* Author Topic: Our new journey is starting today  (Read 7932 times)

0 Members

Offline SIBI

modify
Our new journey is starting today
« Reply #20 on: 25/10/13, 06:56 »
Dear Diary,
Time is flying!
Let's try to summarise the last few days:

Day 9 Stim
- 730 am blood test
     E2=7189
     LH= 0.4
- 800 am scan
     Lin=7.9
     R= 6 foll x max 16 size
     L= 11 foll x max 17 size
- 1215 cetrodide (dose taken at the clinic)
- 1245 second blood test
      E2=7408
- confirmed medication 1/2 of 75 Fostimon between 8-10 pm
- overall feeling very tired and bloated

Day 10 Stim
- 730 am blood test
     FSH=14.6
     LH=4.5
     Prog=3.1
     E2= 9011
- 1300 cetrotide ( dose taken at clinic)
- 1330 second blood test
     E2= 10926
- requested to stay for extra scan: scan was performed from Dr Ranieri, amazing consultant:
    Lin=10
    R= 6 foll x max 19 size
    L= 11 foll x max 20 size
- got call from the clinic and told to trigger at 730 😱😱😱😱 was not expecting this yet but so excited!!!!

So yesterday I did the shot as agreed, of 7500IU (one dose and a half). Afterwards no more medicines except for the dexamethasone tablets this am. Had a good night sleep, woke up at 530 without alarm - I guess I got used to wake up early plus the excitement 😁😁😁

No particular pain in my belly, told to drink 3L water and 1 of milk as usual. My boobs this morning feel huge and painful. Apparently a normal side effect. Can't wait for tomorrow. Thank goodness today I will be working a little bit from home - got so used to get to the clinic and spend time with buddy, that I fear I will get bored 😜

Was really good to sit at ARGC in the last few days as met many mums who were looking for second baby and had their first thanks to the clinic - amazing inspiring chat!! Thanks ladies for the nice sharing 😁

I would like also to thank the guys from the blood test lab - the red door in harley street! They have always put a smile on my face despite making my arms blue 😜 no ones fault of course and hopefully I'll see them soon, for more blood tests 👍

Well - for this AM that's it; let's catch up soon
Xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 28/10/13, 10:35 »
    Dear diary,
    So much has happened in the last few days!!!

Day 11 Stim
    No much happened on this day, just resting from all medications and being very impatience for the EC - I guess it's normal. Thank goodness I've managed to work from home in the afternoon and kept myself very busy. Drank my litres of water until 1130 and then headed to bed

Day 12 Stim/Day 0 after EC
    Actually no more stim at all 😁
    Got to the clinic by 630 - sent downstairs around 7. Clinic was hectic - more chaotic than usual at the stage that I nearly ended up signing a wrong form (thank god I've spotted the mistake). So, downstairs as usual they checked my blood and they sent me to the theatre were the last thing I remember was the anaesthetic, still quite strong. Woke up half an hour later, had lots of water and paracetamol. By 1030 I was leaving, after 15 eggs collected 👍👍👍👍 me and DH so happy!!!
    Got home and lied on the couch all PM with hot water bottle, supported by paracetamol. Forced myself to go for a short walk. Overall feeling sore and bloated but ok

Day 1 after EC
    Day 1 was stormy Sunday so ended up staying at home all day. Felt really awful, overly bloated and in pain - really worried about OHSS despite regularly drinking and going to toilet. Had to go back on paracetamol and went to bed quite worried 😟 The good news of the day was that out of my 15 eggs collected, 14 were injected and 11 fertilised (with ICSI) - so embryologist seemed very pleased and we did too

Day 2 after EC
    This morning I feel much better - I will still talk to a nurse about my symptoms but I really hope the worst part has gone!
    So they called back and 10 🐣 got to 4 cells while 1 to 3 cells. All are top grade so embryologist is pleased. Please little 🐣 keep strong and growing!!!! We love you already so much!!! 🙏🙏🙏

So good as well not to be working now as I feel I can take the whole time just for myself - heading out to buy some protein booster, thanks to suggestion of lovely ladies from the tread - thanks FF for existing, you make such a huge difference!!!

