* Author Topic: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**  (Read 186395 times)

0 Members

Offline Summer13

modify
Re: **Frozen Embryo - Cycle Buddies**
« Reply #80 on: 14/04/13, 11:24 »
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well? Just been reading the posts that i have missed out on over the last few days and now i've started feeling really nervous for everyone - how silly! I had my fet on Friday and now i'm relaxing! Had two day 3 embryos transferred - 1 eight cell and one twelve, and both looked good, so hoping this one works for us now. When our other cycles have failed we were told it was mostly down to chance factors and luck  - hope and pray that our luck changes this time. I'm trying to be positive but find it so difficult cuz i know it's not going to change the outcome.

I know i should be grateful that we have got to this stage and everything looks good, and that we still have another 8 embryos in storage.

Finding progesterone shots in my bottom quite painful at the  moment but if it helps it will be all worth it. Had acupuncture twice on day of transfer and loved it. I was so relaxing and did help me to feel more positive. I wanted to do everything i thought i could possibly do this time so that i had no regrets. I had wanted to try the intralipids (anyone had that done?) but left it too late to decide so instead i'm taking Asprin and injecting Clexane - after the acupuncture and all these injections i really do feel like a human pin cushion.

Will get back to doing my knitting!

Love to everyone.

xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Twinks74

modify
    « Reply #81 on: 14/04/13, 12:04 »
    Hiya,
    It's a bfn for me sadly. I had a bfn on the hpt first thing in the morning, but still went to ARGC for a blood test because we wanted to know if the little frostie even attempted to implant. The nurse said that the hpt was less than 1, which probably means that it didn't start to implant. We had travelled to London for the blood test, so spent the rest of the day aimlessly wandering round the shops.

We are sad and very fed up. We are unexplained and always make good embryos, my immune levels are always normal, so we really don't know why it's not working. I've had various hysteroscopies and womb always 'looks' normal. Had 1 cyst removed from my left ovary (pretty convinced it was caused by clomed) My first clinic noticed mild endometriosis in my pouch of Douglas, but all consultants say that this wouldn't affect fertility!!!

I've contacted Penny at Serum to arrange a test for the hidden c, that's our last test I think.

Sorry to bring bad news. But hopefully not bad luck to the thread xxx

P.s to make matters worse, I've got to take 90 4 year olds on a school trip to the farm tomorrow , give me strength please!!

Offline Floss39

modify
    « Reply #82 on: 14/04/13, 14:14 »
    Oh Twinks, I am so sorry that you didn't get a good result, it's so disheartening and a long road especially when you can;t pinpoint a cause that you can 'fix'.  Mind yourself pet and good luck with your field trip tomorrow.

Summer - great that you are PUPO - take care of yourself

Offline KKH

modify
    « Reply #83 on: 14/04/13, 19:39 »
    Apologies in advance for the me post but I am feeling very sorry for myself  :'(

My mother in laws partner recently retired and to celebrate he wanted to treat his two sons and their partners, and myself and DH to a night away.  I was really looking forward to it, we were going to the coast for the day and then on to the hotel to meet up and have dinner.  The sun had finally come out and for the first time in ages I was thinking about something other than trying to get pregnant.  All was going well until he opened one of his cards at dinner and I could see from where I sat that there was a scan photo inside, his son and wife gave him the great news that they are expecting.  How I kept it together I do not know, it completely floored me, I felt like a part of me died inside and all I wanted to do was curl up into a ball and cry, but instead I had to sit there for another 4 hours through dinner and then meet again for breakfast this morning.  I couldn't wait to leave, I cried all the way home, I've cried most of the day, I'm crying again now, I'm just so upset and exhausted.

It really did catch me off guard,  I'd picked myself up after my last scan and was feeling quite positive and now I feel I've taken 10 steps back.  I have no idea where or how I am going to find my positive attitude again.  I don't want to see anyone or speak to anyone, I don't want to leave the house, I don't want to go to work.  I just want to hide and cry.  I can't even go to bed as I have to stay up til 9 to do my injection!!

I want to be happy for them and deep down I am, but I am finding it really hard, I just don't understand why it can't be us too. 

I'm sorry for the pitiful post, but it's been an emotional weekend - I hope everyone else's has been considerably better.

