* Author Topic: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**  (Read 187043 times)

0 Members

Offline Myra

• Volunteer
modify
**Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**
« on: 19/03/13, 14:57 »
Hello all

Welcome to you new home

:)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline HazelW

• Gold Member
    • www.talktotheanimals.org.uk
    modify
    Re: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**
    « Reply #1 on: 19/03/13, 15:28 »
    Lets hope this thread has better luck than the last one!

Offline Faith 2011

• Gold Member
    • Praying for a rainbow baby.
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 20/03/13, 00:10 »
     ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^reiki^ ^pray^
    To all FET ladies on this new fresh and positive thread.

Offline Posie

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 21/03/13, 09:07 »
    Is anyone else in their 2 week wait after FET? I've just had a 5 day blast put back and OTD is GOod Friday...

Offline traace

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 25/03/13, 16:21 »
    Hi all, I know it's a bit early for me to jump on here - our next round of FET won't be until May - but after a rough time on our last FET (when I decided that I would be fine without the support of a chatgroup - foolish me!) with a BFP then miscarriage at 6 weeks, I've decided to be proactive this time!  So, I had a wee squizz at the previous thread, and it seems like there was a really bad run of luck over the past month or two, fingers crossed the winds of luck will change with this thread (and you never know, the seasons might too - when the snow finally stops!).  Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Offline Esha82

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 25/03/13, 19:10 »
    Hay Ladies, Hope you dont mind me posting as new on this site.

About to start a natural FET.  Bloods start on the 1st.  Anybody else doing a natural FET?  This will be my second one.  The first one I have a lovely 2 year old from.

Wishing you all lots of luck

Esha

x x x

Offline Angel79

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 25/03/13, 21:18 »
    Hi ladies

So pleased this post is here! I have started process for FET and currently on day 4 of tablets - have had intramuscular injection and subsequent aunt flo.

Next scan is tuesday with transfer likely to be 10 april.

Getting really angsty aboutour 2 frosties- will they / wont they defrost!?!

Offline traace

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 25/03/13, 22:52 »
    Posie, I have my fingers and toes crossed for good news for you at Easter! 

Esha, we went straight into a medicated FET cycle, but I am considering asking if I can do a natural cycle next time.  I found the drugs quite tough (remembering them 5x per day was tough too!), the HRT made me really tired.  Have you done both medicated and natural FET cycles, or just natural?

Angel, GCRM told us that there was more than an 80% chance that our blasts would defrost ok, and the one we tried did (and started hatching before transfer).  Fingers crossed with two embies you guys should be fine :)

Offline Esha82

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 26/03/13, 08:04 »
    Hi Traace, This will be our 3rd FET, first was a medicated and I to found it really hard going.  It seemed to take as long as IVF and the HRT is really heavy going.  It did work and we got our BFP but I miscarried at 6 weeks.  My clinic dont like doing natural FET's really as I am way up in the highlands and it can mean a last minute dash with bloods sent in the post but they agreed in the end, I already had a son from a previous relationship so I trusted my body to know what it needed to do and they agreed.  And I found it fantastic.  And we got our lovely 2 year old girl from that natural so thats why I prefer it.  Are you in Glasgow?

Good Luck with your transfer Angel, Fingers crossed for you.

Posie, hope your 2ww is going ok, fingers crossed for your BFP

x x x x

Offline SSC

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 26/03/13, 13:40 »
    Hi ladies,

I just wanted to wish you all best of luck.

We are now thinking about our first frozen embryo transfer. I think we will do it next month or May time.  I was just wondering how strict I need to be preparing.

When we did our previous 3 fresh cycles I was so strict with my diet. High protein, no caffeine or alcohol etc.  My diet is still healthy but I'm beginning to wonder if I will be OK to enjoy the occasional glass of red wine before we start the cycle. Obviously I'll knock it all on the head when we actually start.

What do you ladies think? X