* Author Topic: Surrogacy in Georgia  (Read 65660 times)

0 Members

Offline M81

• Un-Ranked
modify
Surrogacy in Georgia
« Reply #330 on: 18/05/20, 23:27 »
Hello BigMama67  :)

We are expecting a lovely baby boy in july and are doing a surrogacy program with NL Georgia, we chose the cheapest package and used donor eggs and were succesful on our first attempt, so lucky! Also things are going great, even now with the Covid-19 situation. NL have been and still are great, you get different coordinators through the program regarding where you are in the proces, we recently got our after birth care coordinator and paid the delivery fee, so it's definitely getting close!

I'm so happy we chose NL, and we are sooo excited to meet our baby boy, it's been a long time waiting!

If you have other questions feel free to ask, hopefully you will succeed on your surrogacy journey as well  :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline BigMama67

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Surrogacy in Georgia
    « Reply #331 on: 19/05/20, 06:24 »
    Hey M81 :) 

Thanks for your reply!  How exciting - July is just about upon us ;)  Will this be your first child?  I watch a lot of cooking shows and Anthony Bourdain is one of my faves!  He did a program in Georgia - it looks beautiful and the people seem to be beautiful souls too :)  When you say the cheapest package, does that mean no guarantee?  WOW, what a gamble and how lucky!  Happy to hear anymore of your story if you have time ;) 

Offline Wantafamily

modify
    Surrogacy in Georgia
    « Reply #332 on: 19/05/20, 08:05 »
    Hi everyone,

hope everyone is doing well!

Aleksandrauib- how are you in Tbilisi? i hope everything is going well and smooth for you?

M81- thats great news- July will be here soon!! Did you do PGS on your embryos? can i  ask where you are and what are you planning re travel? i see that Turkish airlines in the UK will open after the 28th May?
    And great news that your first attempt worked!! did you buy the surrogate insurance?

BigMama67- I've looked into the Guarantee  package, but as we have 3 PGD tested blasto embryos, and we will only do these transfers singularly, we have gone for the pay as you go, but with surrogate insurance. We will not do the guarantee, as we have been trying for 14 years, and this will be our last chance. but their Guarantee package does  look really good to me, especially if we were younger and had more time. I went to Tbilisi  in Sept last year and it was such a lovely place- great food and weather, and it felt so great to be somewhere so different.

Mary 313- i hope the US went well this month? when are you planning to travel?

We are just waiting for the Notary  office in Tbilisi to open again, which i think is this week and then we can start the paperwork to have our first transfer! fingers crossed.

well its nice to see this board is being looked at, and theres a few of us involved with NL. Good luck everyone.

WaF

Offline M81

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Surrogacy in Georgia
    « Reply #333 on: 19/05/20, 23:33 »
    Hello again BigMama67

Yes july is not far away at all! And yes this is our first child, we want to have more, but we'll see about that, I'm 38 and my husband is 33. And no we have no guarantee, I read about their succes rate, and it's very good, especially when using donor eggs, however NL have their own guarantee for everyone, that if it doesn't work after 3 tries, they pay until it works. But we indeed got very lucky that our first try worked!
    I'm not really sure what you mean about my story, but here's some of it.

I can't have children due to radiation therapy in the pelvic area, also it ruined my eggs, so that was definitely though to get over. I had cervix cancer, however I'm very good now and it's more than 6,5 years ago, and that was when I started looking into surrogacy.
    First a friend offered to carry for us, so I asked my younger sister if she could donate eggs, but she said no (she has no children of her own), and then my friend changed her mind about helping us, and she didn't really tell us, she just began talking about other options for us, and we had already decided on surrogacy either way, so we found it very rude and unsoppurtive, and we're currently not so good friends.

Anyway in january 2019 I didn't want to wait any longer with the surrogacy proces because I'm not getting any younger  ;D First we thought about going to Ukraine, but then I heard some negative things about surrogacy there, how the surros were treated and apparently one clinic made a mistake and used the wrong sperm, so we didn't want to risk it. And then thankfully I found NL Georgia, and I wrote them, and they seemed so kind and trustworthy right away! So in august 2019 we decided to travel there, and even though they were kind of on holiday we were at their office and met 2 potential egg donors, and we were at the clinic where my husband took care of stuff you know, and we talked to an embryologist. We were only in Georgia 5 days, so we didn't really experience that much, since we were busy with our project, as I like to call it. But we found georgian people friendly and NL were very helpful with everything! We even rented an apartment from our patient coordinator. Also we signed the contracts and chose the egg donor before we went home again.