Xxx

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 29/10/13, 13:07 »
    Day 3 after EC

Still not feeling any better so called the clinic and they told me to go there for scan and blood.
    I've been seen from one of the consultants and she detected a bag of fluid (5 cm big) around one ovary so she said I have a mild to moderate OHSS. Then she sent me for bloods and this pm they will call me back with more instructions.
    Overall I don't feel ok, pain in my belly/abdomen when I go to the toilet and pain afterwards. Slight pain when walking or sitting too. Cannot stand properly. I look like a 90 years old pregnant woman 😜
    I'm super terrified they will end up cancelling my cycle as it happened before too so trying hardly to keep positive.
    In the other side my 🐣 are developing very well - they are all between 7 and 8 cells and high grade so they want to bring them to blastocyte stage  so ET between Thursday and Friday

Just 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 that all goes well

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 29/10/13, 17:19 »
    Dear Diary,

When I was very young I had bow legs so my parents decided to make me wear corrective shoes until this was sorted. At that time the only thing I could see was the sadness on my face when I was going around shops with mum as I could see the most beautiful shoes and I could not buy them as I had to wear my horrible boots for few years. It made me feel so upset and sad and I could not think that one day I could have ever been able to choose whatever shoes I wanted to wear. But that day came, and funny enough I don't even remember when I've finally managed to get rid of the boots and buy my first proper pair of shoes.

Well, today I feel the same - maybe one day, while looking my angel in his/her eyes, I will not even remember the pain I've been through with this IVF thing...but right now it feels so surreal...every step we move forward, there is a little step backward, just to remind us that having a baby is never going to be an easy thing for us...and this makes me die inside...at least for the shoes I knew at some point in life things would have changed but here, god only knows what is written for us....

Xxx

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 31/10/13, 16:03 »
    Dear Diary,

Such an intense week!!!

Day 4 after EC
    I finally woke up feeling better! Even my weight has dropped and I am back to my normal weight - the pain in my belly is not constantly bothering me but I just feel it when I go to the toilet. I take this as a very good sign.
    Tried to call ARGC to give them the update but struggled as usual to get through so gave up as anyway I feel like things are getting better and if they are not worried, then I'm not either 😉

Went to see my lovely acupuncturist who noticed that I look better and my belly size has gone down.

Super ready for the morning call...at this stage, I cannot wait 😁😁😁

0DP 5DT - 10d to OTD
    Woke up at 6 without alarm..so excited, I could not wait any longer in bed.
    At quarter past 7 I get a very early call from the embryologist : ET will be between 930-10
    OMG - I'm so stressed and excited!! By 830 we arrive at Harley street, blood test first and then Acupuncture at n. 126 - never been here before but recommended by my acupuncturist as very close to clinic and very good. Afterwards we head to the location of ET, which is not the usual blue door but in Weymouth street. It's such a quieter place - we change and then we get in a very small room where there is only a bed, two chairs and a scan. In few minutes Dr Ranieri is with us - he's just amazing! In my previous IVF we used to have so many doctors and nurses around and ended up having horrible experiences. This time, he's just so good - he talks to us (in Italian, so much easier and comfortable) telling us what he's doing, he scans me first but then transfer the embryos without scan - you can feel his total confidence in what he's doing. Then he shows us where he has put them in, two little bubble of air where our Tom & Gerry (we've named them like this even though I still think of them as they were 🐣🐣) are now safely at ease until they decide to implant. My lining this morning is a wonderful 11mm. Dr is pleased and we are too!!
    He says hopefully my OHSS will not come back so I really hope he's right.
    So, Tom& Gerry are two wonderful 5AB(AB) and 5BB - no idea what the second AB means but embryologist was pleased with quality and so are we 👍
    I then lied 15m more and then we changed back again. Got the prescription. Sent DH to collect medications and went straight back to acupuncturist for post ET session.

By 12 we were back home and after a light protein lunch, I'm back in bed. I feel like an old duck who needs to hatch her eggs 🐔. My plan for the next 4/5 days is bed rest and walk around the house, I still need to fully recover from my OHSS so the quieter I stay the better it is.

OTD will be sunday 10th November..and now the countdown can officially start!!

Medications have all changed and I will need to start on Gestone, either tonight or tomorrow morning. I had it before and as long as DH keeps performing his nurse skill on my bum, I'm not that stressed about that 😁

I feel happy today, we got to a huge milestone considering how I was feeling few days ago 🙏

Xxx

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 2/11/13, 10:56 »
    Happy Saturday dear Diary!

