Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waiting for Early Scans (2012) - Part 3

72K views 981 replies 82 participants last post by  Stalyvegas 
#1 ·

Waiting for Early Scans (2012) - Part 3
Welcome ladies ^wave^ and congratulations ^afro^

Please post here whilst you are waiting for those all important first scans. Once you have had your early scan please proceed to the BFP threads, these threads are a great way to make the new friends that will join you in your future birth club threads ^goodluck^

***If you would like to be added to the list please highlight in your posts your name, type of treatment and your scan date ;)***

If you need help getting a ticker read HERE but please note which tickers we do not allow on this site ;)

Dont forget to check out our due date and gestation calculator! : HERE

:-* xx B xx :-*

Waiting for Early Scans

[csv=]
Name, Tx, Scan Date, ,

kittycatt, ICSI, 4/9/12, ^baby^ ^baby^
AJ, , 4/9/12, ^angel^ ^hugme^
smileycats, DE IVF, 5/9/12, ^baby^
penni_pencil, ICSI, 5/9/12, ^baby^
Donna82, IVF, 6/9/12, ^baby^
Millyjk, IVF, 6/9/12, ^baby^ ^baby^
marie123, IVF, 7/9/12, ^baby^
lollypop3, IVIG, 9/9/12,
stell, ICSI, 10/9/12, ^baby^ ^baby^
greekgirl, IVF, 11/9/12,
Sunshinequeen, FET, 13/9/12, ^baby^
BlinkButton, IVF, 10/9/12, ^angel^ ^hugme^
Selzi, IVF, 10/9/12,
Pauline83, IVF, ,
wee emma, IVF, 17/9/12, ^baby^ ^angel^ ^hugme^
Artlover, IVF, 17/9/12, ^baby^
lou/s, FET, 18/9/12,
lizzielou79, , 20/9/12,
Mrs.M, ICSI, 21/9/12, ^baby^
Marie22, IVF, 21/9/12,
gaynorann, ICSI, 21/9/12, ^baby^
Arkay, OE IVF, 22/9/12,
hubba_bubba, ICSI, 24/9/12,
dragonlady1380, IVF, 24/9/12,
hopeful68, IVF, 24/9/12,
fabby, IVF, 24/9/12,
Lennylen, IVF, 25/9/12,
Suke M, ICSI, 25/09/12, ^baby^ ^baby^
cosmogirl, IVF,
Swanage, FET, 27/9/12,
wreckbudgie, IVF,
Smiles35, ICSI, 2/10/12,
Jemma Waterfield, ICSI, 21/9/12, ^baby^
Karen55, FET, ,
yellowhope, FET, 24/9/12,
harden77, FET, 4/10/12

[/csv]​

See less See more
#2 ·
Morning everyone, i feel like im on the home stretch,my scan is next tuesday (11th) and im anxious, nervous, looking forward to it, dreading it all the same.

how are you all doing? im fine have developed nausea in the afternoons and a horrid metalic taste in my mouth but other than that its all good. i will be 7 weeks tomorrow, just cant waot to have the scan so i can chill out a bit.

xx

#3 ·
im confused as to how far along i am, the way the drs work it out is ur pregnant from ur last period which is 2 weeks that ur not actually pregnant its stupid. but having had fet i cant go by retrieval date either. i do know that my little embryos were one day fertilized when they were frozen then it was 3 days after defrost i had et. and et was on the 11th august so what i have done is add on to the 2ww the 4 days of fertilization and counted from then making me 4 weeks today. there is so much conflicting info out there and u have to guess which way it is worked out.

#4 ·
I foind the whole dating thing really odd too. i think you add on 2 weeks to conception date whether that be ec or i would go by age of your frozen embaby.

Both books on pregnancy i have borrowed dont even mention the first two weeks they go by week 3 which is when you find out you pregnant, from what i can gather this is when our 2ww ends. one of he books says when talking about the embryo development.... "you are 5 weeks pregnant your baby is 3weeks old"

Hope that makes sense. xx

#5 ·
Morning all,

Hi Dragonlady - yes, I know the dating thing is all a bit wierd. Going by what I reckon I'm 6 weeks 3 days today (4 weeks 3 days from EC) so yes, maybe go from your frozen embie date??

AJ - wishing you so much love and luck for your scan today. I think its good the bleeding has stopped an I hope and pray for some positive news for you today.

