* Author Topic: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**  (Read 200488 times)

0 Members

Offline Summer13

modify
Re: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**
« Reply #60 on: 9/04/13, 21:23 »
Hello all, Hope everyone is okay. Still getting used to posting on here and finding it so nice to share things with other people who understand.

Had my last scan today in preparation for my fet on Friday and everything was okay, so that's a relief. Also, had my first ever lot of acupuncture earlier today and found it so relaxing. Can't really afford it but it was worth it - i was so tense when i got there and left feeling more relaxed than i have in a long time.

Still getting a little worked up about this cycle not working, and getting frustrated with myself for not being able to be more positive. Another lady at work has recently got pregnant through ivf and she was so relaxed about it and confident that it would work.

Anyway, it's good to talk - thanks xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Floss39

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 10/04/13, 08:52 »
    RSL - glad to hear all went well with the de-frosting & that you have an embie on board - hope the 2WW flies by.

Summer - that's great that everything is good to go for friday - I know it's difficult to keep the positivity going, but could you try to concentrate on the things that are going right - your lining is good, you have frosties, this works for others & can work for you.  I know that it can be hard, but the thoughts are all in your head and in your control, so try to park the negative thoughts & replace them with positive thoughts.  (Can you tell I've just finished a 'manage your thinking type programme' - but it is helping me, so thought I'd share!)

Offline Angel79

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 10/04/13, 10:16 »
    Hey peppa - welcome! I was the same as u and was an observer for a long time. Being involved has really helped and wishe i'd done it before.

Summer - gr8 news scan etc all good. I know its hard to stay positive. Floss is so right - try to think of the things that are going well. I know its easier said than done. Im often a pessimist! But deep down u know it may work otherwise we wouldnt be putting ourselves thru it!

RSL i am so pleased everything went well for you! R u chilling at home for a few days or going back to work? Im planning - if they defrost ok today - to chill till sunday and back to work monday. Going to have a game of thrones sesh!

Hello and best wishes to everyone

Xx

Offline peppa pig

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #63 on: 10/04/13, 18:53 »
    Hi everyone thanks for the welcome

Angel: any news on your snowbabies defrost do when is transfer? Chillin over the weekend sounds like a plan

RSL: PUPO lady hope you are chillin out, what meds are you on, i have the pessaries to take not sure when i am supposed to start them though after ovulation or transfer  ^idiot^ good luck hun

Floss: theres a lot to be said for PMA need to find some myself

Summer:  Good luck for Friday, i was full of postivity on first fresh cycle but feel anxious this time,   ^spot^

AFM: rang and left another answer phone message with clinic as no call back, i learnt last time that my clinic are amazing but admin is not their strong point, BTW I am with BCRM and live in Cornwall

Offline Angel79

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 10/04/13, 19:25 »
    Hey everyone.

I had my Transfer today. One of my blasts defrosted successfully but the other didn't - but i am so pleased that one did!

I feel so much more relaxed and happier now. This is the furthest we got as never had a blast put in before!

The good one had started regenerating before they put it back in.

just chilling now and DH is cooking a lamb tagine - and I've scoffed nearly 3 cookies - yum!

X

Offline Floss39

modify
    « Reply #65 on: 10/04/13, 19:30 »
    Angel - that's great - enjoy the pampering.

Offline KKH

modify
    « Reply #66 on: 11/04/13, 09:16 »
    RSL & Angel - So pleased the transfers went well and congratulations on being PUPO.  xx

Summer - I think it is normal to feel anxious, we're all so desperate for this to work but nervous in case it doesn't.  Some of us are more anxious and pessimistic than others but we just have to remain as positive as we can, but not beat ourselves up when we do have a wobble or a doubt or in some cases, a complete meltdown.  Please don't be hard on yourself  ^hugme^.  It's great news that all is looking good for your transfer tomorrow  :)  ^reiki^

I'm off for my scan this morning to see if my lining is doing what it is supposed to be doing, fingers crossed.

xx

Offline RSL

modify
    « Reply #67 on: 11/04/13, 13:34 »
    Angel, Glad transfer went well and you can relax

Summer, I'm also feeling anxious & been quite down this time, but know meds don't help with wobbliness. Hope you're able to relax n be looked after?

Peppa, I'm at ARGC in London and they love their drugs! I'm on gestone, cyclogest, prognova...and others....Am just taking them all n hoping for the best. I know they're unusual in the amount of meds as other clinics I've cycled at don't do half as many

Have The Killing boxset as never saw it on tv, so gonna give that a try!!

Fertile wishes to all
    xx

Offline Twinks74

modify
    « Reply #68 on: 11/04/13, 16:14 »
    Hi ladies, I've always read from afar and never joined in, but thought "what the heck" this time.

We had a day 6 expanded blast (fet) last weds and OTD is Sat, so only a few days to wait. This is our 5th 2ww, amazingly we only ever had a bfp on our first tx with 2 very low grade embryos, but this ended in a mc. That was 2 years ago and since then we've moved to the argc. Annoyingly we are 'unexplained' , DH is in perfect working order, I have been diagnosed as having mild pcos without any symptoms, then undiagnosed! We have created good embryos each time, no immune issues, but no success.

I'm trying to stay positive, although af cramps are starting to appear now (had cramps for 2-3 days after fet & sore boobs, but they've gone now) I also didn't a hpt on Tues, which was a bfn, although it was prob too early.

Does anyone have any advice on further tests, or a way forward? I'm beginning to feel like giving up our dream altogether, our bank balance is certainly depleted!!

Sorry to be negative, just at a loss as to why its not working for us and hoping someone might know of a magic cure!  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Twinks xxx

Offline KKH

modify
    « Reply #69 on: 11/04/13, 17:38 »
    Hi Twinks74  :)  the 2ww takes its toll doesn't it.   ^hugme^
    We are fairly new to IVF so I'm afraid I cannot offer any advice on further tests.  What I would say is lots of people on my last cycle buddies thread had AF cramps and seemed convinced it was over but went on to have BFP.  Quite a few of them tested early and had negative results right up to the OTD when it turned positive.  So I'm going to keep everything crossed for you and send you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ xx