* Author Topic: Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?  (Read 65960 times)

0 Members

Offline Clare Marie

• Un-Ranked
modify
Feedback - Pregnant with a low amh?
« Reply #140 on: 18/10/16, 16:29 »
Congratulations to all those who got pregnant and lots of luck to those still trying. Just wanted to add my story:
Amh:? Wasn't measured but would be v low!
Fsh: 10.8
Afc: 2 on baseline . Only 1 grew
Eggs: 1
Protocol: long, with max stims, think it was 6 vials of merionol a day

This resulted in my son. I did acupuncture, no alcohol for 3 months, no caffeine.
Even though we 'won the lottery', I'm about to try again. We've been warned there's only a 1% chance, like last time, but I'm hoping dhea will give me a boost.
Sending love to everyone on this tough journey x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline AppleTwig

modify
    « Reply #141 on: 18/10/16, 21:52 »
    Wow Clare Marie that's an amazing story. When do you start?

Offline rooftop

modify
    « Reply #142 on: 18/10/16, 22:06 »
    HI all
    Just saw this thread and thought I'd add to it.  I remember searching non-stop for positive stories about those with low AMH.

When I started treatment these were my markers:
    Age 33
    AMH: 2.5
    AFC:  7
    FSH:  around 11

Immune treatment:  (humira, intralipids, IVIG - until week 24)

Ist IVF:  7 follicles, 4 fertilised.  2 x 3day 8 cell transferred.
    None frozen.

Currently 40 weeks and 2 days pregnant.

So although I had none to freeze and I think I'm probably incredibly lucky, my AMH and FSH were not great, especially at a young age.
    And yet here I am.

Hope this offers some positive thoughts.
    X

Offline Clare Marie

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #143 on: 21/10/16, 06:21 »
    Thanks Appletwig! I'm starting again next month. My son is only 6 months old but it's now or never really, have been having perimenopausal symptoms (hot flushes, v short af, no LH surges) for nearly 3 years so haven't got the luxury of time! If this doesn't work I know I'm still extremely lucky to have one child, I'm very aware of that.
    I went back to acupuncture this week and the practitioner has my son's photo on the wall and uses him to give hope to ladies who don't get many eggs. It does only take one egg!
    Good luck everyone!

Offline AppleTwig

modify
    « Reply #144 on: 21/10/16, 12:20 »
    It is a very inspiring story. It took us 9 eggs to have our daughter but that was 3 rounds of ICSI and on the final round only had 2 eggs also on whopping great doses of stimulation.
    We've decided after much thinking not to change to a new clinic and to stick with the guy that gave us our daughter. The plan is 2 rounds of mild stimulation and embryo freezing followed by a transfer of whichever is the best embryo (assuming there is more than one...). We start in Jan most likely which is tricky as I feel the need to start now as every month counts but DH's sperm needs a couple of months of meds first. We could do egg banking starting now but despite our Consultant's reassurances I can't find anything positive online about egg banking compared to embryo banking if you have the option.  ::) So many choices...

Offline Clare Marie

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #145 on: 21/10/16, 18:56 »
    Really wish you the best of luck! Would they freeze the eggs? My consultant did say that egg freezing is difficult because eggs have so much fluid inside they're likely to damage in the process, whereas embryos have much less liquid... that's why so few babies are born from frozen eggs, even though there are all these stories about companies paying for women to freeze eggs etc.

Really hope January comes round quickly for you and you get a good result!  Have you thought about dhea / coq10? Although, again, my consultant reckons there's a new study out that shows it has no affect and just gives women 'false hope' - I'm taking it anyway - happy to have false hope rather than no hope!

Offline AppleTwig

modify
    « Reply #146 on: 24/10/16, 21:49 »
    Yep I'll take any kind of hope  ;D
    I'm taking both of those plus Grapeseed Extract, Omega 3 and Royal Jelly! All recommended by CRGH where we went for a consultation.
    Just started DHEA at weekend and it's the only one i have mixed feelings about due to the reports of side-effects. Only taking 30mg twice a day at the moment and will increase to 70mg a day if I tolerate it (only have 10mg tablets so can't do 75!). Good luck for Nov! Do post on here to say how you get on x

Rooftop congratulations! Have you had your baby now? Those early days passed in a haze for me!

Offline farfallarocks

modify
    « Reply #147 on: 29/12/16, 09:58 »
    I was 34 and had an amh of less than one, fsh of 11/12 and AFC of between 2 and 8.

IVF on max atoms at Argc produced 2 eggs but amazingly a few months later I got a natural bfp. Ds is now one. I think dhea helped in my case. Hope and love to all those ttc xx

Offline BDG

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #148 on: 10/01/17, 15:24 »
    Hi there,

Just wanted to post on here to hopefully add to other good news stories on here. I'm a 39 year old male and my girlfriend is 36, we recently started trying for a baby, seeing as we're not particularly young I thought we should see a fertility clinic at the start rather than wait a year so we did the tests and my girlfriends results came back pretty bad, her AMH is 2.8 pmol with 5 follicles, also she had fibroids and had a fibroid embolization op last year which we're now told isn't a good idea for people wanting to preserve fertility.

Anyway a couple of days after getting this depressing news she got a positive pregnancy test result, which was very surprising as it was only the second month of trying. So maybe it's a one in a million and we've been very very lucky but still show's it can happen. It's early days though (7 weeks in) so a long way to go but I guess it shows that it is the quality of eggs rather than quantity.

So good luck to everyone else trying!

Simon

Offline Gemini40

modify
    « Reply #149 on: 10/01/17, 15:42 »
    40.5 years old. Ttc for 3 years. Amh 2.1 lots of treatment,  failed fertilisation on own egg ivf.  Failed donor egg cycle. Given up. Today 5 weeks pregnant naturally. Never give up hope