* Author Topic: Advice needed please..low amh..been told donor eggs only option...  (Read 8457 times)

0 Members

Offline Sweetpea123

• Gold Member
Hiya,

Yes am happy, even more so as they didn't at all want me to consider de yet, not one of the clinics did! so we have shopped about done our research etc. blood tests  are fsh for me and one my hubby has to do with a problem he has, so I've got everything crossed it works out for us! I'm so glad that I didn't just listen to the clinic in the midlands and I had u guys on ff to guide me!! They have quoted a bit in price but with my history I think we have to do all diagnostic tests first etc!  12-14k if need full on immunes etc, but I'm also sold on the daily monitoring etc! I just feel a little more positive than I did a couple
Of months ago! Xx

Forward planning is good so download the form!! Must say have really enjoyed staying in London too!! Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline CGSM74

• Christina
    Wow ! That is a lot of money !!! Crickey !! But good to know they are positive.

My clinic was talking to me about DE after our first cancelled cycle .... Which was frankly ridiculous ! So good to know that we still have other options before we get to that stage !

Will you just stay down in London when you are going though treatment ? That is something I think we may need to do as too much to commute everyday ( we live in Basingstoke )

Xxxx

Offline Sweetpea123

• Gold Member
    Yes we will base in London for duration, lucky for us dp uncle has flat we can use in sw postcode which is handy for us!!
    Price for normal ivf they did quote 6-8 but I think with all immune testing etc it makes the price soar with treatment. I want to go all guns blazing this time, so can say we tried our best! Hopefully we won't need another round after this otherwise it's time to remortgage!!!

I think that is the best thing to come out of the last 3 days is that there is other options!! Xx

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
    Without trying to confuse you further, have you considered Serum in Athens? Might be worth e-mailing them as they do a free telephone consult, do all the things you want and will give you much better care than ARGC (I've been to both clinics)... not to mention the fact that they are cheaper, even with flights and accommodation. I would strongly suggest even just speaking to them before you make a decision.  Good luck with whatever you decide though. :) ^hugme^

Offline CGSM74

• Christina
    Thanks Mandy ! I will def look into them as well. Worth considering and thanks for the info !

Xxxx

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
    Thanks Mandy ! I will def look into them as well. Worth considering and thanks for the info !

Xxxx

I hope I'm not confusing anyone, it's just that personally, I hold a very dim view of ARGC as it was the worst cycle I had and also the worst treatment I've received (which is saying something!) - but I appreciate that everyone has different experiences and many ladies love it.

I would definitely recommend Serum over ARGC any day.  Also, although it sounds a bit daunting going abroad for tx, it's not at all.  It's easy to get (cheap) hotels near the clinic - Penny even has an apartment you can rent.  Agate has an information sheet on Serum that it might be worth quickly glancing over: https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=274114.msg4718057

It's just a thought before making the commitment to another clinic.

I also highly recommend my clinic (I've been to 5 in total before ending with this one :) - Fertility and Gynaecology Academy - Dr Gorgy) but the prices there are about the same as ARGC.

xxx

Offline Hevlaw

• Un-Ranked
    My AMH is (was) 0.7 in Nov last year.  It's possible it's dropped more since then, but my clinic have always been positive.  They said that they have had women with lower results than mine and they have gotten pregnant.  I was really shocked and upset by it, but they said that we don't know what it was when I had my first IVF with my son as only my FSH was done then.  Although I have had two BFN's this year, my eggs and embryos have always been good.  In my second cycle this year, they weren't as good, but it still wasn't disasterous.
    Don't give up hope, these are only numbers, which we understandably get obsessed by.  I agree with everyone else, get a second opinion.
    Good luck xx