Hi Greekgirl - I haven't picked up a book yet - what have you looked at - are they any good??? I had horrid taste right before my bfp, made everything taste "off" to me. Then I went through not being able to eat at hospital cuz of the ohss, to eating everything in sight and now from this weekend, so nauseaus the thought of food turns my stomach but then bizarrely when i eat something for a few minutes I feel OK.

Waiting for my scan later today. DH is coming home from work early to take me.  To say Im nervous is an understatement..... ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Love and thoughts to all

Kit x x x ^cat^ x x x

#6 ·
Hello Everyone, can I join you? Congrats to all on your BFPs :)

I have just got my first BFP after our first IVF/ICSI cycle..I had 2 blasts put back. I am feeling cautiously optimistic and feel so blessed to have made it this far.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you xxx

#7 ·
Hello all, hope you don't mind me dropping in.  I had an early scan today at 5w2d.  I was just desperate to see something and thankfully I saw the gestational sac and yolk sac, so all looking good.  Have another scan booked for the 22nd of September...seems like aaaages away. :)

Congrats to everyone on their BFPs.  ^clapping^

Smileycats and Kittycat - good luck with your scans tomorrow.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

x

#8 ·
BG2007 - Please can I be added to the HOF. ICSI and scan date of 25/09/12

Hello Hubba - Good to see you over here too xx

Kitty - Looking forward to hearing your scan results hun xx

^hello^ to all you other BFP ladies xx

AFM - I caved in and did another test last night as I hadn't felt sick all day. Glad to say that with normal wee (not FMU) the positive line (on my eBay cheapies for those of you that know my story of daily testing) was there instantly. Felt much better knowing that it must be all progressing nicely for that line to show up :)

#9 ·
Kitty - I have everything crossed for you for today's scan, sorry I didn'temtion earlier on a rush ony phone on the train. Hope the gods are smiling on you this time and bless you with perfect scan. Xx

#10 ·
hiyas  :)  hope you're all well?

Thought I'd be brave and stick myself on here. I am 6 weeks today (shocks me just saying it  :eek: ) after IVF and my scan date is the 17th September which feels like years away. I'm dating myself from my last af as that's what someone told me to do.

My nerves are away, I keep waking up in the middle of the night in a panic and I think my poor DH is going to scream soon.

i've bought cheapo tests off a website as I think the only way I can calm myself is if I test anytime my nerve starts to go (which may well end up allll day). I know its nuts but its either that or I have myself in a loony asylum.

#11 ·
Hi wee Emma....

I was told to date 2 weeks back from EC.

Not much longer to wait for your scan although I'll agree the wait is a killer.

I've finally got mine on Thursday after what seems like forever waiting x

#13 ·
HI guys, hope you don't mind me joining you?

I had by BFP on 22 Aug, I was 6 weeks on Monday just gone, I've got my 1st scan tomorrow as I brought it forward due to been worried after 2 previous m/cs (I have been luckily enough inbetween to have a beautiful daughter too)

I have no symptoms at all, is there anyone the same out there? I know symptoms don;t mean anything, but if you do get something at least you know your hormones are on the up LOL x

I've read a few posts of here and wish everyone the best of luck! Blinkbutton, paws and everything are crossed for you!!! Must have been a really rollercoast of emotions for you and still on going! x

Can you add me to the list please?

Penni_Pencil - ICSI - 1st scan 5th Sept

x x x

#14 ·
Hi ladies

Kitty, hope the scan goes well later! xx

Penni_pencil, i also have no symptoms...i really wish that i did! I keep doing HPT just to make sure i haven't dreamt this pregnancy! xxx

#15 ·
Hi All,

penni pencil I dont have symptoms either. I am 7 weeks tomorrow and I am having my scan as well. Sometimes I feel tired and my breasts are a little bit tense but nothing really noticeable. My mum and my sister did not have symptoms either. So I take it as a good sign!!

Donna, we had our BFP on the same day and greekgirl we are both 7 weeks!

