* Author Topic: Our new journey is starting today  (Read 7930 times)

0 Members

Offline SIBI

modify
Our new journey is starting today
« Reply #10 on: 2/09/13, 07:42 »
Dear diary,
currently at the clinic for the blood test. Feeling a little bit anxious as uncertain about the overall future - what results will be, when I'll be able to start the cycle..
The waiting room is packed of women, everyone hoping for a miracle, everyone probably scared as I am..think I might be the younger..this makes me feel lucky and positive.
Just hoping they will be quick enough as I have a meeting @ 9 and need to run to the office. Having recently started the new job I did not feel like telling them so I will end up using the usual old excuse of "bad public transport" on monday morning - sorry guys, you'll know more soon
Hope everything goes well - speak to you soon
Xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 16/09/13, 22:34 »
    Dear Diary,
    I finally have exciting news! ;D
    So, here we are: on Monday the 2nd of September I have my blood test (it takes me 50m to go through the queue at the blood test clinic ::) ) and a week later I get my period. On day 3, on the 11th I get a call back from the clinic. My values are now back to normal so they ask me initially to call on day 1 of the next period, to start the cycle and all necessary further checks. I’m happy and disappointed at the same time as I wish I could have started a little bit sooner. But I eventually manage to cope with my expectation and go back to work. No more than 20m later and I get another call. They ask me to go quickly for another blood test and they confirm I can start the cycle this month instead as they have decided that I will be put on a Long Protocol (which means that on day 21 of this month cycle (29/09) I will have to go for another blood test and I will then be able to start on the deregulation).  So now I start getting nervous and excited – excited because finally our time has come! Nervous as I will have to manage things at work but I don’t want to stress myself now – I have ten more days so it’s not worth getting anxious yet ;)
    Just wanted to add an extra thing – in the last few days I have experienced some dizziness, some back pain.. maybe side effects of the Humira? Nothing really bothering me much as the effects went away quite soon but just wondering…
    Well, let's catch up soon
     ;D
    xxx

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 4/10/13, 19:10 »
    Dear Diary,
    Thank goodness it's Friday! It has been a long week, started on the Monday with blood test early morning (tried to be there @ 7am to avoid the queue...and failed  ::) ).
    So they confirmed ovulation has happened (I knew as I strongly feel it nowadays) so I could start the nasal spray. Bought it from them and started spraying 3 times a day from Monday night, always at the same time, which means that I will need to wake up at 630 even at week ends..who cares!!! Hope it's worth it!
    I cannot wait this process to properly kick on!! I feel like it's very slow now but I know it's just a matter of time. I've been naughty and keep having the foods I will need to avoid after ET  - salami, fresh cheese, ice cream...I should exercise more but the last week, since I started the nasal spray, I've been collapsing on the couch around 930 every night..again, who cares! Not really fancy of night out or parties  ::)
    By the way I've asked what the results of the TNF were and I was confirmed it dropped from initial 37 to 28, so I'm pleased with that, and they are too.
    Now I just need to wait for my period and then I know things will faster up!
    ...I can't wait!! ^reiki^
    Xxx

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 9/10/13, 21:26 »
    Dear diary,
    Here we are again. I guess in the next month, it will happen quite often  ;D
    So, where shall I start? I definitely hate the Suprecur spray as it's messing around with me and my psychological regained stability. One day I'm happy and excited, one sad and depressed...still copyingwith that, but can't wait to stop the damn spray!
    In the other side, it's good as my period has finally arrived (yesterday pm, but told by the clinic to count today as day 1) and it's the heavier period I've ever had in my entire life!! So good as it will be a good way to clean out my system  :)
    Called the clinic and booked for blood test and scan for day 5 (Mon 14th); told I will have histeroscopy either Tue or Wed depending on blood test results. Thanks to the girls from FF for reassuring me that I will be fully sedated  ^pray^
    Spoke to my boss, gave him this very crazy and super flexible schedule, the one for the next 4 weeks...hope everything will be all right. Really need to keep this job!
    Well, that's it for today..very tired but getting closer  ;D
    Xxx

