* Author Topic: Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?  (Read 65924 times)

0 Members

Offline whiteice23

modify
Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?
« Reply #120 on: 18/09/15, 11:31 »
Hi everyone,

Just to give some hope to others in a similar boat - my AMH is 4.6 I am 33 with less then one ovary. We weren't predicted much but we were advised it was a now or never time for us to try and my body wasn't showing signs of slowing down with all the cysts and tumours so we went private through Bradford and Leeds at Seacroft ... we were predicted 3-4 eggs at EC, we got 8! 6 fertilised and 5 made it to blasto stage - we have 2 in the freezer and 1 currently with us at 6.2 weeks with a HB seen today. So don't give up, my body has surprised everyone I think - so always keep the faith as you just never know!

Hugs to everyone and stay strong. ^reiki^  ^pray^ ^hugme^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hope11978

modify
    « Reply #121 on: 18/09/15, 17:18 »
    Hi Whiteice23

Congratulations  :)

Wow after reading your history you totally deserve it.. you must have been over the moon today when you heard the HB.

We have just changed clinics and from the Chaucer Canterbury to Chelsfield hospital as no consultant currently in place and we are keen to have a 2nd go!  Hoping we can start mid October.  So far all we have and is negative news and only managed to get one egg last try and we was told we were lucky to even get that!! So quite worried this will happen again, however you have a lower AMH and managed to get 8 so you do give me hope.. thank you ^hugme^

Really wishing you all the best over the 9 months look after yourself x

Offline whiteice23

modify
    « Reply #122 on: 21/09/15, 14:07 »
    Hi Hope,

Im so pleased my story helped you, I know when we were starting this process we frantically searched for stories of hope to keep us motivated through the stressful journey of IVF.

I was taking feroglobin for 3 months previously and I was eating plenty of avocado and protein based foods, but I still had wine and chocolate too when I wanted it and took a holiday too!

I hope it works for you and I wish you lots of luck  ^reiki^ ^hugme^ ^pray^ xxxx

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #123 on: 22/09/15, 09:53 »
    So glad ive found this thread!
    bookmarking

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #124 on: 22/10/15, 09:42 »
    I'm still only halfway through my pregnancy but I will post so that the information is here for others anyway:

Level of amh: 2.49

Number of afc: N/A

Number of eggs at ec: N/A

Number of treatments: See signature

Dose of drug and long or short protocol: N/A

I thought I'd post my details to give hope to others - although I hope I don't manage to do the opposite!  After being told several years ago that I would need to use donor eggs due to my low AMH, I went on to have several cycles using my own eggs resulting in extremely good embryos and I even currently have two frozen. However, unfortunately the pressure and stress of treatment got to me and I decided to call it a day in September 2012.

In February this year I decided to move ahead with my surrogate.  I was down regging (short) to get ready to start treatment in order to get embryos in March.  I had to wait for AF to come so I could start stimms - AF never arrived so I did a test (thinking: 'Oh yes - chortle chortle - as if') and it came up straight away saying 'pregnant'.  So after all the heartache and trauma, it happened naturally for me just 5 months after deciding to call a halt to it all.  I'm now 18 and a half weeks and so far, so good *touches wood* :)

EDIT: I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy little girl on 2.11.2013,  so all's well that ends well. :)

...and here I am again. :)

Level of amh: No idea but it was 2.49 when I was 36 so it's bound to be a lot less now!

Number of afc: N/A

Number of eggs at ec: N/A

Number of treatments: See signature

Dose of drug and long or short protocol: N/A

I'm currently 16 weeks pregnant with my second natural conception. 

I was told before I'd even had my first treatment 5 years ago not to bother with my own eggs and to move straight to donor.  I didn't listen.

Offline Puddy tat

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #125 on: 22/10/15, 17:23 »
    Hi Mandypandy, that's fantastic news. Congratulations on your (2nd!!) pregnancy.

Can I ask if you also have high FSH as well as low AMH?

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #126 on: 23/10/15, 05:26 »
    Hi Mandypandy, that's fantastic news. Congratulations on your (2nd!!) pregnancy.

Can I ask if you also have high FSH as well as low AMH?

Thank you!

I know that when I last had my FSH tested (when I cycled with ARGC around May 2011 - when I was 36) I think my FSH was around 10 or 11 so it is bound to be WAY higher now (I turn 41 next month)

Offline sallyliz

modify
    « Reply #127 on: 23/10/15, 09:50 »
    Unfortunately this doesn't have a happy ending, but after getting pregnant with an AMH of 0.7p/mol after IVF in 2013 and having a healthy baby boy, we have just had a surprise natural BFP - even though surely my AMH must be about 0 by now.

Sadly I have miscarried, but it shows you can get pregnant naturally with a very very very low AMH.

Offline L21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #128 on: 2/12/15, 10:07 »
    Hi all,

I last had my AMH tested in 2010 and it was 5.94, I had IUI with donor sperm and had my daughter in 2013. I've been trying to have another baby, but had two miscarriages. My FSH is 13.9. Am guessing my AMH is a lot lower now!

Congrats Mandypandy!

x

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #129 on: 4/12/15, 19:36 »
    Hi everyone.  I think I have remembered my results correctly but most recent FHS was 14.5 and AMH 1.1

The NHS wouldn't treat us and a private clinic said we had less than 1% chance of success.

We went ahead anyway with ICSI at Oxford in October and Im currently just over 6 weeks pregnant.  I am very shocked and thankful but also very nervous incase I miss carry or maybe already have and didn't realise. 

I've got an eight week scan on 16/12 so if that goes well I'll relax by about 5% lol.  It's either going to be the best or worst Christmas ever.

But that said overall I feel much more positive about my chances and if we need to give it another go we will.  Which is a very different place to where I was in March when I got my diagnosis.  Dark times. 

Everything crossed for everyone on this thread and congrants to all the BFP's