* Author Topic: Juju's Donor IUI Diary  (Read 15554 times)

0 Members

Offline juju81

• Gold Member
  • Shirley Oaks has made my dreams come true
modify
Juju's Donor IUI Diary
« on: 5/11/12, 19:36 »
Well, I've ummed and arred about writi a diary, thinking DIUI might not be a very interesting diary.  However if anything else I'd like to keep a diary for me to write down my thoughts etc without boring 'normal' people with my stresses!

A bit of a background on me......in March 2009 we had our first ever DIUI. It worked. I fell pregnant then sadly miscarried just over 5wks. To say I was devastated is an understatement. I was sure I would never see those 'Pregnant' words again. 2 months later in June we had our 2nd DIUI and after being convinced throughout the 2ww that it would be a BFN I saw those amazing words again. Fast forward 3yrs later, we have a beautiful little boy who is just over 2 1/2 years old and that 'wanting' feeling again.

There are some issues relating to my little boys donor and on the 14th November we should hear whether the HFEA have approved our application to apply for a Special Directive to import more of his donors spermies to use as sibling sperm.  ^pray^ ^pray^  After that we apply for a licence to USE it at our clinic  ^pray^

On the 30th October I had the following bloods done

LH
FSH
AMH
THYROID
PROLACTIN
FBC

all came back normal apart from my FSH which was 11.2  :o  and my AMH which was a lousy 3.80  :'(  I'm a bit upset about them to be honest as it means my egg reserve is running low but my lovely nurse is still hopeful that we can get another success within DIUI.  Apparently anything under 10 and they recommend IVF but considering my last 2 treatments ended in BFP's they are happy to try a couple of IUI's

So that's my story so far.....I'm due to start checking for my surge in the next couple of days and then ring up to book my Progesterone bloods 7days after my surge.  We then wait for the HFEA's approval to import, then in January hopefully they will approve the use then it's all systems go with my January AF

Lots of PMA needed tho girlies please  :P ^reiki^ ^reiki^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline juju81

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: Juju's Donor IUI Diary
    « Reply #1 on: 11/11/12, 21:28 »
    Wow, 55 views  ;)

Well I finally got my surge last night (day 14) so I'm having my progesterone done on the 19th. Last time round it bordered on low so I'm not expecting any difference.

Am on the countdown to Wednesday. I'm starting to get nervous...eeek

Catch up soon xxx

Offline juju81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 19/11/12, 20:21 »
    So today we took a trip back up to the clinic for progesterone bloods and a scan.

We got there 30mins early. We went round to the fertility unit but there was somebody already being scanned so we said we'd go and get a coffee and come back after.  Whilst we were sat in the canteen, my favourite nurse appeared to say that she had to go into a meeting but one of the other nurses would scan me. I was a bit disappointed tbh because I'd never met the other nurse  :(  my nurse told me that they still hadn't heard from the HFEA  ^bigbad^  but that it should be any day. She's so lovely. She was aski about Noah, how he is. Asked to see some pictures. I just love how they are so personal  :)

We finished up our coffee and went round. The new nurse Sarah was just lovely. She really out me at ease. My lining is spot on and lovely and thick so had I been having tx this month it would have been a perfect home for an embryo to sleep in for 8months.  She could also see where I'd ovulated. From the left this month which makes sense because last month I was in agony from the ov pains. I always seem to have more pain on the right side  ^bigbad^  she then did my bloods.  I should get the results tomorrow.

I'm so pleased now. I also can't believe we are going down this journey again but I'm ready and raring to go as soon as we can. Hopefully my jan/feb cycle  ^pray^

Ju x

Offline juju81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 30/11/12, 20:37 »
    I'm so frustrated. Still no news and I explained to my nurse today how I was hoping to go with January's AF but if the HfEA don't inform my clinic of their decision regarding the licence to use the sperm soon enough after the meeting mid jan I'm going to miss January's period (due around 20th)  She then said I don't think it will all be sorted in time for January.  As soon as they give the go ahead to import the sperm we can get it over here but we then have to apply for a licence to use it and because of red tape we CANNOT do anything until the HFEA say so.

