* Author Topic: Recommendations on other Greek clinics (not SERUM)  (Read 77139 times)

0 Members

Offline MistyB

• Gold Member
  • Miracles can happen
modify
Re: Recommendations on other Greek clinics (not SERUM)
« Reply #60 on: 21/06/13, 07:22 »
Hi honey

Thanks for sharing that very detailed account of Iakentro  As you know I have been using Iakentro, Thessaloniki clinic. Again happy to answer anyone's questions.

We're currently on a three month break from treatment trying to improve DH sperm so won't be cycling again until September.

There is one other lady on here I know of who had treatment at Iakentro, Athens. Unfortunately her cycle ended in miscarriage. But I believe they have one or two frozen embryos so will be using Iakentro again this year for FET.

Good luck with your treatment in July  :) will be replying to your PM soon

Xx ^hugme^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline krosie

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Recommendations on other Greek clinics (not SERUM)
    « Reply #61 on: 4/09/13, 13:41 »
    Hi Aussie girl
    I am an Aussie girl too and I have to agree with everything you have said about genesis!

My experience there was appalling. We also used the Sydney clinic and were assured that if we could not get an Italian donor (I am of Italian heritage) that it would be a Greek donor for sure.  This was very very important to the two of us. Not only did we not get an Italian donor but when I happened to ask what nationality donor was, I was told they were Russian. But the whole experience was terrible. One example on day of transfer after they found a Greek donor, my appointment was at 12.30pm we did not get to see dr P til 5.45pm! Talk about not getting stressed and staying calm!!! And not even a sorry for keeping us waiting.
    I would not recommend genesis to anyone

Rosie

Offline bayley

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 5/09/13, 21:49 »
    I just wanted to say that I had a wonderful experience at New Life Clinic in Thessaloniki.  I went through Ruth Pellow as well.  I cannot say enough good things about how well we were treated at the clinic.  Everyone took such great care of us. Greece is a beautiful place to vacation and we came home to a BFP!  I had my first scan today (7 weeks) and there were two healthy heartbeats and they both measure to date.
    We are beyond ecstatic and feel we owe it all to the wonderful staff at New Life.

Offline malabar girl

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #63 on: 5/09/13, 22:26 »
    Very sorry to hear of your negative experience with dr p. I have seen him 3 times as a result I have two beautiful children. Yes he is not warm and fuzzy and yes the clinic is super busy but I was happy to go there as I was told that was the way it was from the start.
    I hope that people will not be put off by your posts
    Good luck everyone

Offline MistyB

• Gold Member
    • Miracles can happen
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 6/09/13, 01:11 »
    Bayley, congratulations on your BFP with twins!!!  ^congrats^

I have only ever heard good things about Ruth Pellow and the clinics she works with. We are starting our second DE cycle at Iakentro in Thessaloniki at the end if the month. Originally we looked at New Life, but Iakentro were able to find us a better match.

Hope all goes well for your pregnancy

^hugme^

Offline tracyl247

• It all happens for a reason...apparently!
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 6/09/13, 08:42 »
    Ladies, can I remind you that it can be a very close line between your opinion and taking it too far.  Your opinion regarding a medical professional and or clinic is just that.  FF supports you being able to share your experiences but it can't support comments that could be taken as slanderous.

With that in mind, please continue to share your experience negative and positive but remember this is a public site and as such needs to ensure it acts accordingly. Post will be modified as seen appropriate without notice.

Also, I have noticed some informal advertising for a particular fertility nurse. One mention within posts is more than enough.  FF offers advertising packages if that is something that individuals or clinics are interested in.

Many thanks

Tracy

Offline janie73

modify
    « Reply #66 on: 6/09/13, 16:54 »
    Am somewhat confused. Peny at serum gets similar praise but as far as I am aware that's not considered an issue. The recommendations helped me immensely when i was reviewing treatment options. I found it hard to get passed the pro serum comments. Feels very unbalanced.

Offline tracyl247

• It all happens for a reason...apparently!
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #67 on: 6/09/13, 17:10 »
    Feel free to recommend individuals/ clinics and other professionals on this thread ladies that is what it is here for.  However, I am not sure that the contact details of any individual/clinic etc needs to be mentioned more than once in the same post. 

I am very keen that there is a thread that offers a different option other than Serum hence the creation of this thread.

Many thanks

Tracy

Offline Violet66

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #68 on: 7/09/13, 13:24 »
    Feel free to recommend individuals/ clinics and other professionals on this thread ladies that is what it is here for.  However, I am not sure that the contact details of any individual/clinic etc needs to be mentioned more than once in the same post. 

^^^^

Tracy, how can you say that when there are thousands and thousands of posts about Serum?

I totally agree with you Janie. The unfair bias is something I have complained to FF about - nothing was done of course.

Offline nikki76

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 7/09/13, 14:44 »
     ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ hehe Tracy ur post made me laugh!!
    As much as I love FF, ur post makes no sense, when Penny's name must have been mentioned about 1 million times overall in this site !! Which is great, that's what advertising is about ...

By the way in the name of democracy, u shouldn't delete these posts!!!

Cheers