* Author Topic: North west fertility  (Read 1646 times)

0 Members

Offline Freddie123

• Sr. Member-10017
modify
North west fertility
« on: 8/01/13, 14:49 »
Is there anyone would can give me advise or opinion relating to Northwest fertility in Chester and Liverpool. My husband and I are starting IVf and Icsi here hopefully next month privately and wanted to know if anyone had any stories good and bad.  We are struggling with male fertility my husband had a vasectomy reversal over a year ago and didn't work for us well enough to conceive naturally due to sperm antibodies.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline JAD

• Registered-2
    modify
    Re: North west fertility
    « Reply #1 on: 8/01/13, 16:54 »
    Hi Freddie123

I am currently and have been with North West Fertily in Chester for my last cycles (Wellness centre).  Karen was my contact for the IVF i have now moved to a new nurse there for DE IVF.     They are all very good, helpful and always available when you need them, Evening appointments were also a blessing for me,  Would recommend.  The BBC Four programme last night was on the Hewitt centre in Liverpool, if you can watch it tonight, think it is repeated not sure what time, this would be helpful for you. 
    All the best for the future x

Offline Freddie123

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 8/01/13, 20:51 »
    Thanks JAD. We just watched the programme, very emotional but interesting. Have first appointment with Karen on Tuesday. Did you see the doctor at all as haven't seen one yet and concerned that everything is being done through the nurse. Good luck with your next cycle.

Offline JAD

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 8/01/13, 21:29 »
    Hi

We saw Dr Haddad when i was having initial investigations,  we then got transferred to karen, she is lovely and will look after you both.
    Let me know if you have any other questions, i know when i had my first cycle i would forget all my questions to ask karen in the meeting !!
    I know, i just watched another ivf programme, they all seem to be on tv at the moment....!

Good luck x

Offline gem236

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 5/02/13, 17:20 »
    Hi
    This is my very first thread ever and hope some lovely ladies can help and give me some very needed guidance.
    Me and my husband have been trying for a baby for 5 years now. We went through IVF in Chester at the end of 2011, this failed with also no frozen eggs so we were devastated.  :'(
    Knowing we had another go on the NHS we picked ourselves up and decided to have a year out to try again naturally but had no look.
    We had an appointment yesterday back at Chester to start our 2nd cycle but we are trying to make the decision to get transferred to Liverpool or not as I work in the city centre and think it will be easier! This decision has become very stressful and I need help in knowing what is the best move to do!
    I know all the staff at Chester they are very friendly, I know where to go and what to expect when Im there! The only thing I dont like is having my egg retrieval done there and then my husband driving them to Liverpool! Does this do any harm to the eggs???

Do I stay at Chester for my 2nd and final cycle or go to Liverpool for it all??? Please help me make a decision. :-[

Thanks for reading my thread!! :) xxx  ;D

Offline JAD

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 6/02/13, 14:14 »
    Hi Gem236

I was'nt in the same situation as you all my egg collections & tranfsers were done in Liverpool, however i can also recommend Liverpool, they were lovely there and appointments always kept to time, easy to find once you have travelled there. 

Good luck in whatever you decide xx :)

Offline gem236

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 6/02/13, 14:29 »
    Thanks JAD for your reply!
    I will have my egg collection & transfer done in Liverpool but all my treatment and scans would be in Chester! I had my first cycle done there and I know the staff there so Im going more towards Chester again! Only thing thats making it hard to decided is I here so many more positive stories about Liverpool than Chester!
    I have been to the Liverpool unit before and its lovely but I am just so confused in what to do still, this is our last chance at the treatment so its such an important decision this time round eek!!  :-[
    Did you have some of your treatment in Chester? Was your treatment a success? :)
    Thanks for you reply it means a lot  ;D x

Offline JAD

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 6/02/13, 16:16 »
    Hi

I had all my scans done in the Wellness centre Chester and travelled to Liverpool for the procedures, sadly they didnt work but think it was down to my age.  We are travelling to Cyprus on the 13th March for Donor Eggs.  ^pray^

Good luck on your next cycle hoping everything goes to plan and you end up with your BFP. ^pray^

xxx

Offline gem236

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 6/02/13, 16:35 »
    HI JAD
    Thanks for your feedback, Im sorry to here what you have been through!
    I wish you all the luck for your tx and thanks for your help!
    xx Good Luck  ;)