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 14/10/13, 22:37 »
    My dear diary,
    Here I am again. What an intense day! So, let's recap from the beginning: this morning appointment at 8. First scan, then blood test, then training with nurse, then buy medicines, then home..Pfuiiii! So tired by the end!!😴
    So, the consultant confirmed that he could see 6 follicles per each ovary and that lining was as tin and clean as it should be. Which is in line with previous cycles (my biggest problem being the poor thickness of my lining).
    So, happily I went to the red door for the blood test and then returned to the clinic for the nurse teaching session. OMG...I felt so overwhelmed after that. From one side, very reassured that they know what they are doing as every day my treatment might be changed based on the results from the different tests they will run, sometime twice. In the other side, I felt a little bit claustrophobic as I won't be able to walk around without a siring and my doses for the next 2 weeks.😱😳 Anyway, in the end I've managed to leave with a big bag of super expensive medicines. And this made me think how much money NHS has wasted with my cycles (between medications, treatment, blood test) and it's just ridiculous that they don't invest a little bit more to understand the failure reasons...they would avoid such a waste later on!!!😡😡😡
    I finally came back home so tired and I've managed to start my protein diet supported by litres and litres of water and milk.😝😝😝not a good drinker so finding that hard...especially as I was working from home and running TC meetings and running to the toilet every 2m 😁
    Eventually I got a call and tomorrow I'll be going in for hysteroscopy @ 645. Fingers crossed that all goes well. Feeling a little bit apprehensive but I think it's normal. Not told to start the injections yet so I hope I'll be able after tomorrow's procedure.
    Ok, now I'm exhausted so let's catch up tomorrow

...Wish me luck 👍

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 15/10/13, 22:20 »
    Dear diary,
    Another day gone, so fast!

Day 0

Just blood test today plus scan, probably to assess if I can have hysteroscopy tomorrow:
    - LH 2.1
    - Prog 1.1
    - E2 88

Scan confirmed I have:
    - 6 follicles Right
    - 6 follicles Left

Day 1 Stim

So I went to the clinic at 645 for hysteroscopy and got very sad when was told I was going "downstairs" on my own, as usually my husband could come with me to the waiting room pre theatre. Fortunately was not completely on my own as one of my cycle buddies was there too so had a good chat with her, pre and post anaesthetic. Around 8 I was called downstairs, changed in a very little room (weird and messy) and got to another big room where everybody was waiting pre and post theatre. Was taken the NK blood test there directly and then went to the theatre accompanied by a doctor. As soon as I lied down, I was given my dose of anaesthetic via injection - And this time I could really feel it all..first a sparkly feeling around the body, then a weird taste in my mouth and then...I woke up in the waiting room again 😁
    I did not feel any pain during the operation, just some period discomfort afterwords. Had some period like heavy spotting that went gradually away throughout the day.
    All nurses were very nice and helpful..I know when I'm stressed I don't stop talking, so they have been absolutely adorable to respond all my questions with a smile 😉
    Got back home and slept all day - oh gosh, I really needed! At 2.30 I got the call about the injection - so starting today with 375 IU of the Fostimon.
    As I've heard that I might be asked to take injections at very weird time of the day, even though my husband has been the nurse of the house so far, I've realised that I won't be able to rely on him if they ask me to inject during the day, so I've finally faced the fear and went through my first injection on my own!so proud of myself..I can still remember me, approximately 9 years old, running away from my GP as overly scared of the anti-rubella injection...cannot believe where I got..even injecting by myself! Well done me!👍👍
    Anyway, after all celebration of my new skill, tomorrow I'll be back to the red door for blood test. I guess this week will be quite easy - it will be harder from day 7th onwards, when the twice a day test will start...
    For now, I'm just taking day by day and following the instructions to the letter (managed to drink the 2+ L of water but today struggling with the milk..just 0,5 L..hope tomorrow will be better).
    Good night..hope I can still sleep, after all the sleep from today 😜

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 17/10/13, 21:34 »
    Dear diary,
    Last 2 days have been soooo intense. Let's try to summarise:

Day 2 Stim
    - Blood test in the morning
         LH 1.9
         E2 270
    - Called back around 1130 and told to take injection ASAP - 375IU Fostimon
    - Very heavy headache all day and suddenly, after bleeding stopped post hysteroscopy by end of Day 1, bleeding started again around 3pm 😱 got very stressed, ended up calling emergency number and got reassured by the doctor. Apparently bleeding can stop and start again...😳

