* Author Topic: Natural modified cycle - no egg retrieval - HELP PLS  (Read 1939 times)

0 Members

Offline Ally99

• Un-Ranked
Hi,
I had my first IVF cycle with Create this month. I have an AMH of 0.05 and measured 3 AFC at the scan.  I administered Cetrotide and Menepur with a final HCG injection 36 hours before EC.  I had my egg collection today and the RE said there was no egg in the folicile  :(

Please can anyone advise me if they have had a similar experience? Although I wasn't expecting too much from my first cycle I still feel very down and tearful, any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline chabelovsky

• Un-Ranked
    Hello and sorry to hear what happened. I'm afraid I dont have any advice but didn't want to read and not leave a post. I'm just starting my first natural modified cycle at Create, so that's how I came across your post. I cant imagine what it would feel like to get to the egg collection and find there is no egg. It must be devastating for you.

Are you planning to have further tries at it? I understand that they do a 3 cycle package (I was told you can upgrade to the 3 cycle package after the first try) and that as they are usually working with just one egg each cycle then natural cycles can require more goes at it. Not comforting when you've invested so much emotion (and money!) into it.

Sending you hugs  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Kate
    x

Offline Ally99

• Un-Ranked
    Hello Kate,

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.
    I had my follow up consultation today and the consultant advised me to try again.  He thinks it may just be one bad cycle, which in some ways is reassuring.

Thank you for the cycle package information I will enquire further into this.  Basically I am single and trying IVF for the first time so after the EC I felt completely alone  :(

When does your cycle start?  Is it your first try with IVF?

Kind Regards,

Ally x

Offline chabelovsky

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Ally,

No problem - sorry for the late reply - been busy with a new job and the ivf cycle. So sorry to hear that you feel alone. It must be very tough going through IVF alone and I think you're very brave. I really hope your next try has better results.

I'm sort of nearly at the end of my first cycle - this is my first go at ivf. I was lucky and had two eggs collected on Friday. I heard this morning that one fertilized and they are going to monitor it and hopefully put it back on Monday. But obviously nothing is guaranteed and I know from having had friends go through ivf that it is a series of hurdles.... I have been lucky to get through the first few hurdles, but I'm acutely aware that it could all change for the worse at any moment. That probably sounds very pessimistic, but I dont like to get my hopes up too much as I know I may have to deal with disappointment.

I have my fingers crossed for your next cycle. I think they're really lovely at Create and I hope they're offering good support to you - do they offer a counselling session per cycle? I need to check that out too.

big hug ^hugme^

Kate
    x

Offline Ally99

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Kate,
    I had a follow up consultation following my cycle to determine what had happened.  The councelling I was advised to attend was via one of their external councellors, I believe she quoted 110.00 per session, Ifound this to be quite costly and therefore gave it a miss, I'm not sure whether as part of the cycle there may be a reduced cost.
    Good news on your egg collection and fertilisation, fingers crossed I hope things go well for you :) I know collecting two eggs is a bonus.

I have been taking some supplements for the last month or so, I have started Yoga and generally eating healthier.  I think to find no egg was alarming, as everything was going to plan :(

My next cycle begins in two weeks.  Have you come accross anyone to have such a low amh 0.05 and 3 AFC to under go ivf?

Please keep in touch and I really hope your embie brings a BFP :)

Lots of hugs,
    Ally xx

Offline LEECOWDEN

• Me and DH
    Hi Chabelovsky,

Sorry to chip in, Create do include the counselling as part of your treatment. This is a cost that is covered by the clinic.

Xx

Offline chabelovsky

• Un-Ranked
    Thanks for confirming that Lee.

Fingers crossed for your next cycle Ally. I had one embryo transferred on Monday and am now waiting until friday for a test to see if the little thing has stuck... What I love about the natural cycle ivf is that it is all so quick. I dont know from personal experience what "conventional" ivf is like, but a couple of close friends have been through this and the whole process seemed to take so long. At lease if it doesn't work then you can try again very quickly.

I dont know about the AMH and AFC, but I think on some of the other conversations on this site there are some threads about low AMH and AFC. I know as with another clinic - CRGH - I was told that with AMH of 2.4 and AFC of 5 then there wasn't much hope for me with normal IVF and to try natural cycle. Which is when I started to research a bit  more, got into a Create open day and was much more impressed by their style of doing things than I was with CRGH. And also they are experts in natural cycle. I've been really impressed with them so far.

For supplements I'm taking pregnacare, wheatgrass, COq10 and was taking DHEA but stopped that after egg collection. Actually Create dont recommend DHEA, but i've read so much about how it might help AFC that I sort of ignored them and decided to take it up to any egg collection and then stop. I've stopped all coffee (i was a coffee fiend) alcohol (didn't drink much anyway) and cut back on the chocolate. I've been eating pineapple everyday (heard this is good for implantation - dont know how true this is, but i like pineapple!) and lots of fruit, veg and nuts and seeds and lots of water. Yoga is great too - I've not been able to go much recently having just started a new job, but find it great to relax. I've also done a few sessions of acupuncuture.

I have my fingers crossed for you with the next cycle - I'm not surprised you were alarmed at them finding no egg. But I think each menstrual cycle can be different. My AFC at CRGH was only 4, but then at Create when they started to monitor my cycle there were about 7 follicles. Not a huge increase, but any small increase is great!!

BIG hugs,

Kate
    xx

Offline Ally99

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Kate,
    I hope your little embie sticks, that's great news to have come so far, I have everything crossed for you. Thank you for your advice on supplements, I feel like a rattle right now with the vitamins but if they help I don't mind. I have started my period today so I'm back in the clinic this coming week, I had switched off since my last cycle but now I feel it's all real and happening :-)

I agree with you on the turn around with natural cycle, I was disappointed when the last cycle failed however to think in a matter of weeks you can try again keeps me hopeful.

How is your new job going? Are you enjoying it?

Lots of love,
    Ally xx

Offline chabelovsky

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Ally,

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. Been a bit of a roller-coaster.... So the embryo didn't stick unfortunately. I'd sort of convinced myself that it had as I'd started to feel a bit pregnant, but now realise that the progesterone can make you feel a bit pregnant.

Anyway, after feeling really disappointed and having a chat with the clinic, we've just started another round. Had my first scan on Friday, started with the Menopur on Satruday, went back for a second scan today and I've got one massive follicle that has left all the others behind. They were worried that maybe it was a bit over-ripe, but I've had confirmation that it's all go for an egg collection on Wednesday....

How is your cycle going? I hope all is well.

Kate
    xx