* Author Topic: Recommendations on other Greek clinics (not SERUM)  (Read 77129 times)

0 Members

Offline tracyl247

• It all happens for a reason...apparently!
  • VIP Member Sponsor
modify
Recommendations on other Greek clinics (not SERUM)
« Reply #70 on: 8/09/13, 13:20 »
This is not a specific clinic or professional thread, the Serum thread is.

Would be good to get the thread back on track,

Thanks

Tracy

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Violet66

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #71 on: 8/09/13, 21:18 »
    You're the one who derailed it !!  ???

Offline Kim01

modify
    « Reply #72 on: 8/09/13, 22:33 »
    Hi Ladies

i'm due to have a hysto arranged by Penny next week. I came across  the Life Clinic and the Iakentpo Clinic mentioned in FF thread.  I wanted to keep my future options open.  Since I'm in Greece next week - i wanted to take the chance to have a consultation appointment at these clinics.   I've emailed these two clinics several times but so far not heard from them.  Does anyone know how to get hold of the coordinator etc.  Any information would be greatly received.

Thanking you ladies in advance.

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #73 on: 9/09/13, 00:21 »
    I emailed iakentro athens direct but found more info and help going through the aforementioned ruth contact on [email protected]. She lives near athens and organises the treatment with the clinic cutting out ( i hope )  the communication problems i had with my last clinic in cyprus.

Can't help with new life i'm afraid. For me it was between iakentro and serum. What is swinging it is the better experience with frozen embryos as i am considering a freeze all cycle as i can't down reg.  With serum would be more depended on which donor matched cycle wise with me rather than which is best match iykwim as fet rates compared to their fresh mean a freeze all not viable. Also serum are very good at investigating those women with multiple cycle failures , so tend to be more hands on . My problem has been getting viable embryos and i react idiosyncratically to drugs and investigations so a less is more works for me. If you have had multiple failures i would be more inclined to go with serum. If not iakentro looks good.

If you do go and see it let me know what you think. The womeni've spoken to so far very positive about it.

Good luck with your hysteroscopy.

Offline malabar girl

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #74 on: 9/09/13, 01:28 »
    Wow I come on this forum for positivity I think that tracy did and said the right thing.
    We need to keep on supporting each othe. It is ok to have negative opinions but it just goes too far when you say things about a professional that does not met your expectations. And name and shame.
    Lets get back to the business of helping each other through the process of creating a family.
    Malabar

Offline MistyB

• Gold Member
    • Miracles can happen
    modify
    « Reply #75 on: 9/09/13, 09:13 »
    KimT, I've always communicated through Ruth when speaking with Iakentro, I do have Tatia (the embryolgist in Thessaloniki) contact details too, but just found emailing Ruth to be so easy. For example, I emailed her on Saturday for an update on our current donor expecting a response this morning and got an email back Saturday evening. In my book that's pretty quick! I believe she still works with New Life so can help you out with a consultation there too.

Mierran, in terms of frozen cycles I'm not sure how the clinics compare as I've never had enough embryos to freeze, but after my first failed DE cycle I had a consultation with Dr Prapas and he and the clinic were happy to run immune tests on me, DNA frag tests on DH sperm and do a hysteroscopy for me. They were also very understanding about our financial situation and told us which tests were the most important so we could prioritise the tests or try to get some done on the NHS to keep the costs down. Turns out DH sperm has some fragmentation issues (we had always been told the problem was my eggs and he  was fine) so this time we're having all embryos generically tested. And they've found us a donor who is not only proven, but who produces a good number of eggs to maximise our chances.

Due to my medical history I have to have my meds tailored slightly, so my experience has alway been hands on. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has used Serum and another Greek clinic for their experience as a comparison.

This thread is meant to be about all things Not Serum, so let's get back to sharing those experiences good and bad to help everyone make an informed decision.

Offline janie73

modify
    « Reply #76 on: 9/09/13, 09:58 »
    KimT - I dealt with the New Life clinic in Thessaloniki via Ruth, but I think that is different to the clinic you are talking about? I can give more info about New Life if that helps. I never ended up cycling in the end (but that has nothing to do with the clinic, just issues in my own life) but I did go out to Thessaloniki for some tests and they were totally fantastic. They also did a very thorough skype consultation before I went out, asked lots of questions that other clinics didn't and were hugely professional and clearly aware of what a big deal it is to have treatment overseas. I researched loads of clinics and I found New Life to be way more thorough than the others. I dealt with Ruth. I was hugely sceptical about this initially but she made the whole process so much less stressful. In fairness, communication with Serum was also good but I just wasn't so happy with their clinical approach. Clearly lots of other ladies are though!

Offline Kim01

modify
    « Reply #77 on: 9/09/13, 20:53 »
    MistyB, Janie73 & Mierran -  thank for the info and support.  I feel not much better now.   I will email Ruth for more info.
    AFM: flight, accommodation and insurance all booked for next week.  Fly out Sunday 15th . Preop check Tuesday 17th .  Hysto procedure  at 8AM Wednesday 18th.  Sight seeing Thurs and Friday.  Fly home Saturday 21st.
    I shall keep you ladies posted.  Good luck and take care ladies.

Offline MistyB

• Gold Member
    • Miracles can happen
    modify
    « Reply #78 on: 10/09/13, 07:21 »
    Best of luck Kim  ^hugme^

Offline Kim01

modify
    « Reply #79 on: 14/09/13, 23:02 »
    Thanks  MistyB

I managed to email Ruth.  Got some info.  Not yet able to talk to her on phone.  Flying out tomorrow for Athens. Excited.
    Is there another sister branch of  iakentro clinic in Athens?
    Take care