* Author Topic: Recommendations on other Greek clinics (not SERUM)  (Read 77137 times)

0 Members

Offline Tiny21

• Gold Member
  • 7th time lucky, very grateful for our little man
modify
Recommendations on other Greek clinics (not SERUM)
« Reply #110 on: 14/06/14, 10:02 »
Thanks Misty, we are impressed so far, we went from having a short list of 4 clinics yesterday, including dogus and reprofit and now Ruth has mailed with a donor!! Getting quite excited, congrats to you. We live in Yorkshire so thinking Manchester hopefully. Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mouse123

modify
    « Reply #111 on: 12/08/14, 07:41 »
    Hi

Can anyone give me any idea on those clinics in Greece with the best success rates for frozen embryo transfers ( in particular frozen embryos).

Background on me is that I've had 2 fresh and 3 frozen donor embryo transfers at Serum but always had a negative outcome.  I have read that Serum has lower success rates for frozen embryos than other clinics. Can anyone confirm that. My experience seems to confirm
    it.  AsI live in Australia, I need to have the flexibility to freeze donor embryos so a recommendation of avclinic with best freezing rates would be great.

Thanks

Mouse

Offline ociwoman

• Trying one last time
    modify
    « Reply #112 on: 13/08/14, 17:44 »
    Iakentro has a success rate of 70% for frozen embryo transfers using donor eggs. This would be for eggs that are retrieved, cultivated and defrosted by Iakentro, and not embryos that were cultivated in other clinic.

In our case, we did a donor egg cycle with Iakentro and 8 of our embryos went to day 5. We transferred two from that fresh cycle (BFN), then thawed 3 that were frozen together (two survived the thaw and continued progressing, while one died). BFN again. We have three embryos left at Iakentro and will do one last FET in early October with those.

I know three women (all on this site) that did FETs at Iakentro in this last year, and all of them got pregnant. One just give birth last month, another is due next month, and the last one is about 3 months pregnant. So they have excellent success with their FETs at Iakentro. We just have not been lucky!

Best wishes.

Offline aussiebub

modify
    « Reply #113 on: 5/09/14, 04:07 »
    Hi mouse. I am also an Aussie and in Greece at the moment having got a BFP as I write. I can wholeheartedly recommend Dr Kanakas from Embryoland Athens ( as will many other Aussies ) . He has fabulous success listens to your needs and is brilliant with fresh and frozen. Best transfer I have ever had! Best fertility Dr I have ever had ! Whether a bfp or not dh and I were very very happy with him. Good luck in your search.  :)
    Ps embryologist are fantastic. In fact ones husband is an Aussie. Seems like a lot of us Aussies are quietly using this clinic with great success

Offline Tiny21

• Gold Member
    • 7th time lucky, very grateful for our little man
    modify
    « Reply #114 on: 5/09/14, 09:51 »
    Just an update on our experience at New Life. They were fab, we used IVF Treatment Abroad as a co-ordinator as well, she is English living in Greece but liaised with the clinic on all issues for us from paperwork to taxis etc.  The clinic staff were lovely, very friendly and professional, the clinic itself was immaculate. My room was better than most hotel rooms. This afternoon we have an early scan as we got a BFP.  ;D  We even have 2 frosties. The senior embryologist works as the International Co-ordinator and she was fab when we were there and held our hand through everything, daily update calls on our embies, she chose our donor etc. etc. Can't rate them highly enough. Very close to Thessaoliniki airport too - 15 mins in a taxi.

They also have a lot of Aussie patients.

Offline Mouse123

modify
    « Reply #115 on: 10/10/14, 05:43 »
    Hi

Thanks Aussiebub, Ociwoman and Tiny21 for your replies.   Sorry I haven't replied earlier, but as this thread seemed a bit inactive in the first few weeks after I posted my question, I guess I'd stopped coming on here to take a look and then it seems you all came on here at the beginning of Sept and I missed you.  Sorry!

Yes, Ociwoman, I had heard of Iakentro and they do sound interesting and I will take a look at that thread.  Sorry to hear about your negative results so far, but I'm hoping that when I hop over to the Iakentro thread, I will see your progress on there and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some good news.

Aussiebub - Congratulations on your BFP - I really hope things are progressing well. Its interesting that you are with someone called Embryoland - I haven't heard of them at all. What are their rates like for donor FET.  It would be good to understand more about how and why you picked them and how much time you had to spend in Greece.  Did you go over there for fresh or frozen and how soon before transfer date did you have to go over there? I would definitely be interested to hear more about it.

Tiny21 - Congratulations on your BFP too.  What great news.  How are things going?  I have heard of New Life - I think they are quite new aren't they.  What made you choose them above other clinics? Do you know what their success rates are for donor FET?

Thank you all for getting back to me.  This thread is in fact still alive.

Mouse
    X

Offline oldermum2

• Un-Ranked
    • Me 48 hubby 42. Me 2 bio kids 10 and 18.
    modify
    « Reply #116 on: 10/10/14, 13:13 »
    Hi I'm from Australia
    Am currently in Athens on my own awaiting an appt with dr. Nick pantos on Monday thru genesis.
    For de cycle with hubby's swimmers.

We tried serum two cycles.

Am on an immune protocol.
    Very bloated tummy!

First cycle on synarel.
    Previous two were natural.

Had IV intralipids on Wednesday before flying.

Offline MistyB

• Gold Member
    • Miracles can happen
    modify
    « Reply #117 on: 11/10/14, 08:49 »
    Good luck Oldermum, i've not had any experience of synarel (unless I know it under a different brand name) but took clexane throughout my pregnancy with DD who is now 11wk old.

Are you going to have your progesterone levels monitored this time? Fingers crossed for you.

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #118 on: 11/10/14, 09:20 »
    synarel is just the down reg that you sniff

Offline oldermum2

• Un-Ranked
    • Me 48 hubby 42. Me 2 bio kids 10 and 18.
    modify
    « Reply #119 on: 14/10/14, 03:40 »
    Hi mouse

There are some good recommendations here. Good luck finding the right one for you.
    As re serum when I returned for our frozen transfer we failed to fall pregnant and only three of the seven ice babies survived the thaw.
    I don't think their equipment is new and state of the art.
    I don't think they 'vitrify'
    They were very vague about the whole thing and we never received any pictures or grading reports of any of our embryos.

Fresh transfers they seem to go okay with.
    They did get us pregnant but failed to provide adequate back up prog injections in case I needed them when I flew back.

I was at serum in the morning of my flight, had bloods taken but ten hours later when I was on a 22 hour flight they rang my man at midnite and told him I urgently had to have prog injections.

It was an absolute nightmare.

We couldn't find anyone to help us in Australia, it was Xmas, a disaster and I miscarried on my birthday.

I'm hoping like crazy this cycle works for me. We've spent tens of $1000s on flights, treatments, accommodation etc..

I'm now on prog pessaries orally and vaginally 1200mg day
    6 Progynova tabs day
    Clexane
    Dexamethasone
    Antibiotics

Bizarrely this clinic has told me to stop taking baby aspro as I'm allergic to penicillin?
    Has anyone else heard of this???