Day 3 Stim
    - blood test:
        FSH 26.7
        LH 1.5
        E2 709
    - scan: currently 6+8 follicles, growing fine. Lining showing ok as per D3 (@5)
    - called back around 11 and told to take injection from 8-10 pm - 225IU Fostimon
    - results of NK back: CD19/CD5 uplifted from original 15 to 21 😡; possibly tomorrow need to have intralipids

Pfuiii!!! So many things! Headache is better today, bleeding is still stopping/coming back but it's very light so I'm not that worried 😊 still feeling very very tired 😴😴

Speak to you tomorrow
    Xxx

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 19/10/13, 18:39 »
    Dear Diary,

Latest updates:

Day 4 Stim
    - blood test @ 730:
        TSH 2.52
        Free T4 17.9
        LH 1.4
        E2 1094
    - collected medicine for blood thinner (pills plus more injections 😱) - damn Clexane is making my belly blue! Why can't we use nicer needle for this horrible blood thinner?
    - done Merional 225IU before lunch
    - intralipids moved possibly to monday

Day 5 Stim
    - blood test
         FSH 26.5
         LH 1.3
         E2 2680
    - scan: lining increased to 6.5; still 8(L) plus 6(R) follicles, growing as expected
    - told to take between 8-10pm a dose of Merional 150IU + 1/2 of a 75IU but on separate injection (so tonight I will end up injecting my self 3 time 😂)
    - told tomorrow probably 2 blood tests..

So far feeling ok, very bloated - feel like I am 6 months pregnant 🐳. Last night slept very badly as I was feeling my ovaries every time I was turning in bed 😴. I still have horrible brownish spotting and I'm still not that hungry...as keep drinking the litres of liquid 🌊

Finding sometime difficult to keep positive so need to start listening asap the Zita West CD - it really worked previously to keep on the hope and relax even more ^reiki^

Met other lovely ladies yesterday and today..so many similar stories, finally feeling less lonely in this path 😄

Xxx

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 20/10/13, 16:27 »
    Dear Diary,

Day 6 Stim
    - went twice for blood test (first at 9 then at 12)
         LH 5.3 / 3.1
         Prog 1.2
         E2 3353
    Starting to feel worried for OHSS..my E2 is doubling... ^idiot^
    - confirmed to take 150IU Fostimon + 1/2 of 75IU of Merional + Cetrotide ASAP
    - from tomorrow start Cetrotide at 5am
    - tomorrow go for blood and scan at 730
    - intralipids confirmed for tomorrow

Pfuuuiii!!! So much to take on and becoming more and more intense. At least today we treated ourself with a proper English breakfast...I was in desperate need of a "non boring protein" meal 😉

Currently lying on the couch and enjoying "Baby boom" on telly...I wish someone was giving me a little lovely girl just out from nowhere to be my long term baby daughter...maybe you're just out there, preparing your luggages from the sky to come and land in our hands soon...hope hope hope, never never never give up  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Xxx

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 22/10/13, 21:32 »
    Dear Diary,
    Oh my goodness...the second week has been soooo tiring so far and it's just Tuesday 😒

Day 7 Stim
    - 5am Cetrotide
    - 730 am blood test
          FSH 20.2
          LH < 0.1
          Prog 1.3
          E2= 2779
    - scan: lining @ 8, 10 (L, size 15) + 5 (R, size 13)
    - 1030: intralipids; overall experience was fine. An hour sitting downstairs in a comfortable position and no side effects
    - 1345: second blood test
          E2=2654
    - confirmed to have 150 Merional pre second blood test and 150 @ 630pm (very odd given that my E2 is already doubling 😳)

Day 8 Stim
    - 5am Cetrotide
    - blood test 730am
         E2 5194
         FSH 22.3
         LH. 0.7
         Prog 2.6
    - extra cetrotide @ 130 pm
    - blood test 2pm
        E2 5451
    - confirmed to take 75 Merional + 1/2 of 75 Merional between 8-10 pm

I'm quite sored - both my belly and my ovaries. everytime I sit I feel like I have tennis balls in my belly 😳on top of this I'm also very tired - I was told the second week was going to be intense but I did not realised it was going to be so hectic. Plus, I see that my E2 has started to double which is not good at all so I'm a bit worried. Tomorrow I want to check with the consultant after the scan what it's going on. I feel like they have the full control however they are not sharing enough with me - as I like to keep things under control, I'm easily freaking out if they don't share enough...

Xxx