* Author Topic: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**  (Read 200489 times)

0 Members

Offline midlands lass

modify
Re: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**
« Reply #140 on: 28/04/13, 11:54 »
Hi everyone

Sorry for not replying sooner. Been a busy time. Had my interview and did not get the job.  :(

Started  the progynova on Sunday last week but by Weds was getting pains in my legs. Ignored it and then called up hospital yesterday as it was getting worse. They said stop so could be safe etc. Had a cry and stopped taking pills yesterday. Legs feeling a bit better today so will call them on Monday and see if there are any other options other than progynova. Will of course have to start all over again if I do try again. The drugs were also making me really tired. Anyone else had similar experiences?

Sorry to everyone who has been having a bad time recently. Thinking of you X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Summer13

modify
    « Reply #141 on: 28/04/13, 14:07 »
    Hello everyone, feel like i shouldn't really be posting on here now that i'm not currently cycling! Thanks for all your kind words. I've been feeling okay since Thursday really, keeping myself busy doing tiling in the kitchen, but today i am feeling a little down Have been doing lots of thinking about what to do next, but might just have some time off over the summer as i know my partner won't be very kean to do it all again soon - i on the other hand probably will feel ready to do it all again in the next few weeks - but that's how it's been all along - a bit of a battle on my part to get my partner interested again - he finds it all so hard.

Faith, hope you don't mind me asking but youve been through so much how have you found the strength to keep trying? Hope doesn't sound utterly depressing? Probably a silly thing to ask - it's not like we really have a choice if we want a baby is it, i'm just finding it hard to know whether or not it's worth carrying on - of course i would if i knew we would get the outcome we wanted eventually.

Hope you all don't mind me posting on what should really be a very positive thread?

xxx

Offline KKH

modify
    « Reply #142 on: 28/04/13, 16:37 »
    Hi Summer, I'm so sorry that you didn't get your bfp this time  ^hugme^ and that you've been having a bit of a tough time, it really is an emotional journey isn't it.  Stay on this thread as I think we are all at different stages and it doesn't matter,it's just really nice to be able to talk to people who are feeling the same things and understand what you are going through.  I'm not cycling at the moment either since ours was abandoned.

I completely get the being exhausted by it all, I feel like I've developed bipolar disorder as I go from good day to bad day, it's difficult for my husband to keep up.  I think that is what makes them nervous about trying again is that they see how upset we are when it hasn't worked and they want to save us the heartache, not that they are not interested.

It might be nice to have a bit of a break from it for a little while, but only you and your partner can decide what is best for you.  There is always hope, there are some amazing stories on here. We'll all get there in the end xx

Angel, good to hear from you, I hope you are keeping well xx

Midlands lass, sorry you did not get the job ^hugme^ and that they have stopped your meds.  I didn't respond to the progynova so they have stopped my cycle, next time they have suggested either a natural cycle or to use chlomid.

Faith, hello and congratulations on being pupo  ^reiki^

Floss, sorry to hear about your MIL, I hope you are keeping well.  Still sending positive thoughts your way  ^reiki^   ^reiki^  xx

Hi to everyone else xx

Offline MrsC78

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #143 on: 28/04/13, 21:54 »
    Hi ladies

Midlands lass - sorry you've had to stop taking the drugs, is that a definite that you cycle has been cancelled? What sort of pains were you getting? I've been getting lower back pain and headaches since I started the progynova. Why did they have to cancel? What are they worried about?

Summer - I know what you mean about talking our partners around, I really had to convince my dh in November. Good luck for whatever you decide.

KKH - sorry can I ask what you mean by not responding to progynova? What is it suppose to do? I think if this doesn't work I'm going to ask to do natural next time. Medicated is so long winded and haven't felt great the last few days.

Afm I've booked a nice spa hotel in the new forest for when we come over. Does anyone know if I can use the facilities the day before ET and is it ok to have a massage etc.

Offline pmc

modify
    « Reply #144 on: 29/04/13, 09:02 »
    Midlands lass. Have you been on progynova on any previous cycles? I have been really tired on them and my moods have been all over the place. They were on a previous cycle too. Hope the clinic can come up with an alternative for you, or maybe a natural cycle without drugs.

Summer, that's what these forums are for, we are all on the same bumpy ride together and we know how it all feels. Hope you get to some agreement with DH that you're both happy with. But still, give yourself a little bit of time.