Twinks, I am so very sorry - bfn sucks  ^hugme^ xx

Offline hope82

• Would give anything to be a mom x
    modify
    « Reply #84 on: 14/04/13, 20:03 »
    KKH- I'm so sorry you are feeling so down  ^hugme^
    I know exactly how you feel....... One of my closest friends announced she was pregnant a couple of years ago and when I found out it felt like someone had punched me in the stomach and then ripped my insides out. I wanted to scream IT SHOULD BE US!!!!! We had been trying for 3 years and they only been trying a couple of months.
    I say there all night trying to be happy for them but I was counting down the minutes till I could go home and cry.....and cry I did!! As the next few months went on and I saw how happy she was I couldn't help but get excited for her and the last thing I wanted was for her to not be able to be normal and happy around me because we were having trouble conceiving.
    Then in the December beautiful baby Isla was born and I fell in love with her as soon as I saw her. She is so funny and very cute and on a weekend when we all get together I often sit and look at her and imagine what we all did before she was born???

So I think what I'm trying to say is it is completely natural what you are feeling and allow yourself to feel it but you will feel better and one day very soon you will be a mommy!!!

Sending you lots of luv and hugs

Xxx

Offline midlands lass

modify
    « Reply #85 on: 14/04/13, 20:08 »
    AF arrived on Saturday so will be calling to book in for 1st scan this week I guess. I hope to get on with this cycle!

FET seems to be so unpredictable and have varied success. So sorry for you Twinks74 ^hugme^

KKH - Other people get so excited about their pregnancies that they forget all about other people trying. I remember feeling very low one time and refusing to go to a dinner party as I just could not face all other mummys there talking about their kids, asking about us not having kids etc etc. I hope that you have managed to stop crying but bet you haven't  ^hugme^ I hope that tomorrow is a better day for you. X

Hello everyone else. Need to get you know you all. A bit busy over the next couple of days though as have a job interview on Wednesday. I will be off here until then!

Take care X

Offline macamoo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #86 on: 14/04/13, 22:34 »
    Hello everyone,

I would be very happy if I could please join this thread  :)

I am just starting my 3rd  FET and just wondered if anyone has used cetrotide for a FET? I always had buserelin before so seems odd?? Have quite severe PCOS so had to take notheristerone to induce bleed now started the lovely subcutaneous injections on day 1....bloods day 14?!?

Feel like absolute emotional wreck  :'( as not had bleed for soooo long as well as my cetrotide....poor hubby   :-\

Sending lotsa love & hope to all xxx

Offline star17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #87 on: 15/04/13, 00:14 »
    Hi all,

I might join here if OK. 

I had my first round of ICSI at the end of last year and was lucky enough to get a BFP.  Unfortunately miscarried at 13 weeks.  I went back to the clinic last week to talk about next steps......and here I am, 1 scan down and back in the roller coaster!!  I only have one little frostie, but you never know!  I am doing a natural cycle - which is quite wierd as there isn't really anything to do!

Anyway...I am travelling this week, but wanted to say hi before I go and get to know you all a bit.  This forum was amazing last time and I look forward (as much as you can!) to going through this with you guys!

I completely get feeling floored by others announcing their pregnancies.  My two best mates have their lovely complete families.  I love them to pieces, but it is still hard when you hear of the new pregnancy, baby or baby birthday.  I remember vividly going for drinks when they both told me they were pregnant that night.  Very happy for them, but it was hard. 

Good luck all!!! 

Offline queenie7

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 15/04/13, 17:38 »
    KKH, sorry to hear ur feeling down, but i totally understand you. i found out on the same night, that my sister in law who was 19 was married for nearly 4 months was 3 months pregnant, and my younger sister of 24 who stopped the pill 2 months ago was 6 weeks pregnant. all i could do was put up a brave and happy face and pretend i was fine with it and so happy for them (which i obviously am but ofcourse going through my mind was why not us?!?!) and when i came home i cried. i cried all night and that whole week i had my crying moment. i told myself it was gonna happen for us too soon and by the time they wud have their babies we wud be pregnant too. my sis in law is due in 2 weeks, and were doing a FET next week, so were still hoping!
    hope it will happen soon for everyone!
    have a good day girls  ;)

Offline macamoo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #89 on: 15/04/13, 18:33 »
    Hello there again,

I am posting as feeling slightly more positive about my cetrotide treatment today. Contacted the clinic and I had to go down and collect some estelle to start today! I am on both these now until scan on 29th with transfer booked for 3rd may!!!
    All seems very quick to me but trying to have a lot of PMA  ^hugme^

It's good to know I am not the only one going through this as it so hard at times ..... Especially when others around just 'get pregnant' and also we are trying to keep it between me & DH as it was awful everyone asking after we had our BFNs   :(

Fingers crossed & lotsa love,hugs & PMA to all of you xxxx