* Author Topic: DE fet 2xbfn 3rd time lucky with triggered natural. medical problems discussed  (Read 42609 times)

0 Members

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
Hello from Athens.

Flight was fine - few mins late as some folk had checked in luggage but not made it on the plane . So for security reasons all their bags had to come off. Kids esp ds not v impressed with 4 hours on a plane but survived it. Got cab from airport to the apartment. Told dp to not get kids out of cab till I'd found more about apartment and ideally got in so we weren't stranded in a strange city on a back street. Went round corner to knock on door - no reply. I went back round to cab to find dp6 and kids out of cab with luggage and cab drawing away. My fault for paying the cabbie I suppose.  So I proceeded to panic as phone nos kept cutting out. All ok in the end.

Mon got cab to clinic -only took 30 mins. Met ruth - lovely and great of her to come up to clinic. I had swabs done and scan showed a big corpus luteum. So I did ovulate despite my neg on ov predictor sticks used 2 to 3 x daily. Lining nice and thick and no sign any adenomysitis( ?? ) endo in uterine wall. R overy still ok no cysts so can say that to cons on 12th as means not causing pain i am getting on rhs. Dr as great discussing endo tho I dont think he quite realised how bad I am. He was also saying risks of hellp 2x higher for 2nd pregnancy ( he's obs as well as gynaecologist ) and I need bloods checked monthly from start of pregnancy and no salt at all.

Dp did his bit and all ok. Volume low at 0.7 ml but count 90million per ml so ok. 2 vials frozen.
He is of course using this to say he doesn't treat his body that badly rather than just being one of the lucky ones. I know it's me that benefits but I feel bad that he doesnt do what he should but results ok while some men do everything right. ...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    Anyway, went for a walk today. Weather awful for athens - blowing a gale. I'm getting sorer and tbh feeling quite down. I dont know how much of it is reactive to last couple of weeks, not helped by fact that kids want to go home and are acting up big style esp ds. I wanted dp to leave a sperm sample at serum too so we could do a backup donor cycle there but he says he'll come back out himself if necessary.
    It may also be pms - af due any time. Have spotting but could be from swabs yesterday. I got to see my cervix as had a camera that films your bits and shows them on a screen. Bit strange but interesting.

Oh I am also going for new endo symptoms each af. Last month if was vomiting ( used to have pre pregnancy but been fine since then) and this month it's vertigo / room spinning. I feel like I've had a few as i lie in bed. And af's not even properly here yet. Once it is I'm sure I'll get the vomiting too. At least I have some anti sickness drugs. Tho I think side effects can include vertigo. Need to check that one I think before I take any...
    wonder if I'll get a migraine this month?

Lets spin the dice and see what mother nature has in store out of her repertoire . Or will it be everything she can think of. I found a list when I was checking re the dizziness. 
    I still haven't started fainting but never fainted in my life even when in so much pain I cant move or walk and needed ambulance to hospital for iv fluids and morphine so doubt I'll start now.

Anyway, I'm hoping thatethe hot water bottle and I will still get to see some of Athens.

Do you think they'd let me in museums with it?

Time may tell :-)

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    Well, it's a month on. I have had to basically put my head down and get through one day at a time. The rest of my holiday was spent feeling ill and a lot of time was spent lying on sofa with hot water bottle.

Came home and had appt with consultant. I was still feeling grotty ond on day 12 of bleeding so burst into tears on him. He agreed i need more surgery so 2-3 month waiting list.

Fast forward through the whole 8 days i stopped bleeding for then another almost 3 week long af. Then on mon 6th jan i got phone call from hospital. There had been a cancelation mon 13th did i want it.

No points for guessing my answer to that one. Work ok with it ( i had told them i'd need more surgery and jan suits better than march ).

So my lovely consultant Dr Bjornsson operated on me for the 3rd time. Endo around r ( only ) ovary tho no endometrioma. Also right down the back of my uterus.

And adhesions +++++. Apendix, pelvis, bowel, omentum as well as ovary etc. Broken down as much as possible but will reform.

So i'm home now and not feeling too bad as long as i keep taking tramadol and paracetemol. Can't really bend over very well.

Kids started nursery last friday so just a few days pre op. In some ways timing awful. In others at least gives them something else to do and focus on and they seem to enjoy.

I've contacted ruth to get ball rolling. Consultant says i will get 6-12 months of improvement at best and advises et march/ april. Once family complete he will take everything out and fingers xd. Scary and sad to think that way but i have to.

So i'm waiting to hear of possible donor matches. I didn't want to start cycle till post op as didn't know how things would go and both financially and ethically didn't ant embryos i was unable to use if thsy had had to do a hysterectomy.

So hopefully a bit less pain soon and not to long to wait re matches.

Fingers xd .

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    Well, I'm getting there. Still sore and grotty but hey.  Actually have dr apt for fri to discuss as was talking to my sister last week who is celiac and a lot of same symptoms. Also need to get swab done.

After a pile of drama I have a donor. The clinic suddenly announced that they were changing the information you could get on the donor. This would've meant any children would have less info than my twins which I don't think is fair. She is already stimming so I was concerned that she wasn't a good match just convenient.  So I fought for the info with ruth's support and got it verbaly so all ok. So donor should get ec over the next few days hopefully

So embryos will be frozen. My plan is if bloods for coeliac or celiac ok ( if gp will do them ) do et after march af - assuming doesn't clash with easter hols as wont be able to get time off work then.

