* Author Topic: Deciding on a clinic  (Read 718 times)

0 Members

Offline Sweetpea123

• Gold Member
modify
Deciding on a clinic
« on: 12/04/13, 10:25 »
Hi,

Had consultations with the 3 in my signature and think each had their own pros and cons, just confused on who to choose, I've emailed them all separately now to get some more answers to my questions and then we will go from there. I am inclined towards argc but the cost and how it completely takes over ur life is ony problem I hAve. Any body have any words of wisdom?!

Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline rsm

modify
    Re: Deciding on a clinic
    « Reply #1 on: 12/04/13, 10:39 »
    Hi sweetpea,

I've had experience of ARGC and Lister. I ended up cycling with the Lister because my FSH was always too high for the ARGC.

The ARGC would cost around £15,000 a cycle wheras the Lister is considerably less.

Bear in mind that the ARGC will only treat you in a month where your FSH is 10 or below and your E2 levels are not raised. I note from your signature that your FSH was 9 at last test so you should be ok. With me, I went back 6 months in a row on CD1 each time to be tested only to be told I couldn't cycle. It wasn't until the 6th time that they told me they can't treat me so I was a bit hacked off that I wasted precious time.

My experience with the Lister has been fantastic even though I haven't got my BFP. The staff are amazing, it's clean, professional and I have nothing but good words to say about them.

The ARGC was a different experience, very, very hectic - no personal tuition for injections (I had about 20 girls learning with me) and all a bit haphazard but they do get great results so it really does depend on what type of environment you would prefer.

Me, I prefer a proper hospital type environment and personal attention which is why I'm glad I went to the Lister and didn't end up cycling at the ARGC.

Both are good but just bear in mind about the FSH levels.

That probably doesn't help you at all I know !! At the end of the day... .go with your heart and your gut - you won't go wrong with either clinic I'm sure.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

x

Offline Sweetpea123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 12/04/13, 12:15 »
    Thanks for your response! The only problem I had with the lister is the dr wants to put me on lp again and I really don't think that is good for egg quality as I have to be on highest dose but also due to low amh, the other clinics also said sp.

I have emailed him with my concerns and just awaiting a response. I must admit argc was busy and I like it a little quieter, so lister and create we're better for that! I like creates more natural approach but he didn't really mention immunes or further testing for repeated miscarriages! Got my fsh test on Monday so we will go from there! Can't do anything until af rears her ugly head!

I thought I was dead set on argc but just those little doubts! I just want to get going again! It's been nearly a year since my last go! Such a big decision to make!  Xx

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 12/04/13, 12:19 »
    I think I put my comments on your other thread. :)

I had a terrible time with them - worst outcome I've ever had.  I even bought some hand soap the other day and I couldn't work out where I remembered the smell from but I just know it kept making me want to throw up (bear in mind I am nearly 9w pg though).  I suddenly remembered it was the same soap that ARGC were using when I went there, hence the extreme reaction to it.  It's since been thrown out.

I'm happy to discuss my experience there with you via PM if you want to know more, or not if you don't - as there are many ladies who love them.  As you can probably tell, I am not one of them. ;)

Offline saracensol

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 12/04/13, 21:47 »
    Hi Sweetpea,

I seem to have read a lot of your posts recently as we obviously read similar threads. Iíve found your analysis of these three clinics really interesting as I was originally going for the Lister. Iím now with Create and 12dp2dt Ė OTD Monday Ė eekk!  ^pray^ (modified natural cycle for just one good quality egg)

Anyway, I thought Iíd drop you a post about Create. Iím quite a sensitive little soul and I find the atmosphere and staff at Create really suits me. I can always get early morning appointments for scans that as a rule run on time and the reception staff are always really cheerful and helpful Ė during stressful times these little things really help.

My first cycle there was cancelled, as my follicles didnít grow, but the consultant and nurse both handled me sensitively at that difficult point (I felt in good hands). The very next cycle it was all change and one minute things were looking good and then my follicle growth just slowed up.  The consultant wasnít beat and tweaked my drugs very last minute, resulting in two eggs being collected in the end. One egg let in two sperm as it was a little immature, but the other was transferred as a 4 cell grade one (quality I would never of dreamed of).

EC and ET as an experience were excellent, great consultant anaesthetist for sedation, fantastic embryologist, the whole team on those days were calm, professional and sensitive.  I couldnít fault them during such an important time for us. I had a tricky ET due to a retroverted uterus (tilted), but he handled it really well. I was given steroids to help with an immune issues, and blood thinners to also help implantation. I don't think this one has stuck as I have no symptoms and my gut feeling is its a negative having been pregnant before - but I just won't know until OTD and have opted for a blood test at the clinic. I will cycle again at Create straight away if its not good news.

Iíve had a really hard time coming to terms with such a shocking AMH result and I only dared hope we might one day get to ET. I liked Createís approach that us low AMH ladies have a better chance with the bodyís naturally selected egg. As I see it, this naturally selected egg is the one our body has chosen and will be the best quality egg it can find amongst those that are left Ė it gives us a chance and thatís all we can hope for.  With quality as well as quantity being my issue I just felt this would give us the best chance as a starting point. We may well have to try bringing in the big guns (like ARCG or the Lister) if all else fails.

It is a really tough decision you are making, I just wanted to give you some honest feedback on Create as I know I would have found it useful. I will be watching your story with interest in case we change clinics in the future. I wish you lots and lots of luck on your continued journey, you are really strong and your posts are a great help to everyone. 

X X

Offline Sweetpea123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 13/04/13, 21:17 »
    Hi,

Thanks for your responses!

MandyPandy- thanks for your views, it is a very tough decision choosing a clinic. we did like all 3 and are aware they all have their pro's and cons. congratulations on your pregnancy too! I just don't know what to do for the best at the moment. and please feel free to pm me with your experience.

saracensol - i have everything crossed for you for Monday!! I did like creates more natural approach and the dr was lovely and so positive, i just didn't think that due to my history of miscarriages that they wanted to investigate that more and i want to go in all guns blazing this time to say at least i did my best! so it is between lister and the argc. i think may be middle of the range...lister.. but then i've told the dr that i want to be on sp when he wanted lp because he thinks i responded beautifully the last time...yet my embryo's didn't show that and thats why i'm keen to do something different. plus i hate dr!!argc and create obviously sp, create with mild stims. with lister it will not be as in tense as argc and i do easily get frustrated and am so impatient so i can imagine how i would be at argc on a daily basis. lister can do all immunes, and tests we haven't had done anyway and then there's the cost- i guess it will be a bit cheaper than argc! however luckily we are in a position we can afford it. it's pretty scary too as both say i can start next month! eek! which is just so quick! i've been on my supplements for 6 months now so i know this cycle will show if it really is an egg quality issue which is pretty scary!

i really do thank you ladies for taking time out to respond to me, please let me know saracensol how you get on! positive vibes to you both! xxx