* Author Topic: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**  (Read 200491 times)

0 Members

Offline Angel79

• Un-Ranked
modify
Re: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**
« Reply #10 on: 26/03/13, 20:32 »
Hi ladies,

Thanks for comments about defrsost rate - we've been told 60% but prefer 80!

Hey SSC - ive put myself under less pressure than i have with the iuis and ivfs, although since starting meds for FET i'm on no booze and dont drink caffeine anyway. Apart from chocolate im pretty healthy and eating lots of veg and protein, also 3 brazil nuts a day (selenium) and folic acid.

Im trying not to stress so much but is easier said than done!

We've also stopped acupuncture which have been doing for nearly years. I think it helped me destress but lost faith in it somewhat after so many BFNs.

Our councillor a while ago said a glass of red is fine as it increases blood supply to your uterus - she is an ex fertility nurse so knows what she is talking about! I think so long as you dont overdo it and have a good balance youll be fine. Especially if It relaxes you - thats also important.

Baby dust to u all xxxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline simi0100

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 26/03/13, 21:39 »
    Dear ladies - hope you don't mind me joining you...I am back after almost a year away from the site as I had a miscarriage (I was 9 weeks) and just wanted some time out.  I am now ready for our next FET and we had our consultation this morning at Guys ACU and I am feeling ready to try again and am more positive this time!  I am a little anxious as we only have one embie in storage and it will be our last funded cycle so I am keeping fingers and toes crossed!  ^pray^

Wishing everyone on here all the best and looking forward to getting to know you all!

Simi xx

^fairydust^

Offline traace

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 26/03/13, 23:29 »
    Nice to see a lovely wee group forming :)

Esha, thanks for the info about the medicated v natural cycles, I also miscarried at 6 weeks while on meds, so am wondering whether to change tactic for our next FET (we have only one embie left in storage, but will consider another fresh round if no luck).  We are in Edinburgh, but GCRM seemed to have a good reputation when we looked at different clinics, so we travel up there for any major procedures (EC/ET).  Bloods and monitoring (not pg) scans can be done in Edinburgh, so it works out not too badly. 

SSC, we might be cycling at the same time, we are aiming for FET in May.

Simi, I am so sorry about your loss.  Well done for regrouping and coming back to it with a positive attitude.  Good luck!

Offline Jen2012

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 27/03/13, 10:41 »
    Hi ladies. 
    Sorry for jumping in but have been following but not posting on here but have on other threads.  I am currently 6 days past a 5 day transfer of 2 embryos and I was just wondering if any of you could let me know any symptons I should be having.  I don't seem to have anything as yet apart from back ache and trouble sleeping but this is not unusual for me.  I have had no spotting or anything although I am expecting it.  Is it good I have nothing or should I be worried?  test date is 2nd April. 

Offline hope82

• Would give anything to be a mom x
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 27/03/13, 13:47 »
    Hi Ladies,

Hope you are well and having a good day  :)

I am currently on day 7 DR with our first FET. Looking at 4th April for my first scan. Just seeing if there is anyone else around the same as me in there cycle?

Love Amy xxx

Offline jamsponge

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 27/03/13, 19:53 »
    Hello all, doing artificial FET, on day 2 of DR.

Offline Angel79

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #16 on: 29/03/13, 13:29 »
    Hi Amy / hope82! I have first scan on 2 April with transfer likely on the 10th April. We have 2 blasts in freezer. have u any side effects\/ my ovaries are mildly cramping no and then but have been since our last ivf in december. thinkthats because I had 5 treatments (IUI and IVF) in less than a year.

wishing you all the luck in the world Jen2012 that all your symptoms are positive ones. I reckon try not to analyse symptoms too much. I know its easier said than done. Sending you all the luck in the world

tracee and simi - i so sorry for your sad news and hope that this will be your time.

Posie - praying for good news for you today

Esha - not long now till you start. hoping it is a shorter cycle for you this time.

xx

Offline Posie

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 29/03/13, 19:13 »
    Thank you all for your kind wishes! Just finished my first frozen cycle and got a BFP this morning... nervous as the last ivf in Dec ended in a missed m/c and we had the worst Christmas. At least for now it's good news for Easter. Pretty crampy but was similar last time round, guess it's the womb expanding or something.

Jen, symptoms-wise I've been tired, achy and feeling queasy when hungry.

Hope you're all ok and coping with whatever waiting you're having to do (so much waiting in this process!)
    xx

Offline Posie

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 29/03/13, 19:14 »
    ps best of luck to everyone else on this thread x

Offline MrsHY

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 30/03/13, 07:26 »
    Hello
    It's been ages since I've been on here- I was finding it very tough to cope. But, I thought I would share a story of hope- at present- and I know it's super early days- I'm pregnant!
    As you will see from my signature, I previously had two FETs with two excellent quality blasts both times, with not a whiff of a BFP. I was rapidly losing hope. I changed clinic and there was plenty different about this cycle which may have affected the outcome, but it also just could have been plain old luck! What was different: Hysteroscopy 2 months before, natural cycle, daily clexane and aspirin (as had tests which showed a prothrombin mutation), an IVIG (as high natural killer cells), a complete conviction it hadn't worked- even, I have to admit, a large glass of red wine in the 2ww!
    The two embies used were a 3bb and 2bb, we think it was 2bb that stuck as it survived the thaw with 80% of its cells intact versus 60%. But, compare that to the 100% survived 5ab x 2 we had transferred on our first cycle and it is surprising.
    As for symptoms, I had NOTHING. Zip. Nada. Kept desperately poking my boobs wanting them to hurt, checking my knickers for spotting, seeing if I felt tired, but no! So don't worry if you don't get symptoms, it's meaningless.
    So, just hoping and praying we get through to the heartbeat scan now and that everything's ok. Really hope so.
    Good luck everyone x