* Author Topic: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**  (Read 194446 times)

0 Members

Offline gillian1

modify
Re: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**
« Reply #250 on: 14/05/13, 21:32 »
Catfish, welcome to the thread. I found out 2 weeks ago that my embryo’s are also frozen 2 together.  From wha tI have been told they would not freeze any embryo’s that did not havea good chance of making it. (We had 6 frosties but they only froze 4 as 2 not considered good enough).
Hi PMC good to know that your transfer was 23 days. I never did down reg . I spoke to the clinic and they said I needed to start taking the utrogestan tablets yesterday but that one day should not make a difference. How are you feeling?

Freaking out a bit today, spoke to the clinic and asked about the frosties. They never told me back when they were frozen what grade they were or anything. ( I don’t even know how many eggs were collected. I only know 8 embies 2 not good enough to freeze, 2 put back and 4 frosties.) When I asked she said grade good. Then she started talking about the call on Friday morning and how they will tell me then if any survivied, oh please let them be ok.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline pixie9

modify
    « Reply #251 on: 14/05/13, 22:18 »
    Hi Ladies,

Thankyou for the welcome! Have my scan on Fri and all being well I start the Oestrogen tablets on Saturday. They are new to me i hope they are not too bad with side effects!

I think my embryos were frozen by by vitrification and it was very new to the clinic at the time. Does anyone think the methods make a difference?

Sorry been working all day and very tired  :-X  I will catch up on the thread properly over the next couple of days!

I wish everyone good luck whatever phase of the cycle you are on. Rest up and stay positive, miracles DO happen!  :)
     Xxx

Offline pesente

modify
    « Reply #252 on: 15/05/13, 10:20 »
    morning ladies, how are we all?

so upped my tablets today from 3 to 4. on countdown to scan.....going so slow!!
    feeling surprising ok, maybe a bit cranky and tired but generally ok.

Offline Ballboy

modify
    « Reply #253 on: 15/05/13, 15:06 »
    Hello

I had a minor meltdown after my nurse's appointment. On the plus side paying for the cycle at Homerton is brilliant so far - I get Dr Gudi for every appointment and one Nurse the whole time!! It feels like complete luxury!

I am on the usual suprecur, progynova, cyclogest but a few more bits thrown in for good measure including an endo scrape, clexane, thyroxine, injectable progesterone... I know its all for the best but I hatethis bit as I always seem to have a meltdown from the stress/ anticipation.

Start injections next week and they reckon transfer will be first week in July. Is seems a long time to be on drugs for a FET. Is everyone else on drugs for 6 weeks?

Offline AMD

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #254 on: 15/05/13, 16:58 »
    Hello can I join you all.

Starting treatment cycle tommorow. We had finished treatment in Jan but a clinic has offered us 2 5 day blasts with embryo donation. So here we are again! 7th attempt.

Will be taking 5 progynova a day, cyclogest, asprin, clexane injections, antibiotics and antivirals. Is anyone taking antivirals? Doc was unsure have many to give me and has prescribed 2 weeks. Just wondering if I continue after transfer?

Offline gillian1

modify
    « Reply #255 on: 15/05/13, 17:15 »
    WelcomeAMD, your journey is heartbreaking. 7th time lucky!
    Hi Ballboy, minor meltdowns are a part of the process. X
    Pixie9 I read that the success rates are higher when they freeze with vitrification.
    The closer it gets to Friday the more stressed I am getting. Please let them survivie the defrost.

Offline pmc

modify
    « Reply #256 on: 15/05/13, 17:32 »
    Gillian1 it certainly is a nerve racking time waiting on news of your embryos. Keeping everything crossed for your little ones. X

AMD welcome to the thread. Sorry to hear of your bad run of cycles. I've never used antivirals, but I'm sure someone else on here will be of help. Wishing you lots of luck with your new cycle  ^pray^

Ballboy. It's mind boggling isn't it, when you see a huge list of drugs to take and certain times of the day to take them. I've made myself a chart with dates at the side and times on the top. The within the columns I wrote what meds had to be taken, so each lot of drugs were in the corresponding times and dates, stuck it on my fridge, then just crossed it off once I'd taken it. So much easier than trying to remember everything. Good luck.

AFM - I'm still feeling chilled out and calm. Wouldn't think I'm 5dp5d transfer... Anyway, its a good feeling not to be stressed out all the time.

Offline skyblue79

modify
    « Reply #257 on: 16/05/13, 10:09 »
    PMC how are you getting on on your 2ww?  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

LisaMarie, welcome to the thread. I hope you headaches are easing up. How are you getting on with the down regulating?

Cat-fish welcome to the thread. Chin up, your embies will surprise you. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

gillian1 I have got everything crossed for you. Your babies on ice will be fine ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

pixie9 good luck with the scan tomorrow.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

pessente How are you getting on with the tablets? Hope you are doing ok. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Ballboy I hear Homerton is a really good hospital for fertility clinic. You looking forward to starting the injections :)  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

AMD welcome to the thread. I have got everything crossed for you hopefully this works out for you. I dont know much about antivirals because i have never been put on them but i am sure they are doing whats write for you. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

AFM I am going for a scan tomorrow and i find out when we have embryo transfer. I pray to God that things work out.

Offline mross

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #258 on: 16/05/13, 14:10 »
    Hi ladies,

Hope you are all doing well!  Just a quickie update from me, in case anyone having lining issues!  I was 5mm last week after nearly 3 weeks on 6mg of progynova a day.  Ive been melting down!  I went up to 8mg progynova a day and have been in migraine hell since however, went in today and I have a "triple layer" and 7mm which they are really happy with and ............ pheweee....transfer a week today!!!!  Cant believe ive gotten this far.  This has been the longest cycle ever but nearing the end now.  Anyone else having ET on Thursday? xx

Offline skyblue79

modify
    « Reply #259 on: 16/05/13, 15:06 »
    Mross that is brilliant news. it just goes to show, perseverance pays. I will know for definite tomorrow when my transfer is but it is between Monday and Wednesday. We should be in a 2ww together hopefully. ^reiki^ ^reiki^