So atm wishing my donor well. She is a mum herself and has donated successfully before so she knows the ropes as it were. She's also 28.

Anyway, I've got a stinker of a cold as well as af so feeling quite grotty. Still off work but hoping to go back over next couple of weeks. Would really like to be on a few less drugs first.

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    Well, overall it's been a good couple of days. Not only did my gp agree to do the coeliac bloods even tho he thinks i dont have coeliac but he also agreed to do swab for culture and sensitivity pre et. He says that the letter from my gynae basically says he is sure there is more endo he couldn't get under the adhesions so he thinks the endo is what is still causing all the pain etc.

So have decided to try and see how I get on doing a couple of hours at work mon tues thurs - my normal work days. No way I could do a full day yet but if things aren't going to get any better no point staying off work any longer and financially better off at least doing a little. If I find I am struggling dr happy to sign me off longer but think I'll be ok so long as I only do couple of hours and keep taking the drugs.

I am a bit concerned how I will manage at et as two of the drugs I am on every day ( naproxen and tramadol ) are contraindicated in pregnancy esp 1st trimester. I can still take the paracetemol but tbh I'm just was well taking smarties. At least they taste better.
    so plan is to try and gradually wean off as I can and accustome myself to the pain. If that doesn't work I may need to go cold turkey but esp naproxen stays in the body a long time ( several days at least ) so need to stop a few days before et. It means I may have to rethink things re working round et as planned to just take couple of days off. Anywill, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

More positive news - my wonderful donor has had egg collection today. 14 lovely eggs. So I will find out tomorrow how many fertilise (icsi as standard). They will then be taken to blast and frozen using vitrification for et in a couple of months. Using the 50-70% fertilise rule gives me 7-9 embryos of which half should make it to blastocyst so hopefully 4 or 5 blasts.
    Back to debating whether to go for eset or to put two back. Will prob let the universe decide. Thaw 2 and if both survive transfer both.
    Feel quite emotional today. Hope my donor is ok and not too sore.
    it is also very different from my last fresh cycle.  Then I was being stimmed myself and had ec on the same day and was having fresh transfer. This time I am in my own house with et not for another couple of months.  I am recovering from surgery and very aware that if my frozen cycle had worked I would likely be a mummy to a newborn baby. 
    But I keep thinking about my babies to be. I am sad that my icebabies in may didn't survive but they didn't and I have to accept that and move on. The universe means my children to be to have another, slightly different , genetic heritage to their older siblings.

Anyway, I'm sending positive thoughts of love and welcome to all my eggs.

Dd was so sweet today.  I decided to tell them a bit of what was happening,  so if I was a bit funny/emotional/checking emails they would not worry. Not a lot of people's way of doing things i know,  and I am sure many would disapprove.  I just told them how, just like a lady gave her eggs in Cyprus which the doctors put with daddy's sperm into mummy's uterus which grew into them, that today in Athens another lady was giving eggs which might in the future be a little brother or sister.
    I had the request for a sister.
    I then got a big hug and a kiss and she said little baby not work, refering to Cyprus in may. I said it may not work again and she told me that i had her and her brother and that made me happy. So sweet.

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    No update on fertilisation.  I assume as is a sunday clinic not open. Trying to not think about it too much and be patient. I'm sure I'll hear tomorrow. Just have to keep fingers xd all going well.

Dp same as usual. I told him donor had ec. He has not asked for any details re anything including egg no etc and is showing no interest in the whole thing.  So nothing new there then.
    I also had a really sore head this morning. He suggested I take some painkillers for it.  I asked what he suggested considering the concoction i am already on.  He didn't even have the decency to look embarrassed. I suppose I should be happy he listened to me saying I had a headache enough to comment.

Anyway, work tomorrow. Not sure what to say to everyone when they ask how I am. Don't really want to go into everything wih everyone so think first line answer may be "geting there". It's vague enough to not be untrue as I don't really do the lying thing but without giving lots of details. And if by there you mean pregnancy hopefully it is true and my baby/ies are developing as I write.

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    11 fertilised so happy with that. I will hear more later about grading etc.
    I'm a bit worried about that as between dp's smoking and drinking  last time out of 12 embryos only had 4 grade 1 and 8 were grade 2. But the 2 grade 1 de embies I had transferred did become my twins so I have to hold onto that.

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    All 11 embryos are dividing well and are top grade today. I will find out more tomorrow.

I've been working out pos et dates for april. Looks like I need to try and swap a sat working as it is right in the middle of my pos et time depending on cycle length.

Work was ok . Ended up doing just over 3 hours. Was a bit difficult when people kept asking if I was a lot better than pre op. I decided no point in lying and said no but still early days.

Keep growing little embies. Mummy loves you.

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    Well day 3 and all 11 embryos still dividing. 8 x 8 cell 1x6 cell and 2x 5 cell, all with very little/no fragmentation.  So I'm a happy bunny.

no update tomorrow so will next hear on Thursday.  I am waiting to hear about what criteria they have for freezing

Keep dividing and developing little embies. Mummy loves you.

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    Hope my embies are doing ok. Thinking of you little ones.

x x