KKH. Do you know what you're plans are next? Do you think it's the drugs that could be having some effect on you're emotions, even though you've stopped them, maybe still in your system somehow,  as mine are all over the place at the moment. One minute I'm laughing and joking, the next I want to tear someone's throat out. It's awful.

MrsC78, ohhhhh a spa, I think a massage will do you the world of good. Get you all relaxed before your ET. Think I'll book myself a massage now!!!

Dreading my scan on Fri, hoping the cyst on my ovary has gone or become smaller, otherwise, I don't know what will happen next. I've already started the progynova on wed, so it looks like they could abandon it if the cyst is still there.

Offline Faith 2011

• Gold Member
    • Praying for a rainbow baby.
    modify
    « Reply #145 on: 29/04/13, 10:00 »
    Midlandslass- sorry about the job and about the progynova. I've taken it for 5 fet cycles and I've never experienced that problem. I once developed lumps in my breasts, GP said fine so I was able to continue. I hope they give you good news today.

Summer- no idea how I carry on. It's simply the aching desire to bring my baby home. I've been lucky enough to get the BFP's, have the scans and the joy of being pregnant. I suppose having got so far I feel such a drive and determination to get there again. It's always raw straight after. If its right for you to continue the desire will drive you forward.

Pmc- I hope that cyst is shrinking.

Hello everyone else & happy Monday.

AFM: not feel positive today. Woke up with night sweats which for me is the sign that it hasn't worked.  :'( . Doing blood test on Thursday so still a few days to go but I've given up already. I'd already decided that if it doesn't work I'll move and do a fresh cycle at ARGC. Problem, is the cost! Argh where is that rainbow?!!!

Offline pmc

modify
    « Reply #146 on: 29/04/13, 11:51 »
    Faith, please don't feel it's failed and lose heart. I know it's a difficult time this 2ww and you over think symptoms of all kinds. But remember, not all cycles are the same as each other, such as pregnancies aren't either. Just try to keep as calm as possible.
    Good luck for Thursday  ^pray^ ^hugme^ ^reiki^

Offline Faith 2011

• Gold Member
    • Praying for a rainbow baby.
    modify
    « Reply #147 on: 29/04/13, 19:08 »
    Thanks pmc. It's DP's birthday today and we're going for dinner. I was thinking of having some red wine but after your PMA boost I'll hold off. xxx

Offline KKH

modify
    « Reply #148 on: 29/04/13, 20:26 »
    Evening all

MrsC78 - My understanding (which is limited) of progynova is that it is supposed to help to thicken the lining of the womb ready for embryo transfer on the frozen cycle, but it didn't seem to work for me, the best I could manage was 6.6mm after 16 days of taking it and then it reduced back down to 4mm the following week. 
    I can't answer your spa question I'm afraid, I would imagine that you could use most of the facilities and a massage is probably a nice thing to do before transfer, but probably best to check with your clinic to be sure - sounds lovely though, I hope you enjoy it.

Pmc - I think without doubt that the drugs are playing havoc with my emotions and if I'm honest, I'm still reeling from my sister in laws pregnancy news.  It's good that we have this site to share our feelings, I did chuckle at you wanting to rip peoples throats out  ;D
    My plans at the moment are a little vague, I have to wait for a withdrawal bleed from the abandoned cycle, which they tell me normally happens within a couple of weeks of stopping progynova, then I've to contact them when AF arrives.  So I guess I'm looking at 5-8 weeks, and I just need to decide whether to go for a natural cycle or to use clomid.  I don't really know much about clomid, so if anyone has any information or opinions I would be interested to hear them. 

I hope all goes well with your scan on Friday and that your cyst has gone.

Faith - Step away from the wine  :)  Enjoy your evening out x  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Offline pmc

modify
    « Reply #149 on: 29/04/13, 21:12 »
    KKH, I don't know anything about clomid either, I've only used cetrotide or progynova.
    I'm supposed to go to my great nieces christening on Sunday, not looking forward to it at all. There will be 3 new borns there as well as 2 heavily pregnant woman too. My family are expanding and I havnt helped towards it which I'm finding difficult :-(
    A close friend of mine has just had a second child on Fri and another close friend is due in 2 weeks. I think I'll lock myself away on Sunday and not go to the christening, don't think my emotions can take it.
    So I can see where you're coming from, with getting a bit ratty with people. Who can blame us.