* Author Topic: Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?  (Read 65988 times)

0 Members

Offline pinkpantha

modify
Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?
« Reply #100 on: 23/08/14, 14:27 »
More positive news for you...

See my profile at the bottom. Was 32 when I started am now 35 and gave a 3 month old. My amh is probably in my boots but as you can see it's not totally reliable and we as women can still have our own kids..remember it only takes one egg!

Good luck xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Sidd

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #101 on: 23/08/14, 23:04 »
    Congratulations on your news pinkpantha 😊 that's amazing news..I'm really happy for you 🌹 it really does only take one hey..so happy for you
    My AMH was at 1 last year and we conceived through our 1st ivf but sadly our little Isaac went to heaven...
    2nd time around I'm almost at egg collection day (next Tuesday) but unfortunately my AMH is even lower this year 😕 send me some of your good luck 😛
    Sending hugs and prayers..congrats again x

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #102 on: 1/12/14, 22:41 »
    This thread's been quiet for awhile, but I got a lot of comfort from reading it in the past and now I want to add the stats for my own BFP!

AMH: 1.8 pmol/L

Highest FSH: 14.9 mIU/mL

Antral follicle count: 4 on successful cycle (usually about 3)

Number of mature follicles: 3 on successful cycle, all on left ovary (the difficult one to reach for EC)

Number of eggs collected: 1 on successful cycle

Number of treatments: 3 IVF cycles, see signature

Protocol for successful cycle: I think this is sometimes called "flare" protocol -- 3 weeks on hormonal BC, start Synarel when coming off BC (CD1 of period started on 4th day of Synarel), start Gonal-F 300 iu/day on CD 3, stimmed 13 days

Day of transfer: Day 2 embryo

I think the number of days of stims required for the previous long protocol cycle (18 days!) didn't help my egg quality, and the Buserelin made my lining a lot thinner than normal, which I don't think helped implantation. Am very thankful I got one lucky egg this time.

Please please let this one stick.... ^pray^

Offline Weebear

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #103 on: 3/12/14, 08:04 »
    Good luck crazy horse, hope it sticks. I had a 2 days transfer after getting 12 eggs (only one of which fertilised). I think 2 day transfer is actually a really good thing. Xx

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #104 on: 3/12/14, 09:01 »
    Thank you, Weebear! I actually agree -- also, I wonder if having only the one embie on board helped, by giving my body only one set of foreign DNA to react to. Pee sticks still getting darker, so am hopeful.

Offline Fizzybee

modify
    « Reply #105 on: 3/12/14, 19:31 »
    Congratulations crazyhorse and fingers crossed for you. Just adding my definite yes for a 2 day transfer. Worked for me twice. As my consultant said if theres only one or two they are best of snuggled in safe and warm where they are meant to be x

Offline ToughCookie

modify
    « Reply #106 on: 26/12/14, 15:39 »
    @Crazyhorse that is really good news and encouraging. Do you mind me asking which clinic you used?

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #107 on: 26/12/14, 15:58 »
    ToughCookie, I used IVF Scotland. Sadly, they are closing at the end of February and will not be taking any new patients. However, their doctors also work at the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary Assisted Conception Unit. I mostly saw Dr. Thong, who is the IVF Scotland clinic head, and who is the consultant in charge at the ERI ACU, and have generally been quite happy with him. I believe ERI is currently accepting private patients with no waiting list. 

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #108 on: 26/12/14, 16:00 »
    I didn't post to this thread before but maybe better late than never

AMH at May 2012: 0.07

3rd tx in April 2013 successful - modified natural with low dose stims (150 iu menopur) added from cd5 (I think) when 2nd follie seen. Was 2 day transfer as only one fertilised egg. I've never responded well or had anything other than 2d transfers.

DS born 30/12/13 we've just had our magical first Christmas.

High stims didn't work for me. My worst response was on my high stim attempt which at all monitoring u/s looked promising with 4-6 follies but no eggs collected at EC.

I took DHEA, co-q10, high dose vit d, veggie omega 3. I did acupuncture in run up to tx1 and 3.

I feel like we won the lottery. We had low expectations but decided to have a couple of goes at natural IVF before moving DE. V low odds but we got lucky.

Hope everyone reading gets their dream too. Crazy horse - fingers crossed x

Offline muddy paws

modify
    « Reply #109 on: 10/03/15, 20:56 »
    Just adding my details from current BFP to this:

Age 37

Level of AMH 3.29 pmol. FSH between 4 and 10

Number of AFC 6

Number of eggs at EC - did 2 freeze all cycles got 8 eggs on first and 13 eggs on second. BFP came from blastocyst from my second frozen cycle.

Number of treatments - one treatment but that included 2 egg collections as was doing freeze all / embryo banking

Dose of drug and long or short protocol - short protocol with noresthisterone during prep cycle. Then for stimms I had 225 of Fostimon and 225 of Merional every day and zomacton (growth hormone) every other day. Stimmed for 9 days.

Anything else you thing is helpful - took DHEA ( had been taking for 6 weeks before first cycle and 4 months before second cycle when I got double the embryos) and saw a nutritionist. Had been on all organic diet and supplements for over 3 months before egg collections. Took COQ10, omega 3,6,9, vitamin D, resveratrol, cordyceps, bee pollen and royal jelly all for 3 months prior to cycle.