I'm so  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^    Treatment is stressful enough, you would think the HFEA would appreciate this.

My progesterone came back at 21.8. Slightly low but she thinks it's more because I had the bloods done a couple of days late.  They are happy for me to be progesterone free after the DIUI but I'm worrying about it. I didn't have progesterone support with the cycle I miscarried so made them give me it with Noah's DIUI. If it didnt work next time I'd blame it on that. So I'm going to push for progesterone.

I'm hoping to hear something before Christmas. I'm not holding my breath tho

J x :-\

Offline juju81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 11/12/12, 11:12 »
     ^milestone^ ^milestone^

Finally got confirmation that we can import more of my baby's donor sperm. I'm so happy I could cry  ^eyes^

We have already sent the application for the variance in the licence to use it over here so should hear beginning of January. I'm now looking at tx being around beg of March because I don't think we'll hear back in time for my jan/feb period. I'm ok with that.  Obviously if I can go sooner we will as we are all ready pre tx bloods etc.

So, just one part of it left now.  I'm so so happy  :)

Offline juju81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 22/12/12, 21:50 »
    So my AF arrived today. Not that it means much this month but I'm bang on 29days again.   I've just been looking online and it appears the meeting will be around the 23rd January by which point my period would have started so it doesn't look like tx will start in January. So i'm defo looking to start February. Around mid feb.  I'm looking forward to getting on the roller coaster again.  Nervous and anxious too. That's normal though.

Sooooooo, I'm going to stuff myself and have a few drinks over Christmas then 27th I'm starting the detox.....food and drink. Mid feb will be here in no time  ???

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all

:-*

Offline juju81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 9/01/13, 20:13 »
    A bit belated but

Happy New Year to you all  :-*

No news at all......due AF next weekend. Me and hubby are off to watch Cirque de Soleil next weekend, can't wait  ;) 

Had a fab Christmas, first one where Noah's really understood. Drank far too much NYE and couldn't even make it to midnight  :-[  first time ever  ^bigbad^  but that's it, I'm now on a food and alcohol,detox  :)

Have been told the sperm will be dispatched from Xytex soon and will be copied in on the email to track it. Bit bizarre but will be watching it fly over  ;D

Only about 5weeks until I can start I hope

Am getting mega excited about it  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Offline juju81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 8/02/13, 18:22 »
    I thought I would be coming on with some good news  :(  sadly I won't be having treatment this month. Our variation of the licence (to use it) application wasnt heard at the HFEA's January meeting.  It's going the end of feb and as AF due next week it's not going to happen. I'm so so gutted.

Our sperm is being delivered to our clinic on weds and whilst I should be  jumping from the ceilings it's just been ruined by the news about the licence. 

It now means we probably won't be in a position to have tx until may.  We have a holiday booked for NYE so if we had tx in march we'd have to cancel that, also who knows if the licence info would have been passed to my clinic by that point and were going to centre Parcs end of April and my calculations show I'd need insemination whilst in centre Parcs,  and quite honestly even if my periods are a bit early for the next couple of months and I can have tx before we go i can't be doing with the stress of hoping the surge comes before then so I think I'll hold off for my may AF.

It feels all so de ja vu.  We had the same issue with Noah. Licence didnt come through in time for tx in feb 09, miscarried in march etc etc.  it's like the man up above knows I want the summer off on maternity leave  ;D ;D

So there's an update. Not very positive. I'm going to have a glass of wine tonight. Sod it  :P

Offline juju81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 19/02/13, 11:19 »
    Hello there,

What a beautiful day  :)

Our sperm is at the clinic. One hurdle done. One left.  Slowly but surely it's coming together, no pun intended  ;D

Xx

Offline juju81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 24/02/13, 18:14 »
    Soooooooooo,

I've decided to have treatment in April after all. I just can't wait any longer. A due the beginning of april so should surge around the 17/18 and we go away 22nd.  Hoping it will all pan out ok. Once I've come on in a few wks time I'll no more if the dates :-)