1DP 5DT - 9d to OTD
    I spent the day on the couch, knitting and watching tv - very relaxing, a bit boring but I felt this was the right thing to do with my little 🐣
    A thing I forgot to mention from Thursday is the "saga of the Ritrodine". So in the long list of medications that I was given by the clinic post my ET I had these pills to be taken every 6h. While I was doing my last acupuncture session, my DH went to the pharmacy. They gave him all medications except for the R so he had to go back to ARGC to take extra prescription (as pharmacy kept the original one). Suddenly in ARGC, just 20 m after the first prescription, they decided that R was now discontinued and not needed anymore...what kind of professional behaviour is this???? So, as I don't trust receptionists that much, after talking to DH, I went back on my own asking for the R prescription and again, I was told the same.. However the thing that drives me nuts is that my buddy who did ET one day before me, got the R and was told to keep using until OTD. This is just totally unprofessional and insane! Makes me so upset!!! Anyway, to cut the long story short I've decided I'll pop in on Saturday to speak to a Dr...https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=314331.0

Apart for this horrible hamlet doubt, the rest of the day went smoothly..  My poor bum is already soared after just 2 injections - I don't remember this happening during my last FET...might be that my poor bum is still traumatised by March injections ?? 😜

2DP 5DT - 8d to OTD
    Something very odd happened this morning - at 5am I was woken up by a very strong cramp in my belly, below umbilicus; it was similar to pre AF pain, but stronger and one shot. As it came then it went away, but it scared me a bit. So at 5am I was browsing the web to see if this could be a sign of implantation and starting to think that maybe, having 2 little  🐣🐣 on board, when they implant it might be even more painful...I don't want to deceive my self or in the other side to get stressed thinking that AF is coming...need to keep calm as much as possible 🙏

To finish the "Ritrodine saga", we decided with DH to pop down at the clinic and again, we were told the same story. So now hopefully I should receive a call from one of the Dr, probably on Monday, just to reassure me that it's all right not to take the R...still, this thing drives me mad but what can I do??? 😡

Finally, just a bit of gossiping - while I was in the reception of the clinic, I've bumped into one of the consultant that I had with NHS - apparently he was there with the wife to go through private IVF..well, feeling definitely reassured that I'm in the best place possible!!

Today it will be again total rest, knitting and movies...and maybe a bit of 😴😴

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 4/11/13, 09:27 »
    Dear Diary,

It's Monday again!! It seems like yesterday when the whole thing started 3 weeks ago and now we are almost there !

3DP 5DT - 7d to OTD

Sunday has been very quiet - me and DH decided to go out for a Sunday roast (well done for me 😁) and for a very very short walk. I feel absolutely fine now. Still drinking my 3L of water and 1L of milk, to avoid OHSS to come back, but so far so good - which I don't even know how to read as I guess my OHSS should come back if BFP..I don't know. It's hard - in some way less than before as fortunately here I will be testing 10DP 5DT (previously 16DP) but still my head is making games and drives me nuts with horrible thoughts if I don't keep closing the door of negativeness - and I find myself so many times doing that, in these days..

After the huge cramp on Sat, I did not have any more strange symptom, no metallic taste, no smelling pee, no nothing..despite me trying to find small signs in anything 😳

I got even used to the Gestone, not even feeling the pain anymore.

Yesterday I've seen the picture of the daughter of a friend (first IVF tentative) and I've realised that in some way I cannot even picture in my head the face of our child/s as this thing is so surreal still, that I've forced my self to stop dreaming that far, a long time ago.

I really hope this is our time, god knows how much we 🙏 for that...

4DP 5DT - 6d to OTD
    As I said, it's Monday - sun is shining, it's a wonderful day outside but I don't feel like going out today. Doing stuff to keep my mind busy. Again, no symptoms at all. Trying my best not to think but getting harder. DH not WFH this week so feeling very lonely and just waiting for him to come back - in some way cannot wait for Thursday, to come back to work!

Xxx

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 6/11/13, 11:37 »
    Dear Diary,
    Latest update:

5DP 5DT - 5d to OTD
    My weight is now definitely back to normal. I'm still drinking my litres of water and milk and waking up a thousand times every night. I'm struggling to find relevant symptoms or probably I'm just deluding myself but this is what I have been noticing in the last day or so:
    - sporadic small needle feeling around umbilicus (maybe the side effect of injections which have made my belly becoming yellow blue?)
    - enlarged montgomery tuberculous on my breast (or maybe I'm just noticing these now??!! )
    - very stinky gas (might be the side effect of the yummy lunch I've been having in the last 2 days??)
    - back pain (right side) and legs heaviness (just in the evening - at the stage I thought my AF was coming )
    I'm brave or crazy enough not to test yet - want to wait OTD! But I'm getting very nervous... So today I've spent 2h with my Zita West cd to relax and ended up sleeping for other 2 😁 such a wonderful resting afternoon!

