* Author Topic: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**  (Read 200485 times)

0 Members

Offline MrsC78

• Gold Member
modify
Re: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**
« Reply #110 on: 22/04/13, 18:50 »
Hi ladies

Mross -I should hopefully start on progynova tablets this week. I started provera on 3 April for 7 days, started buserlin on 5 April. My af was. Due last mon/ tues but only showed up on Saturday!!!  I had a blood test this morning and my oestrogen level was less than 18, I'm not sure if thisis good or not as the clinic closed by time i got my results. I am doing a GEEP cycle, this is my first FET cycle and much more confusing than ICSI. My clinc normal start my day one on a Saturday/ Sunday, I start taking progynova this week and will continue this until week 9 of pregnancy!!!!  I think ET will be 14 may.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Angel79

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #111 on: 23/04/13, 14:32 »
    Thank you all so much for your lovely words. They mean so much to me. This forum has been a lifesaver - thank you everyone  ^hugme^

Hey Summer - I know it is soooo horrible the waiting but it does (eventually) come round. It does your head in but you are bound to read something into every twinge - or lack of feeling! I certainly did! I have no symptoms now and panicking - have to wait over 2 weeks for a scan and they dont do bloods at our clinic. We can't help worrying and reading too much into things - we all want it so much. But we shouldnt be so hard on ourselves.

Mross - my AF was later than normal too. Think its all the meds! I was on a medicated cycle and had an intramuscular injection, then waited till AF came (16 days later) and had another appt (scan) 3 days later and started progynova. After taking that for about 2 and a half weeks I started cyclogest (progesterone pessaries) and five days later had the FET procedure. So about 5 and a half weeks in total. So don't worry that sounds normal. they wouldn't jeopardise your treatment for moving - they'd find a way round it if they needed to.

Bit gross but BIG TIP for anyone doing cyclogest pessaries.... I did them front end (sorry!) for my 2 IUIs and 2 IVFs and was pretty messy. But did them the other end this time and sooooooo much better. No leakage whatsoever - made me so much happier.

Lots of love and hugs x

Offline pmc

modify
    « Reply #112 on: 23/04/13, 14:49 »
    Hi all.
    Thought I would gate crash your thread if you don't mind. I havnt read everything on here as there are loads of posts. Good luck to all of you, whichever stage you're at.

Congratulations Angel on your BFP, wonderful news. Xx

This is my first ever FET cycle. Have 3 frostie babies waiting for me. I've been on buserelin injections for 18 days now, have a downreg scan tomorrow, hoping all is well, then I'll start on progynova.

Feel completely fine so far with the drugs, but I know I'll be n emotional wreck once I'm on progynova, cusi was last time, cry at everything. Worried about my blast babies not surviving the thaw.

Offline queenie7

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #113 on: 23/04/13, 15:53 »
    Hi all!
    Angel thats fantastic!!! Ive just come home from the ET and feeling pretty good. Both embryos thawed fine and they were both good quality so were hoping for the best!!! Now those 2 darned weeks to wait. Hoping im not gonna go crazy! Has anyone of you tried eating the core of a pineapple after ET? I thought for sure the doctors and nurses at the clinic had heard about it (if only from other patients) but none of them had heard of it and looked at me like i was mad lol
    Good luck all keep us posted and enjoy the sunshine!! X

Offline mross

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #114 on: 23/04/13, 22:17 »
    Hi girls,

MrsC - oh my goodness your cycle sounds complicated as well!  Its a nightmare isn't it!  I called the clinic to triple check and they confirmed that normally when people are on Progynova it takes longer than 2 weeks to build the lining so they scan after over two weeks, so Im on them till 9th May, then if scan shows all good I stop synarel, keep taking progynova and start progesterone, then transfer will be w/c 13th May, as mines is a 6 day blasto transfer is looking to be Thursday of that week.  So all in all this cycle will be 7 weeks or so....a lot longer than my fresh cycle which was about 5 weeks.  Then I take the progynova and progesterone up to 12 weeks preggers if all works.  I do not understand it all lol!  I only had to take progesterone for 10 weeks in my fresh ivf that worked, but maybe because I miscarried that's why they would keep me on them.  I just pray I get pregnant!!! 

