* Author Topic: Recommendations on other Greek clinics (not SERUM)  (Read 77132 times)

0 Members

Offline janie73

modify
Re: Recommendations on other Greek clinics (not SERUM)
« Reply #10 on: 24/11/12, 14:47 »
Excellent!
I have contacted Drs Pantos (Genesis), Paraschos (Embio) and Papanikolou (Life Clinic) so I will see how I get on.
Thanks for the offer to translate Nikki - I won't ask that of you! Yes, have to accept that culturally may be different so need to get used to a bit of abruptness - that's OK!
Many thanks indeed!
Janie

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline nikki76

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 24/11/12, 14:59 »
    Fantastic!! All the best lovely xxx

Offline Hanamanahana

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 25/11/12, 10:20 »
    Hello

I've just read this thread and feel that I need to speak up about the Genesis clinic in Athens. I have been there and had four unsuccessful donor egg cycles. The only reason I used Genesis is because their medical director, Dr Pantos, has a professional relationship with a fertility clinic in Sydney. At the time it just seemed easier given they have a direct link with the Sydney clinic.

I'm glad some women on FF have had success with Genesis but I haven't. My experience has been pretty negative. Problems with Genesis are many but include:

1. Rude and surly behaviour on the part of Dr Pantos. Just as one example, when I told Dr Pantos about my 12 week miscarriage, he said, 'As far as I am concerned, the cycle was a success because it resulted in a pregnancy'. I can't believe there are still doctors out there who make those kinds of insensitive comments. I don't think this is just a 'Greek' thing as I've since spoken to other IVF medical professionals in Greece who have been far more supportive.

2. No FETs. They only do fresh cycles and if a cycle is unsuccessful, they use a new donor.

3. No consideration of immune issues. Aside from the use of baby aspirin and clexane, the clinic does no immune work whatsoever. The more I read about immunology, the more I think this is crucial, especially for women with several failed IVF cycles or recurrent miscarriages.

4. No attempt to change a cycle protocol if it doesn't work. Their response was simply 'bad luck and try again.' The protocols for all of my four cycles were essentially the same.

I now think Genesis is a money making machine that works for some women but not others. For all the success stories they extole, there is another side and there are definitely women for whom this clinic has not worked. I would urge any woman who has a history of repeated failed IVF cycles and/or miscarriages to find a clinic that looks at immune issues. I would not recommend Genesis to anyone.

Offline aussie_girl

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 25/11/12, 10:32 »
    Hi, I am from Australia and am going to Dr pantos early next year. also because of affiliation with sydney clinic. good to hear different perspectives. Will keep an eye on this thread. hopefully will see more opinions.

Offline janie73

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 25/11/12, 14:09 »
    Hanamanahana....Really interesting to get this perspective. I am very focused on getting personal care and protocol tweaking so this sounds very worrysome. Obviously there will be positive and negative comments about every clinic in the world but this sort of information is really useful. I just also think it's really good to  get some dialogue going about other clinics so I too will be watching this thread to hopefully learn from other people's experience. I have contacted 3 clinics in Athens (plus Serum) so I will certainly report back on my own experience from this early investigation.
    Aussie girl.... I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

Offline Violet66

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 25/11/12, 15:45 »
    I had FET and immune treatment - but I wasn't treated by Pantos - so must depend on who you see there.

Offline janie73

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 25/11/12, 18:50 »
    Violet - I might be wrong but I think that whilst Life Clinic operates out of the Genesis Hospital, Genesis is a fertility clinic in it's own right. I have certainly made contact with these through two separate web pages. There was very little information on the Genesis clinic and it didn't look particularly set-up to receive international patients although obviously, from the sound of it there are fairly strong links with Australia.
    Janie xx

Offline tracyl247

• It all happens for a reason...apparently!
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 28/11/12, 10:51 »
    Ladies lovely to see some chat about a different clinics  :)

Just a wee reminder though, when giving your opinion on any clinic please be mindful that this is a public forum.

If I can do anything to hello give me a shout.

take care

Tracy

Offline MistyB

• Gold Member
    • Miracles can happen
    modify
    « Reply #18 on: 15/01/13, 12:24 »
    Hi ladies

I have just been matched with a donor at Iakentpo in Thessaloniki, has anyone had any experience with this clinic or their sister clinic (by the same name) in Athens?

This is our first DE IVF cycle after two failed cycles in the UK (see my history below).  I'm really nervous about going abroad, but due to the long wait lists and high costs in UK, felt this was the right choice for me and DH.

Any experiences or advice would be really appreciated.

Lots of love and hugs and
     ^fairydust^
    Misty

Offline janie73

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 15/01/13, 19:00 »
    Hi Misty
    No experience with this clinic but I am planning to have treatment with New Life in Thessaloniki over the next couple of months so I'd be happy to share tips about the city! Might be heading out in just under 2 weeks for initial scan / possible hysteroscopy.
    Good luck!