* Author Topic: Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?  (Read 65970 times)

0 Members

Offline Weebear

• Gold Member
modify
Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?
« Reply #110 on: 3/09/15, 07:23 »
Not bfp but so e AMH dele elopement. Cycling for number two. My AMH three years ago at 33 was under 4 which the clinic consider so bad the dint give an exact reading. Today at 36 it's now 4.8.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hope11978

modify
    « Reply #111 on: 9/09/15, 19:02 »
    Hi all
    I am new to this!  have been searching on different forums for a long time but now feel the time is right to eventually post!
    I had a failed ICSI cycle last week.  My AMH is 6.9 and FSH 9.6 I am 37 years of age.
    I am being treated at the Chaucer hospital in Kent.  The consultant said it is unlikely for me to conceive naturally 2-4% a month and with ICSI 20% chance but due to only having one egg at egg collection which thankfully fertilised - BFN he said not likely.  I was on a short flare and the maximum meds.  I am waiting for a new consultant to start as the current one is leaving so no date on next ICSI as yet.
    I am also looking for hope from others at the moment, I am so worried I will never have a baby  :-\.  I have had no pregnancies.  I have a counselling session booked for next week so I can get it all off my chest!
    So anyone with any advice please post - there are lots of us that need your wonderful stories to help us to be positive and so we can believe that  it can happen  :)  Good luck to you all in your cycles x

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #112 on: 9/09/15, 20:11 »
    Hi, Hope, I'm sorry about your BFN.  :(  If it makes you feel better, I am 29 weeks pregnant with my own eggs at 41, and my AMH is 1.8 and my FSH around 12. You can see a brief version of my history in my signature. I was pregnant previously (for the 1st time ever) in January, which sadly ended in miscarriage, but the current pregnancy seems like it will go the distance. One thing I would say is, do not assume that, because you got only one egg from maximum stims, that is as many eggs as you can ever get. Not all women respond well to high stim dosages, especially not all older women with low AMH. It's also not uncommon to get a dominant follicle or two on short protocol that sucks up all the stims and keeps the other smaller follicles from developing. Personally, I got more eggs on mild protocol (2.5 mg letrozole twice / day plus 75 iu Menopur / day) than I did on any previous protocols, which were all 300 iu Gonal F / day. Unfortunately, there's some trial and error involved in finding what works for you. Don't give up, and don't be afraid to change clinic if you feel they just want to do the same thing over and over again, or don't take your concerns seriously.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^
    Wishing you lots of luck!  ^reiki^

Offline Hope11978

modify
    « Reply #113 on: 9/09/15, 20:37 »
    Hi Crazyhorse

Thanks for taking the time to responding  :) sorry to hear your sad news from January   ^hugme^ x
    Congratulations on your pregnancy, that's amazing news and so deserved :) how exciting! ;D

My consultant said he would advise short protocol again but he said some may argue try something different and do the long one but we are unsure as to what to do, it's all so confusing  :-[ sure we will figure it out with research, but like you say it does depend on the individual.

You have made me feel that it can happen and thank you for that.. need to pick myself up and get back to my normal positive self!  :) x

Offline Weebear

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #114 on: 9/09/15, 20:55 »
    Hope, can you change protocol to long? I have v low AMH at 36 so show it was lower at 33! But I was put of highest protocl with was a long process. I had 7 follicles at the scan when starting meds, ended up with 12 eggs. Only one fertilised and he's now 15 months! Even though people say it, it really does only take one.

Offline Hope11978

modify
    « Reply #115 on: 9/09/15, 21:53 »
    Hi Weebear

Yes I can change to long protocol, consultant said he doesn't feel it will be a better result but if we want to we can go on for it.  It would be the highest dosage again. We are thinking we may as well give it a go as we wont know unless we try!
    Interesting to see you had low AMH completed long protocol and ended up with 12 eggs - good response  :) we only had the one egg and it did fertilise so we both ended up in the same situation with only the one fertilised, so I agree it only takes one.. nurses kept saying this when I was going for scans and you are proof of this  ;D  If I could get to egg collection and produced more eggs that would be great, we are scared we will end up with none next time!  Congratulations on your little one  :) I hope I can write on here in the not to distance future with good news too... thanks for your reply it's much appreciated and so nice to discuss with others that truly understand x

Offline Weebear

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #116 on: 10/09/15, 08:26 »
    Hope, I'm sure you'll get there.  The AMH seems to be a hit or a miss for some people. Quite annoying when you're in your 30s! Your AMH is actually much better than mine. You'd have expected a number of eggs closer to 6 where your AMH is. Have you been recommended to try DHEA? You need to get it from the us via amazon. It's supposed to, but not proven, incorease egg quality. I took it three months prior to ivf. It was the private clinic here that recommended it as NHs don't.

Offline Hope11978

modify
    « Reply #117 on: 10/09/15, 21:43 »
    Hi Weebear

I actually spent last night looking at DHEA and wad wondering whether to give it a go and where to get it from so you have helped me make my decision.. anything is worth a try!

Did you take 25mg 3 times a day? 

Also seems to be a lot of people taking Coq 10, did you try this also?

Offline Weebear

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #118 on: 10/09/15, 21:54 »
    I can't really remember tbh. It was high dose of DHEA but can't remember sorry x

Offline Hope11978

modify
    « Reply #119 on: 10/09/15, 22:48 »
    I can look it up on here and go with the majority.. thanks for your help   :)