Angel - Hope you are resting up!!!!  Good news on the cyclogest.  I hated them last cycle as I didn't get the option to go anywhere but up the loo loo!  They were so messy which was fine but I found that they irritated my womb and so I had a lot of old blood etc that freaked me out DAILY.  This time they have given me the "bum bullets" so im looking forward to them going somewhere else and heard lots that they are way easier to take.

Queenie - Oh well done!  Fingers and toes crossed.  Remember and take it easy just now.  So exciting im sure it will work!!!!  I hated the blasted 2 week wait though, I think I started testing at day 6 lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PMC - Hi hun, we are cycling fairly similar! This is my first FET as well, I started synarel on 1st April to down reg and started my progynova on Sunday so im now in womb lining building stage!  Due to go in for my first lining scan on 9th May but transfer wont be until w/c 13th May - my clinic are moving so im cycling longer than most grrr!  I too have 3 little frosties!  2 at day 5 and 1 at day 6 - we are hoping Day 6 survives the thaw and that's what we will use.  What days are your frosties at???  How are you finding the down reg....I suffered big time and still exhausted....I hate all these drugs!!

AFM -knackered lol!  THink progynova finaly kicking in a bit but still feel anxious and mad on all these drugs!!!! xx

Offline pmc

modify
    « Reply #115 on: 23/04/13, 23:00 »
    Hi mross.
    Ohhh, that's a long time of cycling for you. These progynova tabs do play havoc with you.
    My 3 frosties are day 5 blast, these were left from my previous fresh cycle where I got a BFP, but I miscarried at 8 weeks, so hoping these will get me further on.

Looks as though we may be having ET similar time. It's such a nerve wracking time x

Offline MrsC78

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #116 on: 24/04/13, 07:42 »
    Hi

Mross and PCM - it looks like we are all close it dates. I do not have any scans on my cycle only blood tests.

I had my first blood test yesterday and my oestradiol level is below 18 which means I can now start my geep cycle. I'm waiting for a email from clinic to confirm dates I can start, I think it will be Saturday. I'm hoping to come to UK on saturday 11th may, blood test Monday and ET Tuesday. My frosties are all 3 day transfer, I've been lucky to get a BFP both cycles so just hope this is the s,e and it stays!!!

The 13 may seems so long away!

Angel - congratulations on you  ^BFP^

Queenie hope the 2ww goes quick

Offline mross

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #117 on: 24/04/13, 11:40 »
    Hi girls,

PMC - Im so sorry to hear of your loss from the last cycle.  Sadly I was the same hun, we got BFP from October cycle and heartbeat seen at 8 weeks but then at 12 week scan in Jan id had missed miscarriage and they said it looked to be at about 8 weeks, because it was a missed miscarriage my body didn't realise or understand what was happening so it kept on being pregnant, so I had to have a ERPC done.  All very crap isn't it.  I am good though but still have very bad days about it all.  Just praying this works properly this time.

Mrs C78 - I know the 13th seems FOREVER away!!!!!  I took voluntary redundancy in December as Id just IVF cycled and was pregnant anyway and decided it would be best to take it easy (I work in advertising to super stressful targeted job with lots of driving)!  I didn't want to get another job as thought id be best to do IVF without the stress of a new job, but now im so BORED!!!!!  And of course cant spend very much money as all our savings are for if we have our little baby so the days seem to drag just now!!!! Its awful!!!  My clinic only do scans, no blood tests so they go on what they see their, but every clinic is different.

Lots of love
    Maria x

Offline Floss39

modify
    « Reply #118 on: 24/04/13, 12:27 »
    Queenie - great that your transfer went well, congrats on being PUPO!!  I have heard that about pineapple, it;s the bromelin in it - apparently juice not from concentrate is good as well - but not too much.

Angel I hope you are taking it easy - do you have an early scan booked?

to the rest of you I hope the time flies by until you get going.

Offline pmc

modify
    « Reply #119 on: 24/04/13, 14:01 »
    Mross its such a difficult thing to go through isn't it, you get so far to get your BFP, your emotions are high then it's like a kick in the stomach.

Mrsc78, keeping everything crossed for you that it all goes smoothly. X

I've had a downreg scan today and they have found a small cyst in one of my ovaries, I should be starting the progynova today, but I've got to wait for a call off the clinic to let me know if I can start them after the consultant has seen my scan pic.
    Does anyone know what will happen if I can't get to the next stage? Will the cycle be cancelled, or will they wait until next week when I have not her scan booked.
    Havnt had a cyst before so I'm quite worried. Xx