatment which also resulted in BFN. For both NHS cycles I was on the long protocol with Menopur (5 ampules then going down to 4 in my last cycle). However, on both cycles I have only managed to get to eggs for collection. On my 1st cycle 1 from each side but only had 4 follicles on baseline scan. On my last cycle I had 4-5 follicles on left side and 1-2 on the other but only 2 eggs from from the left side actually matured. On each cycle only 1 of the eggs fertilised satisfactorily but they were Grade A. I had a 2 day transfer on my 1st cycle and a 3 day transfer on my last cycle.

Pre-treatment: DHEA 75mg

I really don't want to give up trying without DE yet but realistically can probably only afford 1 attempt privately.

Reading the other posts some women appear to have had success once changed to the short protocol and using Gonal F so i'd like to perhaps try that.

I'm also thinking of trying acupuncture to 'kick start' my ovaries - has this actually had any positive impact on anyone, i'd be intrigued to know.

I'm considering the CARE Fertility center(s), they have good success rates and there is a unit not too far away from me (I live in the NW). I have also seen posts on the forum for AGRC but I'd also be interested in other center's where people are happy to recommend.

Monkeytree - that is such a fab story. Congratulations, think I'll google. the alkaline diet

Offline Babybell33

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #72 on: 4/01/14, 00:10 »
    Hi ToughCookie,
    I was also on long protocol, d/r for 3 weeks on synarel, then on 375 gonal f. It doesn't seen to make sense to spend so long switching everything off as clearly my ovaries have trouble getting started again! So I'm also going to ask about the short protocol and whether there's anything I can take post et to assist with implantation.

Let me know how you get on and good luck!!

X

Offline ToughCookie

modify
    « Reply #73 on: 4/01/14, 00:31 »
    Babybell33, I'll let you know what the consultant says when I meet up with them

Offline Sidd

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #74 on: 4/01/14, 01:31 »
    Hello ladies I've never posted on this thread, but wanted to just pass on some positivity.
    Dh and I were trying for 2.5 years, then he was diagnosed with klinefeltsers syndrome and so we're told our chances of conceiving we're very low. After 3 failed IUI attempts we were told that my AMH was now below 1...(was 35 yrs old) this was the worst news..
    Decided to change clinics and go the ivf route via The Priory on short protocol. My response rate to drugs was very slow but they found 3 follicles which contained 3 eggs to which all fertilised. 2 embryos were put back in, and now by the Grace of God am almost 13 wks pregnant.
    Please don't lose hope, it really can happen. I would always recommend The Priory as they were realistic but amazing!
    Sending positive thoughts and warm hugs x

Offline lovekalkan

modify
    « Reply #75 on: 5/01/14, 12:52 »
    Hi ladies

I am in the same boat and the have the same story as you babybell  :'(. Very low amh, long protocol and highest stims and only one egg which failed to fertilise via icsi. Wondering what to do now and we are considering treatment abroad due to costs. Reading other stories does give me hope as I don't want to go down the donor egg route just yet. Next time I'm definatly going to try mild ivf so would be interested in hearing other peoples stories xx

Offline maire2012

modify
    « Reply #76 on: 6/01/14, 17:46 »
    Lovekalkan,

so sorry to hear about what you have gone through. I have had failed fertilisation on at least 3 cycles and each cycle was icsi. I have gotten the poor egg quality speech, but then someone else who was at the same clinic had exactly the same situation as me. I honestly don,t know if the clinics do really know what causes this.

Maire

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    • “For this Child I Have Prayed” I Samuel 1:27
    modify
    « Reply #77 on: 26/01/14, 23:10 »
    Hi everyone

Here is my story, I should have posted earlier but just seen the post requesting for successful story. My story is different to everyone else. I had a failed ivf , I responded poorly producing 1 follicle size 15 mm. I was told to stop ans was given pregnyl to ovulate that egg. I honestly thought this was the end, the clinic (care) didn't give me much hope and told me to come back again this time with a higher dosage (450ml) prior to 300 ml menopur. I couldn't go back and said to DH " I don't think I can inject myself again with higher dosages" I didn't have confidence in the clinic.

Age 34 ( age of having treatment )

Level of amh - they didn't do it under the NHS

Number of afc. 15 ( was told I had a good pair of ovaries?? ) I think he was trying to be nice, but it didn't give me any hope. You know how it feels, if it doesn't feel right it probably is not.

Number of eggs at ec none, it was cancelled , my world felt apart. I came home driving and crying.

Number of treatments one  ivf follows by IUI using donor sperm.

Dose of drug and long or short protocol IVF  Buserelin , menopur (300) and 10000 ml pregnyl. Never felt so miserable taking this amount if drugs :(

IUI using donor sperm , clomid (100) , Puregon 0.50 and 5000 pregnyl. I honestly was in shock when they told me I produced 3 follicles.

My story is unique but also like many ladies here I was given little hope of having my own children and that ivf nor IUI will not work for us. A lot of emotions when I do think back about how little care they provided for us.

I had treatment in Denmark and it was the most wonderful experience, I also will recommend exploring abroad for treatment, they were more helpful and had time to talk to you , even the receptionist was knowledgable about the treatment.

All the best, hope xx

Offline TryMeditate

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #78 on: 9/03/14, 11:45 »
    Hi, what a great idea. Sorry for not posting sooner but I only found this thread now. You can see my story from my signature. Amh 0.1, high FSH, diagnosed pof. Very healthy lifestyle plus dhea. I had zero response to ivf.

You should also look at the miracle stories for the low days thread for other stories. Good luck and baby dust to you all. Xxxx

Offline ladynewt

modify
    « Reply #79 on: 10/03/14, 14:44 »
    wow that's amazing TryMeditate, congrats! fab story.

i've just done IVF (ICSI), responded with only ONE ovary and got 5 eggs, 2 embryos but very sadly BFN. was on very high stims.

not sure now whether to try a natural IVF round or consider move to donor eggs (this is a huge decision as we are fortunate enough to already have a 4 year old son). Hence being so torn re donor eggs and naturally worried i'll not feel the same about a donor egg baby as i did my own.

ah for a crystal ball to know what the future holds....