* Author Topic: Liverpool Womens/Hewitt centre, referral &waiting times  (Read 3993 times)

0 Members

Offline auntydanni

• Sr. Member-10017
Hi guys,
I have been referred to LWH from North Wales for IVF due to endo and blocked tubes. Has anyone done the same in the last 12 months so could give me an idea of the timescale it took from referral to PIE to investigations and starting treatment. We have spoken to them and were told we may get onto the PIE at the end of Jan but not guaranteed due to paperwork back log. We are NHS at the mo

Thanks

Danielle
Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Wishingforbump

• Full Member-10016
    Hya danielle. Sorry I dnt no the waiting times but there is a program on BBC 4 at 9 tonight about that clinic xx

Offline wibble-wobble

• Moderator-4
    Hi

If your interested in joining lots of women who are having treatment at Liverpool Women's here's the link for the thread. There's women at all different stages of the process who will be able to answer any questions you might have

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=290948.0

At the pie you will be given a list of bloods you need taking and given a date to return to the clinic for them. After you've had the tests it's about 8 weeks until you'll get the results and go back to sign the final paperwork, you get told at this appointment to ring up on cd1 of your next cycle to arrange the delivery of the drugs and start injecting them cd23.

Hope you get your pie invite soon ^reiki^

Offline auntydanni

• Sr. Member-10017
    Hi guys,

Thanks for two brilliant and speedy replies, DH and I are sitting down to watch the program now! I would never have seen that without your tip off so thanks so much!

Thanks wibble for the link also, but I feel like I would be interjecting on peoples long threads who are undergoing treatment?!

Dxxx   ^hugme^

Offline wibble-wobble

• Moderator-4
    Don't be daft, we're a friendly bunch you wouldn't be gate crashing. There's a few of us on there now that aren't even having treatment... taking breaks or waiting for funding or investigations. I think only 1 person is having treatment at the minute a fet

Offline vickster_77

• Gold Member-10018
    As Wibble said, you're very welcome to come on over to the Liverpool thread, I've been on there over a year now and haven't had a treatment cycle yet!
    We're still waiting for our funding to be confirmed before we get our PIE invite, Warrington PCT have only recently re-instated funding so its been a long process, fingers crossed you're not waiting anywhere near as long!

Offline auntydanni

• Sr. Member-10017
    Hi guys,

Spoke to the Hewitt Centre today and apparently we are on the list for the PIE in Feb  :) Relieved to have some kind of date to start and others' signatures have been great for giving me a good idea of how long it all takes.

Baby dust to all  ^hugme^ and fingers crossed for the beginning of our journey!  ^pray^ xx