* Author Topic: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**  (Read 195634 times)

0 Members

Offline gillian1

modify
Re: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**
« Reply #220 on: 11/05/13, 15:27 »
PMC and MrsC78 congratulations on being PUPO. Try to rest as much as you can. x
Mross the DR makes the process seem so much longer.  How many do you plan on putting back? (sorry if you have answered this before).
Queenie HUGE congratulations on being pregnant. How amazing. Happiest parking ticket you will ever get! (you should keep that ticket for the babies memory box).
Skyblue79 welcome, 10 frosties that is great. What time is your scan on Monday.
Pesente is that 5 days after the 23rd?
I had a super lie in this morning and it has left me feeling worse! I blame the tablets, they are nasty. Have my lining scan on Monday and armed with a load of questions as I really do not know what to expect. Thanks for all the info re ET.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MrsC78

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #221 on: 11/05/13, 19:00 »
    Hi ladies

Pmc - congratulations on being pupo!! My test day is Friday 24 may, I don't really fancy doing it on a work morning so trying to convince dh we will do if after work on Thursday. He suggested we wait till Saturday morning, as if!!!!!!!

Skyblue - welcome to the thread, wow, I found it hard keeping up with three types of medication and the change in doses, well done you.

Afm I'm now back in guernsey, what a journey!! The boat was very rough and I was very sick twice, I don't normally suffer with sea sickness. I'm so glad to be home, I've been laying on sofa since I arrived and dh has done all unpacking and is now cooking us dinner. I had taken my progynova about an hour before being sick so rather then take them again I thought I would just do tonight's as normal. Right I'm going to get a shower to warm up, it's freezing!!!

Hope everyone having a good weekend. X

Offline pmc

modify
    « Reply #222 on: 11/05/13, 22:09 »
    Mrsc78- Saturday morning??  :o :o
    Not surprised you were sea sick, if the weather there was like it was here. Very very windy and heavy rain.
    Pleased your relaxed now.
    Have a good weekend.

Offline skyblue79

modify
    « Reply #223 on: 12/05/13, 15:20 »
    gillian1[/size][size=78%] [/size][/size][/size][size=78%]Thanx for the welcome. My scan is 11.10 am. Really praying that my lining is good. How about you, what time is your scan on monday?[/size][/size]

[/size]MrsC78  Thanx for welcome. Yes i am on a good number of medicine, to remember, i have created a medicine chart  ;D  Things we have to do. I hope you have had a good weekend.

Offline pixie9

modify
    « Reply #224 on: 12/05/13, 17:14 »
    Hello to all on the FET cycle buddies!!

I am currently preparing for a FET at the end of the month if our two little embryos survive the thaw.
    Currently injecting Buserelin and have a scan on Fri this week.
    Feel very nervous. Can't believe I'm going down this road again although we were amazingly lucky to become pregnant with our first round of ICSCI. I'm trying not to get my hopes up as I know success rates are lower with frozen cycles. It will be so difficult not to get emotionally attached though and if I get that far I'm dreading the 2ww!

Well one step at a time!!

Good luck to all those having their transfers this week.

Pixie xxx

Offline charlie14

• Gold Member
    • Loves being a mummy to Riley
    modify
    « Reply #225 on: 12/05/13, 19:14 »
    Hi ladies i'm on a FET cycle after having my son from my first IVF cycle. I have 4 blasts to thaw I am going to thaw all 4 praying I get 2 that survive to be put back im really nervous now there all not going to make it. Had my scan after using patches for 13 days my lining was 13.6mm as it thickened so fast they want to scan me again tommorrow as sometimes it can shrink back down, looking at ET for friday they said if everything ok.

Offline Ballboy

modify
    « Reply #226 on: 12/05/13, 23:54 »
    Maybe defrost less? Last time I defrosted 4 and they all survived. I had to discard 2 which is heartbreaking because of the effort you go to to get them!

Offline queenie7

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #227 on: 13/05/13, 07:15 »
    Charlie14- i think they can thaw 1 at the time and if one doesnt survive they will thaw another one till they have a good one. Good luck to you

Offline pmc

modify
    « Reply #228 on: 13/05/13, 07:53 »
    Charlie14 I'm in agreement with ballboy and Queenie. I had an FET (blastocyst) on Fri and wanted 1 transferred. The first one they thawed survived, so its in me now thriving I hope. So I still have 2 little frosties left and another chance of a child. It's reassuring to know you have them there.

Pixie9 there are loads of success stories with FET, I hope I'm going to be one of them. There are lots of stories out there that women have had a fresh transfer, and they got a BFN, the FET from the same batch resulted in a pregnancy. It all depends on the embryo and sheer luck. Good luck with your cycle.

Gillian1 good luck with your scan today.

afm. Well I don't know if its all the hormones I'm pumped with or not, but had a horrible dream last night. I dreamed I was dead and my body was left on the floor, but I was still around talking to people and reassuring them that its not me on the floor, this is me talking to you now. But my dead body was me at 8-9 yrs old, but I was talking to people as I am now  :o
    Anyway, last night I was having some strange sensations, slight fluttering and at times it felt like a nerve ending twitch on my womb area. I know it's really early days, but you look out for anything new. Hope I'm not going mad  ^idiot^

Offline libbylou

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #229 on: 13/05/13, 09:05 »
    Hi ladies,

I'm following your stories and wishing you all lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

Just as pmc said, I had 2 fresh 3 day embryos transferred and had an ectopic(very unusual in IVF).  On the next transfer, 2 embryos that had thawed perfectly were transferred.  One stuck and my gorgeous baby is lying in her Moses basket.
    We had 4 frozen embryos but our clinic said that the success rate for thawing is very good now so we went for 2. They would have thawed another if the first 2 hadn't done so. All embryos are from the same batch.
    We initially had 16 eggs, 8 were mature and 6 fertilised. I was a bit despondent as the numbers seemed to be dwindling so quickly. Both embryos on the second transfer weren't as good a grade as the first 2 and had more fragmentation so I thought my chances had gone. It just takes one.

Good luck to everyone whichever stage you're at and above all, be really kind to yourselves. It's such a journey that no one else really understands unless they've been there. FF friends really helped me when I was feeling so desolate.

Lots of love Libbylou xxxx