* Author Topic: Recommendations on other Greek clinics (not SERUM)  (Read 77138 times)

0 Members

Offline MistyB

• Gold Member
  • Miracles can happen
modify
Recommendations on other Greek clinics (not SERUM)
« Reply #90 on: 20/09/13, 09:08 »
Kim here is there website which also has their address and contact details.

Www.iakentro.com/en/home

Hope all is well, I'll post an update on the other threads :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline marieantoinette1

modify
    « Reply #91 on: 29/10/13, 19:41 »
    Hi there Hoosie
    I have had one successful attempt and I am currently on my second attempt from the Newlife Clinic in Thessaloniki in Greece.  My little boy is just over one year and this time round (i'm currently day 5 after embryo transfer, so can't tell you if its been successful for another week yet), but I can honestly say that after four failed UK attempts and one failed Newlife attempt, I would never go back to a UK clinic.
    I have had the same Doctor and the same Embryologists since my first visit and they have stayed in touch since my first contact with all of the same team so you do feel like an extension of the family.  I personally found other Greek clinics too large (much like many of the big London ones), where your name is forgotten, no one remembers your notes and you have a different nurse for everything.  Here it feels first class, isn't silly expensive and everyone is fluent (you don't have to get your phrase book out) with a team that have trained with the best in the world.  I cannot recommend them higher and even if this attempt doesn't work, I'll be going back for my frozen eggies. 
    Happy to take a call if you need further advice or contact info, but speak to Chrysa and tell her, that her London friend who's awaiting her test sent you - she's incredible!  Good luck
    MA  ^reiki^

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 7/12/13, 07:03 »
    Ive been to Embio and would NOT recomend this clinic at all !!

Offline bebeLAstrange

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #93 on: 11/01/14, 11:26 »
    Hello Ladies,
    I just wanted to say thank you for the information and opinions you all have provided. I am in my 30s and about to start this journey into IVF and PGD. My DH is approaching 60 and we know our dreams of a healthy baby are slipping away. So this board is a helpful aid.
    I am an American, married to a Greek, lived in Athens for 3 years and moved to the Greek countryside two years ago. I speak limited Greek, but i understand. I feel Greece has some amazing Doctors and of course a few so-so and then you have the "Celeb Dr" which i would personally stay away from.
    I applaud anyones strength in will to travel such a distance, for a chance at creating life. I hope to share my journey here.

-B

Offline MistyB

• Gold Member
    • Miracles can happen
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 12/01/14, 10:07 »
    BebeLAstrange, have you considered Iakentro in Athens? Their clinic is small and personal and they have a large more modern looking clinic in Thessaloniki. The Drs Prapas are brothers and travel between the two clinics. 

I had DEIVF and PDG with them in Thessaloniki, but my FET was done in Athens so I have experience of both sites. They have been so lovely and friendly and I'm still in touch with our embryologist even now that I'm 14wks pregnant.

Because I am in London I went through an overseas agency call IVF Treatment Abroad, but since you are in Greece and your DH is Greek you could go direct. The address and website details were posted on here a few posts early.

Best of luck on your journey, I hope you get your much wanted baby  ^hugme^

Offline ociwoman

• Trying one last time
    modify
    « Reply #95 on: 13/01/14, 20:10 »
    I also support Iakentro. Am a patient there (from Canada). They have been wonderfully supportive, patient and innovative in their approach - despite my estrogen-resistant uterine lining.

There are a few of us on a small Iakentro general support thread on this site. You might want to check out our comments on:

Iakentro Clinic Greece - General Support Thread

Good luck in your efforts.

Offline Lara27

• Un-Ranked
    • everything happens for a reason
    modify
    « Reply #96 on: 1/04/14, 12:46 »
    Positive experience with Mediterranean Fertility Center in Chania, Crete http://www.ivfgreece.com/. Went there in August 2013 after two failed IUI. Dr. Giannis Giacoumakis together with the embyologist dr. Daphnis Diamandis are amazing, will only do what's best for you and won't put you through un-necessary procedures just for the sake of trying. They are very much oriented to results, in fact our second attempt brought us our first ever BFP! They also have DE, DS, Surrogate programs, while cycling I've seen lots of Italian couples among patients.

/links

Offline Maxandruby1

modify
    « Reply #97 on: 8/04/14, 23:53 »
    Hi I'm Maxandruby1 I'm considering IVF for the first time. I have had 11 cycles of Clomid with 2 pregnancies that ended in undiagnosed early miscarriage. I have been in touch with the lovely Ruth mentioned previously (I've read the whole thread twice lol) I'm planning on travelling from Ireland to Greece I'm trying to decide between Newlife and Iakentro any suggestions welcome

Offline MistyB

• Gold Member
    • Miracles can happen
    modify
    « Reply #98 on: 9/04/14, 07:36 »
    Hi Maxandruby1, I was undecided between those two clinics when I first started too, in the end the decision was made for us, we went with the one who had a closer donor match. I had two cycles of treatment at Iakentro in Thessaloniki, and am currently 26wks pregnant with our first child.

I can't rate Ruth and all the clinic staff at Iakentro highly enough. When our first cycle failed they were so helpful in investigating what might have been the issue, they listened to my concerns and we're reassuring when I needed it. We changed a few things with the second protocol and it worked do my DH and I are over the moon. I don't think we ever would have gotten to this point if we had continued having treatment at our UK clinic.

If you do decide to go with Iakentro, there is another thread just for that clinic, with lots of lovely supportive ladies a good number of success stories  :)

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=312428.new#new

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Offline Maxandruby1

modify
    « Reply #99 on: 9/04/14, 16:12 »
    Thank you Misty I shall check out that thread too  :) Did you happen to checkout the New life clinic while you were in Greece? Congrats on your little miracle  :) Im feeling very good about our decision to go abroad I have been feeling fobbed of for a long time at our current clinic they have made no effort to find out why Im miscarrying and I see a different Doctor at every visit and continually have retell my story. Im hoping for more personalised care and being treated as less of a number. Ive have been reading about Iakentro do they not do frozen embryos its states no charge on the form i was reading