* Author Topic: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**  (Read 187519 times)

0 Members

Offline Faith 2011

• Gold Member
  • Praying for a rainbow baby.
modify
Re: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**
« Reply #130 on: 25/04/13, 23:31 »
Hello ladies
 ^hugme^ Massive hugs Summer. It truly is heartbreaking. I hope you've been kind to yourself.

Thank you for the warm welcome ladies.

Mross- I'm just going through a redundancy process myself now. Trying to decide what to do about finding another job. My current plan is to religiously play the lottery.  ;D

MrsC78- hard but try not to feel too guilty. Baby comes first. Just a few weeks to go!

Pmc- I hope the cyst shrinks now you've stopped d/r drugs.

AFM: 3 days in and not going crazy but symptom spotting has started. Everything could/couldn't mean I'm pregnant ^idiot^ . One week to go.

Love and baby dust. x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline pmc

modify
    « Reply #131 on: 26/04/13, 08:56 »
    Hi faith.
    The 2ww is soooo difficult, could easily go loopy within that time. Symptom spotting can definately drive you crazy.
     "Oh, I think I felt something move"'
    "Just had a twinge, a cramping feeling"
    "My boob feels a little tender".... Etc etc  ::)

Keeping everything crossed for you Faith.  ^pray^ ^reiki^

Offline Floss39

modify
    « Reply #132 on: 26/04/13, 09:45 »
    Summer, so sorry to hear you got a BFN, mind yourself pet.

Faith - great that your transfer went well, your 2WW feels short in comparison to mine, I've to wait till sunday 5th as had a day 3 transfer last sunday.

I've got a distraction for the 2WW - a very unwelcome one in that my MIL has only been given a short time to live, she's been sick for a while, but was admitted to hospital 2 weeks ago & following an operation yesterday there is nothing that can be done for her.  Apparently it's only a matter of days, it's so sad as she is really lovely, but at 83 has had a long & healthy life, but we really don;t want her to go.  Can;t help thinking of the circle of life, my DH said yesterday that we would tell her about the IVF as she would be delighted that we have this hope and I know there would be no better woman to have a word in the right ear when she gets where she's going.

Offline pmc

modify
    « Reply #133 on: 26/04/13, 10:21 »
    That's so sad floss, sorry to hear this terrible news. I've been in a similar situation myself with my Dad a few years back now. It's not an easy time watching a loved one slip away.

I think it's a lovely idea to let your MIL know about your Ivf, like you said, a word in the ear won't do any harm. She will always look after you, if she is with you physically or not.

In August last year I had my 6th ET cycle and, the day I had it transferred I had to use utrogestron pessaries every evening. Once I put them in I lay down for half hour (only because they'd fall out). I used to read a book during this time. Then on that first evening the light kept flickering, didnt think much of it at the time. Following few evenings same happened again, so got light bulb changed. Flickered again next time, but this time, I felt the side of the bed sink downwards, as if someone had sat on it. Then I felt my hair on my forehead being brushed. Then I knew who it was, my mum, (she had passed away 19 yrs ago) she always used to do that when she was looking after me, and trying o relax me. Next day was THE TEST day, I got my first ever BFP.
    I'm convinced she was with me during my 2ww. You may think me a bit loopy, but it helped me through.
    Unfortunately I miscarried at 8 weeks.

I'm jst sharing this with you floss, as there is always hope, and your dear MIL will always be looking out for you.
    Take care.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline Summer13

modify
    « Reply #134 on: 26/04/13, 10:44 »
    Hi everyone,

thanks for all your kind words. It's been a really tough time for us over the last few years since we started ivf and particularly now, we are exhausted by it all. Would love to think we could carry on but i'm not sure where we go from here. Because we had so many embryos to freeze after our last cycle we hoped we would never have to go through a full cycle again, but having just had three fet's fail in a row, i'm not at all confident that any of our other frosties will work either. Also, do we stick with the same clinic (ours doesnt have the best statistics - but lovely staff), can we transfer our frozen embryos to another clinic - but is there any point in that, should we have a third fresh cycle of ivf - can we afford it? - so many thoughts going round in my head - is there more to life? Finding this one particularly hard to get my head around.

