* Author Topic: Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?  (Read 66060 times)

0 Members

Offline nippo

• Gold Member
  • Proud Mummy to twin girls
modify
Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?
« Reply #90 on: 29/04/14, 20:26 »
Exactly!

Congratulations weebear! Another person whose 'indicator' didn't really indicate much!

I also over responded and they cancelled my cycle. But they still cancelled my treatment because my FSH was through the roof.

Just keep positive, try very hard to be healthy (if you can lose some of the weight, it really does help) and don't give up until you're ready - not when somebody makes you.
X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 29/04/14, 20:50 »
    Big congratulations weebear,
    Am so grateful for your storys, I will definately be trying ivf, but it may not be on the nhs so will also start saving up. Me and partner are just oing to carry on with our ovulation sticks and take sometime out of our usual regime and just relax and enjoy things for a while. Its been a long 8 yrs to suddenly hit this wall. But am sure a break away and dome relaxing will help.
     Once again thankyou ladies x x x

Offline NicL

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 20/05/14, 08:50 »
    Hi

Just wanted to post my story - was too superstitious before now! I am now the proud mummy to a beautiful 7 week old girl. I was diagnosed with low egg reserve over 2 years ago. Amh was 5.6. By the time i cycles over a year later i am sure it will have been lower.

I did long protocol. 375 of menapur, down reg with buserilin. I got 11 eggs, 9 mature, 7 fertilized. 2 day 3 embies put back. No frosties.

So low amh is not game over. Good luck to all x

Offline t76

modify
    « Reply #93 on: 24/06/14, 14:52 »
    Hi Ladies,
    I haven't read all of your posts as there's loads! But just wanted to say thank you for the positivity.
    I have found out today that my amh level is 2.43pmol/L, my dh has good sperm amount but only 2% healthy. What advice do you have?
     We are funding our own cycle but both feeling really down at the moment, any advice will be gratefully received. Do any of you have success with a similar situation? Xx

Offline hollywood130

modify
    « Reply #94 on: 25/06/14, 20:09 »
    Really is great hearing all the success stories, I found out today my AMH is 4.5, I'm on my last round of IVF before going onto IVF, praying for a bfp

Offline Natsky

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #95 on: 19/07/14, 18:03 »
    Hi All,

I just wanted to share my experience with you.  I was diagnosed with low amh (5 I think) about 2 years ago.  After going to a fertility nutritionist and following a high nutrient diet together with DHEA, soya milk and lots of other supplements my amh came back as 15.  People said it was impossible to reverse your ovarian reserve levels, but I was hoping that maybe we did it.  However going through ivf again my response was very slow.  After a week of stimulation there was little progress and I was moved up to 375 of Purogon.  We were very lucky to get 6 eggs, which is only 1 more than we got before the diet.  We don't know how they will do yet and fingers crossed. 

Offline Weebear

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #96 on: 20/07/14, 14:26 »
    Good luck natsky xx

Offline BettyMax

modify
    « Reply #97 on: 20/07/14, 14:40 »
    good luck all of you

I was told to give up and go for donor eggs as my AMH at 33 was 0.6. We started our enquiries and then found out that we were pregnant naturally. Our baby boy is now 3 months old. Don't give up!

Offline Jeremiah29:11

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #98 on: 26/07/14, 18:42 »
    Thank you for this thread.

I found out today my AMH is 3.7  :(

Good to hear all the success stories.  Has really lifted my mood.

Praying for a BFP for all that need it!

Offline Linz53721

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 5/08/14, 01:51 »
    Hello Ladies,

I was a lurker on these boards during my ivf treatment, but was always too frightened to post. As I now have a beautiful four month old boy as a result of ivf at ARGC, I want to share my success story for anyone else found to have an extremely low AMH. It doesn't mean that you can't have success.

Age - 34 at time of ivf

Level of amh - 2.1 at its lowest (it had been 11 only 8 months before). I had them retest me after the 2.1 result to make sure it wasn't a mistake. It wasn't, unfortunately.

Number of afc - 18 in 2012, then only 8 or so in 2013

Number of eggs at ec - 8 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilised, 2 blasts transferred, none to freeze

Number of treatments - 2 IUIs (1 BFN and 1 BFP that resulted in a miscarriage) then 1 ivf (successful)

Dose of drug and long or short protocol - short protocol at ARGC, max dose drugs for the first few days (600 fostimon), then a combination of fostimon and merional at declining dosages.

I was shocked when my AMH came back at 2.1, after having it tested not even a year before. Medical professionals had no explanation for how this sudden decline could happen. We want to have a second baby, so I have just been to have my AMH retested, and am frightened that it has declined further in the year and a half since I last had it tested. At least I know from experience that AMH is not everything, and that we can have success even if our AMH is extremely low. I should get my result next week, but I am not sure I even want to know.

In addition to pursuing IVF at ARGC, I saw a fertility nutritionist (Melanie Brown) and revamped my diet, quit my job, which involved a long and stressful commute, and generally overhauled my life in order to reduce my stress and get as healthy as possible. I have no idea whether those changes made a difference, but I am sure that they helped a bit in making sure I had at least one good egg in the batch.

I wish all of you reading this much success.