Cannot wait for the scan tomorrow. I am trying to be positive. I so much hope to hear both heartbeats!

xxx

#16 ·
Hi to all the new ladies on here...I hope your keeping your head together. Not an easy wait this one xx

Blinkbutton...hope you are doing ok chick? xx

Kitty...how did you get on? I have been keeping everything crossed for you xx

Thanks to everyone for their wishes for my second early scan today at 7 weeks 1 day - what a day!
I woke up with bleeding again and said to DH not to take time off for todays scan, that I will go it alone. After last Tuesday's scan where they pretty much told me it was not a viable pregnancy and a trip to A & E on Saturday for what they called a threatened m/c I have expected the worst.
The lady scanning me was taking her time and said that they dont like to scan for another week as its usually very difficult to see anything. She said I'm not going to be able to give you any answers today. Then after what seemed like ages she said 'We have a live baby here' and turned the screen around and there it was a tiny flicker- the heartbeat  :) I was in tears, she nearly was too. Little bean is 7mm so about a day or possible 2 behind what it should be (though Im a bit sceptical of those 'official' figures).
After 6 miscarriages this is the first time I have actually seen a heartbeat...I cant believe it.
Still a long way to go as there is a bleed adjacent to the sac and I need to have some sort of follow up to that but for now I am one happy lady.

I think its best that I bow out of this thread now and move on as I'm sure nobody wants to read my pregnancy scares any more. Wishing you all loads of luck. It really is a day at a time....thank you for sharing this part of my journey
AJ xx

#17 ·
AJ WOHOO thats great news! All the best to you x x x

#19 ·
AJ - what a wonderful result - so completely delighted for you!! What a moment to see that heartbeat. Congratulations! :) xx

#20 ·
AJ - I'm fine thanks - just had to cancel our holiday to Italy - we were due to go on Sat, and have now booked 3rd scan on Monday 10th, my 40th birthday. Lets hope its the best birthday present ever  ^pray^

Exciting to see lots of new ladies with BFPs.

#22 ·
Oh AJ I am so thrilled for you. What a rollercoaster but you should be so proud of yourself for getting through such a tough time and I am wishing you all the very best for a healthy little bean :)

Blinkbutton - hope that you too get the birthday present you truly deserve.  ^pray^ ^hugme^

Penni pencil, smileycats wishing you all the very best of love for your scans tomorrow. :)

Wee Emma - keep calm honey not long to go, I know the wait feels like forever. :)

Hi Arkay and Hubba Bu8bba - hope you are both OK and holding out on the wait :)

Donna - not long for you now honey :)

Greekgirl - only a week for you too - keep strong :)

Suke - how you doing hun? Don't worry about not feeling sick for a while - I'm sure it will be back!! Mine comes in waves with headaches!

afm - well what a scan, just amazing!! 2 perfect little heartbeats flickering away in their sepaprate sacs! Just perfect! So it is twins for us!! Can't really believe it and don't think it has sank in properly yet!! I have been signed off for another two weeks - which I know is the right thing but I really wanted to get back to work tomorrow as being off and not able to do anything is mental torture!!! My right ovary has not shrunk at all since hospital and was still MASSIVE! Risk of rupturing so still on pretty much doing nothing orders and DVT stockings for yet another 2 weeks....small price to pay me thinks ;)

Love to everyone as always

Kit x x x ^cat^ x x x

#23 ·
kitty that is just the best news! wohoo so pleased for x x x no wonder ohss was so bad!  x

#24 ·
Congratulations AJ!!!! You have just had me in tears, how wonderful for you. ^hugme^

Kittykat congratulations on your twins!!! That is amazing news!! I wish you all the very best!!! ^hugme^

Nice to see you on here too Suke M - How are you feeling? I have been having some nausea and if I eat a little bit of something it goes away.. I like to sleep a lot more too..

This waitiing is really hard... I hope the next few weeks go fast cos I really wont believe its real until I see that heartbeat!

Hope everyone else is well.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#25 ·
Morning everyone.

Smiley and Penni - good luck for your scans today. I'll be thinking of you.

I'm doing ok. Still on knicker watch and taking it one day at a time. 5w6d today. I feel a sense of achievement each day that I get through with no probs. Slowly one day at a time closer to my scan. Last time I started spotting at 6w3d so I'm praying that I get through the next week.

How's everyone else doing? Xxxxxxxxx

#26 ·
Amazing news Kitty, I think being off work contemplating your twins, TWINS!, will be a pretty well earned break. Take care and enjoy thinking about the future. Rest that ovary and keep smiling.  ^hugme^ :) :) :) xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.