Once we were back home came the long wait, first it was the egg retrieval which went very well, we still have 5 blastocysts left. And then came the wait for the surrogate and after they found or matched her, they did the embryo transfer november 2nd, and we almost held our breath for two weeks, suddenly one day before two weeks had passed we got an e-mail saying that first pregnancy test came back positive, we were very happy, but cautious at the same time and this resulted in our baby boy, who is due july 19th.

And this was way too long, so sorry about that.

And hello Wantafamily

YES, july is almost here! We did no testing actually, other than those that were included, we didn't even do NIPT, because they kept saying how good our results were and so on, and it's not usual to do the NIPT here, unless the mother is over 35, and our egg donor had just turned 23.
    We are actually in The Faroe Islands, and we have no idea how to get to Georgia, but it sounds good if we can travel through UK, however I'm not sure our airline will fly to UK for a while, since they fired a lot of people today :(  For now the only routes are to Denmark, so we're hoping to fly there and then via one other country on the way to Georgia, but we'll just have to wait and hope that baby boy doesn't come early!

We don't have surrogate insurance either, we just took a chance, and so far so good :)

By the way our country is Covid-19 free! And has been for a while, so maybe that makes our chances better for travelling? I'm not sure!

Good luck to your journey as well, hope everything will go well!

Offline BigMama67

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Surrogacy in Georgia
    « Reply #334 on: 21/05/20, 07:02 »
    Thanks for sharing your story M81!  So happy for you and roll on July  :)  We have birthdays in July too! 

I am so glad this thread has become active again.  I have been snooping around for a few years but found that not much was getting posted so then I joined a social media group but I was inactive too long and I think they booted me and now I can't find it again  ::)

I had to google where the Faroe Islands are  ;D

Hi Wantafamily :)  Would love you hear where you are up to also and anyone else who has time! 

What does surrogate insurance cover?  As I will no doubt only do this once, I am inclined to go for the guaranteed program but not getting ahead of myself as we have to see what the swimmers are like these days  :-\

Online mary313

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Surrogacy in Georgia
    « Reply #335 on: 23/05/20, 08:17 »
    @ Wantafamily ultrasound was good :) another one was scheduled today week 24 and will get results on Monday. We are planning to travel end of July.

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    Surrogacy in Georgia
    « Reply #336 on: Yesterday at 12:51 »
    M81 - you live in the wonderful area, Faroe islands is one of my fav places. Look at Wizzair, particulalry their flights from Budapest. Before Covid they flew from Katowice (Poland) to Georgia, and there is a big airport in Katowice (Pyrzowice) with connections to many European cities. However, Wizzair has more possibilities from Budapest (Hungary) Hope this helps.

Offline M81

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Surrogacy in Georgia
    « Reply #337 on: Yesterday at 14:45 »
    miamiamo

Thank you, we think our islands are wonderful as well, and we love living here! Have you been here?

And thank you for the travel information, I will look into it :) I also read that Georgia is negotioating with several other countries so that people can travel via them to Tbilisi in july, so we're hoping for good news soon!

BigMama67
    Haha, so you had to google Faroe Islands, funny  ;D Where are you from?

mary313
    Good to hear the US went well, hopefully we can meet up in Georgia, we're hoping to travel early july. Also the danish consulate in Tbilisi is not answering our mails, so we probably have to stay there for a long time.

Offline BigMama67

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Surrogacy in Georgia
    « Reply #338 on: Today at 06:52 »
    Hey M81 and everyone else :)

I am from Australia - a long way away ;)

Glad to hear things are going smoothly for everyone :)

Offline BigMama67

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Surrogacy in Georgia
    « Reply #339 on: Today at 06:54 »
    I got close I guess when in Scotland but still never heard of them!  ;D