* Author Topic: Recommendations on other Greek clinics (not SERUM)  (Read 77140 times)

0 Members

Offline purrsister

• Un-Ranked
modify
Re: Recommendations on other Greek clinics (not SERUM)
« Reply #30 on: 31/01/13, 00:38 »
Hi Janie & Violet

Thanks for your messages. 

Janie - I thoroughly recommend a large consumption of baklava and similar goodies from the bakery, I am convinced that this and lots of other lovely Greek food helped us a lot!  I also would recommend an apartment because it's better for relaxing, like home from home.

Violet - Yes, I read your posts (and also some by Poopy) before I decided to go to Life Clinic.  For me, I liked the fact that Dr Papanikolaou had worked as a gynaecologist in NHS hospitals and then at very successful fertility clinics in London.  I only found out about Life Clinic through a general internet search and after that I started looking on FF.  It seems to me that whilst Serum is obviously very good, other clinics that are at least as successful don't get a look-in on here.  It would be nice to redress the balance somewhat because I guess they need overseas patients now more than ever.

Anyway, must stop burning the midnight oil ...

Purrsister xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MistyB

• Gold Member
    • Miracles can happen
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 31/01/13, 08:25 »
    Hi ladies

It is really good to hear such positive stories about other clinics.

Purrsister, you are so right about these other clinics being just as good as Serum but not getting a look in. I will certainly be updating on my progress and experience at Iakentpo, so others can benefit from my experience.

Janie, I missed an earlier post from you. Very pleased to hear that after your initial anxiety you are feeling more settled and happy with your decision to go with New Life.  Yes I have been liaising with Ruth from IVF Treatment Abroad. She has been really great in providing us with information and putting us in contact with the clinic.

I look forward to following your journey, we may even be cycling at the same time :)

Misty x

Offline malabar girl

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #32 on: 3/03/13, 05:40 »
    Hi all I have been to Dr pantos 3 times and as a resulting I have 2 beautiful babies. So don't be put off by negative comments if you want more info pm me anytime good luck Malabar

Offline MistyB

• Gold Member
    • Miracles can happen
    modify
    « Reply #33 on: 4/03/13, 08:58 »
    Malabar - congratulations that is wonderful, two babies  :)

Janie - not sure if you are still keeping an eye on this post, but just wanted to ask yow everything went at New Life and if you are cycling this month?

We fly out to Thessaloniki on Wednesday, EC expected to be this weekend although waiting on our donors scan for the exact date. Then all being well ET the following week and fly home on 17 March.

I'm currently posting on the ''Starting 1st DE IVF Cycle - anyone else? Part 4" board, but will update on here once we're back so others can share my experience of Iakentro.

Good luck to everyone
    Misty x

Offline janie73

modify
    « Reply #34 on: 4/03/13, 17:26 »
    MistyB - I'm so sorry, I've just realised I didn't respond to your earlier post about apartments. I thought I had but it's obviously too late now! It sounds as though you will be leaving Thessa just as I arrive. I'm due to fly in on the 17th. I've actually booked a studio apartment that I found on AirBNB so it's pretty cheap. I went to visit it just to check it out and it was really nice and neat and fresh although pretty small! I can walk to the clinic from there which is nice. It was a toss up between that and a hotel in Panorama that the clinic had really good deals with. I just thought in the end that it would get quite expensive as we'd be forced to eat out all the time. I'll post more details when I've actually stayed there so other ladies can consider it.

It's such a shame we aren't going to crossover, it would have been nice to meet up. I don't suppose anyone else is reading this thread and out in thessaloniki from 17/03??!

Well all the best of luck MistyB. If you stumble upon any good restaurants or cafes or sightseeing then post up... I'll be reading!! Take care of yourself.

Janie xx

Offline janie73

modify
    « Reply #35 on: 4/03/13, 17:30 »
    PS - I also found New Life via Ruth. I was initially highly suspicious that this service would mean additional costs but not the case. For me, getting speedy answers to my questions has been really important as obviously it's a pretty stressful time when you're trying to think about prescriptions / flying with meds / scan timings etc and it's good to feel reassured that you'll get a prompt response.

Offline MistyB

• Gold Member
    • Miracles can happen
    modify
    « Reply #36 on: 5/03/13, 10:55 »
    Hi Jamie

Ruth is wonderful isn't she? I agree I was initially sceptical that it would be an additional cost but it hadn't been, she just really wants to help ladies like us realise our dreams of becoming a mum.

Will certainly let you and others know of any good restaurants in Thessaloniki and also what the apartment is like. We went for a two bedroom apartment in the end as my mum is coming our to be with me for ET as DH has to fly home after EC to look after our dogs and go back to work.

This time tomorrow we should be landing in Greece!!

X

Offline hollshouse

modify
    « Reply #37 on: 5/03/13, 21:28 »
    Hi Misty,

Just wanted to wish you every bit of luck in the world on your trip tomorrow - am sure it will all be fantastic and as you know Ruth is there every step of the way for us - I am still 3+ weeks away from ET but as you know we have our 4 frosties waiting for us, I can hardly wait to land in Athens at the end of the month!
     Will hear how you get on, but just wanted to let you know will be thinking about you,

H xxx ;D ^reiki^ ^hugme^ ^pray^

Offline MistyB

• Gold Member
    • Miracles can happen
    modify
    « Reply #38 on: 14/03/13, 17:22 »
    Janie - if you are still lurking I'm going to send you a PM with all my recommendations in Thessaloniki (probably tomorrow).  Despite telling myself I wouldn't eat out every night, I pretty much have  ::) so I have some good restuarant choices, pretty reasonably priced too.

Hollshouse - I know you are on the Starting 1st DE IVF Cycle thread as well, but just wanted to say thank you for your kind posts and I'm going to be following your progress in a couple of weeks.
    https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=297914.0;topicseen

Hi to anyone else still keeping tabs on here  ^fairydust^

Offline barbara1

modify
    « Reply #39 on: 26/03/13, 08:32 »
     ^reiki^