6DP 5DT - 4d to OTD
    Today's is my last day at home and now, of course, I feel depressed to come back to work - sometimes I think I'm totally insane!!😜 I would just love to go to sleep and wake up on Sunday night straight away. I'm so terrified about Sunday - it's a feeling in my throat, in my heart, in my breath...I think I'll risk a panic attack, just for the waiting 😳
    And in some way, coming back to work, to the normal life...makes me feel like I really miss the hectic time at ARGC where I really felt any action I was taking could make the difference..right now I feel just totally powerless. Also talking to buddies who are having all possible symptoms and feeling sad as I'm not having any relevant one 😪

Keep thinking what I am gonna do if BFN but I immediately shut the door as I don't want to end up in the negative loop - God knows how hard is to keep sane and positive in the 2WW

xxx

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 10/11/13, 15:00 »
    Dear Diary,
    Here we are!!!

7DP 5DT - 3d to OTD
    Today I've decided to come back to the office which has been a very good move as the day has gone through more quickly. Still feeling strange symptoms:
    - needle feeling lower belly all day
    - headache when I woke up (did not managed to sleep that well as still waking up 4/5 times per night to pee)
    - constipation (maybe because I changed routine as went back to the office?)

8DP 5DT - 2d to OTD
    Friday - time is flying!! Symptoms:
    - headache again when I woke up
    - slept really badly (woke up all the time to pee)
    - constipation (still really bad so had to use suppository but did not work at all)
    - stretching feeling lower belly (left especially)
    - very bloated (I look like a 3 months pregnant)

9DP 5DT - 1d to OTD
    Saturday - just one day left!
    Symptoms:
    - poop very weird/bad smelling (last few days)
    - dizziness (a bit late morning)
    - cramps all day lower abdomen (below belly bottom)
    Spent the day shopping with friends in the chaotic central London - was really good 👍

10DP 5DT - OTD
    Woke up 645, time of Clexane injection. Longly hugged DH then collected urine sample and started with first response test. Went back to bed and put the stick away from our sight. Spent the 3m hugging and 🙏 with husband, then checked the stick. Thank goodness we put it upside down, so when we checked later turning it around and saw the 2 clear red lines it was such unexpected!!! We started laughing and hugging and kissing. We could not believe!! Were already over the moon!!! Then decided to take clear blue digital and came back "pregnant 2-3 weeks", then (we were really enjoying doing a positive test) the clear blue plus and of course, it was a plus!!! OMG, we were so overwhelmed!!! So sent the news to buddies and closer friends, went for blood at 9. It did not take long and by 12 we knew HCG was at 378 and progesterone at 330!!!

Today it's a dream, we know it's just the starting and there are so many difficult next steps we could still face, but after 4 years, having finally a BFP seems so surreal!! And amazing!!!

Tomorrow I will go back for bloods as Dr T wants to keep closed eye on me and check my NK. So I guess another flexible time will start, but as long as my little 🐣🐣 or my only 🐣 is still there, growing properly, than nothing else is important. Me and DH are so pleased and again, over the moon...we cannot walk today, just flying high ❤❤❤

Offline SIBI

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 12/11/13, 22:27 »
    Dear Diary,

16 DPO
    Still cannot believe what's going on, I mean that I am BFP  ;D ;D ;D  Still having lots of AF symptoms (heavy legs, low abdominal cramps, a little bit of insomnia. Today went for blood and HCG went to 607 (+61% in a day) which is very good. So no intralipids for now and a nice day off bloods tomorrow.
    Got very stressed as the queue at the clinic and laboratory was massive and ended up arriving late at work - but boss is quite cool and understandable so I hope I won't stress out again as not healthy for the beans  ^idiot^

17 DPO
    Back again on headache and constipation, therefore on prunes. Feeling bloated like a balloon.  ^pray^ that tomorrow results are good and I won't need intralipids yet...
    Feel like I need an holiday...I'm exhausted! ..and I'm just few days through the pregnancy  ::)

Xxx