Love to everyone - sorry for the rather depressing message xxx

Offline Floss39

modify
    « Reply #135 on: 26/04/13, 11:00 »
    PMC, thanks for telling me that story - I also believe as you do that these special people in our lives are looking after us, my little boy is for sure minding me.  That's lovely that you felt your mother so close to you at that time, I hope that she can help you again. 

Summer, am so sorry that you are in this position and after so much hope with all your embryos, I know you hoped not to have to, but I think you probably are looking at a new cycle and as to you clinic you need to so what is right for you - I know it helps when the staff are lovely, but for you that is no good, you need the best care you can get.  Do you live somewhere that there is a choice of clinics?

Offline pmc

modify
    « Reply #136 on: 26/04/13, 12:08 »
    Hi Summer, its such a tough decision to make, but one I feel you can't fully make until you've given yourself time away from everything fertility. For years i have been having Ivf with my own eggs, and constantly kept getting a bfn, it was heartbreaking. My consultant at the time suggested using donor eggs, but I brushed that aside because I wanted my own biological child. So went away and thought about it. Still couldn't come to a decision. So I took a year away from it all. It was the best decision I made. It gave me chance to look at it all from a different prospective. We eventually researched different clinics and opted to use "care" and went on a very short waiting list for DE. We got our very first BFP from that and have 3 FE at 5 day blast stage waiting for us.
    So just give yourself time to think, don't rush at anything, then whichever decision you make, will be the right one for you. Sending you lots of  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Ahh Floss, bless your little boy. I'm sure he is always around you x

Offline Summer13

modify
    « Reply #137 on: 26/04/13, 13:43 »
    Thanks everyone, guess i do just need to give myself some time off from thinking about it. Trouble is i just want to get on with it again - my partner does feel quite the same way - but i am exhausted and probably in all honesty can't cope with making any decisions at the moment.

Anyone ever had any problems getting their embryos to blastocyst stage? On our first cycle of icsi we had 20 embryos so decided to try and get them to blastocysts stage - we ended up with only two Morula and no blasts, it was a disaster. Second time around we decided we didnt want to risk trying to get them to blastocyst stage so opted for a day three transfer. I did get pregnant from this but later miscarried. Anyway, we froze 15 (sorry i'm rambling now!) day three embryos and we have been using these up. I wish now that we had tried to get them to blast as i feel we would be in a much better position if we had blastos in the freezer. Our clinic had only just started doing blastocyst culture so maybe they just weren't very good at it!

Sorry to bring so much negativity to this thread - will feel positive again soon i'm sure. Just need to know that there is some hope. I'm only 34 so i guess i'm in no hurry but ive always so wanted to be a mum and i'm finding it really hard to see what else there is in life! moan moan

Going to go and do some gardening. Looking forward to going back to work Monday xxx

Offline Faith 2011

• Gold Member
    • Praying for a rainbow baby.
    modify
    « Reply #138 on: 27/04/13, 12:15 »
    Hi Summer. It's good to have a place to ramble otherwise you just go round in your head driving yourself crazy! Not sure if it helps but this is what I've decided. I like you had a good number of embies from second IVF. Fortunately they were all blasts. I had my twins from them but I'm losing hope that my frosties will work again. I'm also 34 and decided that if this FET doesn't work I'll do another fresh cycle leaving two frosties where they r. Fingers crossed I'll get a good number again.

Thinking of you and your family Floss.

AFM: I'm now 6 days post 5 day transfer. Got a butterfly feeling in uterus and its driving my mad trying to work out if its a good sign.  ^idiot^

Happy Saturday all. X

Offline Angel79

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #139 on: 27/04/13, 17:50 »
    Hi ladies.

Summer I am So sorry it hasn't worked this time. Its such a hard decision to know whether to carry oboe give yourself a break. I like u kept wanting to keep going hence did 5 treatments of Iui and ivf last year. My eggs are poor quality but the last one we had left in the freezer was the one that worked. There is still hope but only u know if u r strong enough to go again. and please don't apologise. That is the whole purpose of this thread - for us to listen. We understand and are here for u.

Hello and welcome Faith, I'm crossing eveything for u. Lots of baby dust!

Floss hope u r doing ok. Sorry you are going through a terrible time. Life can be so cruel.

I hope u don't mind me staying on this thread. All of u are and have  been amazing.

Hugs to all xxxx