* Author Topic: Iakentro Clinic Greece - General Support Thread  (Read 180612 times)

0 Members

Offline tracyl247

• It all happens for a reason...apparently!
  • VIP Member Sponsor
Welcome Everyone  :)

This thread is your first port of call for all things Iakentro, here you can ask questions about the clinic, treatment/tests etc

Useful Links

*Site Guidelines https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=529.0

* Hotels/Accommodation in Athens https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=153595.0

**In the UK it is illegal to sell, exchange or trade medications, drugs and some supplements unless you are licensed to do so. *This includes offering to collect and courier precription medication obtained (i.e.) abroad for another member even if it is legitimately prescribed and packaged for them.

For your own legal protection, you must not offer to sell, buy, collect, deliver or exchange drugs, medications or supplements from/to/for other members. Members doing so will be banned from this site.

There is an extensive thread detailing places where drugs can be purchased legally at competitive prices. https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9821.0 (start at the last page for the most recent information).

Left over drugs should be returned either to your administering clinic, or to a pharmacy for correct disposal. **

Fertility Friends always recommends that you seek advice on all treatment related query's with your clinic/treatment provider.

*As ever, FF advises its members to verify any information relating to their clinic direct with their clinic*

take care all

Tracy

^fairydust^ Keeping Track  ^fairydust^

Name                       When at clinic                                       Treatment

MistyB                      25th October 2013                                FET

DorothyGale             13th December 2013                             

mierran                    December 2013 then Feb 2014               visit to clinic (Dec( then FET (Feb)

kimmy99                  January 2014                                        FET

Feildofdreams           January 2014                                        FET

ociwomen                January 2014                                        FET

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    modify
    Iakentro Clinic Greece - General Support Thread
    « Reply #1 on: 19/09/13, 11:15 »
    Thanks Tracey,

I'm excited about being first post here:-)

I hope others will join in.

We're going to athens at the start of dec for dp to do his bit and meet everyone. I can't take any of the drugs to sync you with a donor so doing a freeze all cycle - part of the reason i've chosen iakentro. I'll go back jan/feb time for a fet.

What's everyone elses plans?

Ociwoman - sorry your fresh cycle wasn't to be but i hope your frosties come up trumps.  Big hugs.

X x

Offline ociwoman

• Trying one last time
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 19/09/13, 16:08 »
    Hi Mierran,

You are in good hands. Iakentro is known for having a high success rate (70%+) with their FETs. And that's not a cumulative success rate, but their rate of clinical pregnancy PER FET.

I have found that they are very good at stimulating donors safely and gently, while still getting a good number of mature eggs. We had 16 eggs, 14 were mature and 8 of those made it to good quality 5-day blastocysts. To me, those are really fantastic numbers as it gives you at least 2-3 attempts from one donor cycle. Since it will take most of us a few tries to get pregnant, this increases our chances while keeping the costs down. A win-win!

I also really appreciate the fact that they do ICSI for free if needed.

We are probably going to be in Athens in late October/early November. Since I have a lengthy distance to fly, and the jet lag gets the better of me sometimes, I will likely be in Athens for about 7 days. Anybody have suggestions for an apartment I can rent near the clinic (Marousi area of Athens)?

Looking forward to supporting others with any information I can share. Keep us in the loop on your progress Mierran.

Misty-B and Fieldofdreams, come join us!   ^afro^

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 19/09/13, 22:42 »
    Hi ,

Yes it looks great for fets - and the fact they freeze as part of the cost of the cycle means they'll do it all the time. It's even over 50% for an eset, and their fet rates are better than their fresh ( aparently fresh include some day3 transfers whereas fets all blasts)

That's a great no of blasts you got. I just hope we get a couple of good 'uns. Feeding dp wellman conception multivits, fish oil , vit e ,  vit b comple and selenium. He's taking tho not happy about it ( though even less happy about the beer restrictions and nagging about him smoking :-)). So i just hope his boys are up to the job esp as will be a frozen sample.
    I keep telling myself not to worry as dd and ds were also from a frozen sample , but then you read fresh is best....

I'm staying more centrally in athens as going for a week and will prob only be in clinic for one day and aparently lots of cabs. But would be interrested to hear if you find somewhere as will want to closer for transfer tho i.am also considering staying at ruth's but depends on what worked out re transfers too.

Hi to anyone else who is going to iakentro.

X x

Offline MistyB

• Gold Member
    • Miracles can happen
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 21/09/13, 01:01 »
    Hello ladies

I know you both read the other boards, but I thought I'd post here too, since it's a special thread for Iakentro ladies!!

So, lining scan was today, lovely triple layer, but only 6mm after 10 days  :-\ so Mierran has suggested some extra things I can do on top of the Brazil nuts, Selenium, and acupuncture.   

We were originally expecting EC to be on Thursday (27) but heard that our lovely donor responded quickly the last time she donated and still managed to produce a good number of mature eggs. We thought EC would be bought forward to Tuesday but heard today it's looking like Monday!! So it's suddenly all systems go and I'm rearranging everything for Sunday.

I'll just be relieved when we get out there, work has been so busy that I haven't had time to think about it this time around. Maybe that's a good thing though.

So anyway, I'm off to bed now and going to listen to Helen McPherson. I must remember to pack her and my fertility yoga DVD!!

Ociwoman, when are you heading back to Athens? Such a shame you can't now get them shipped to Canada.

Mierran, my DH sound the same as your, but after three months he's now used to all the supplements. I do still have to 'remind' him to take them!

Kim, what's going on with you?

Hope you are all doing ok,

X

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 21/09/13, 09:31 »
    Misty b - i hope your dh's gets his a*se into gear. And no they dont ever gow up. Mine still tells me he is only 12 and unfortunately i often think he's not joking - tho maybe 14 and moody teenager more accurate :-)
    I remember reading something that lining thickness not such a vital indicator of success in de cycles as oe cycles. I think maybe to do with the oestrogen being better for lining than stims. But you'll still have anotherweek to thicken up further, and you do have that tripple layer. Big hugs.

Does anyone know if iakentro can organise accupuncture pre and post transfer? I have points from my accupuncturist to burn moxa over so may stick to that but just curious.

Hi to everyone else, and babydust to all.

X x

Offline ociwoman

• Trying one last time
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 21/09/13, 15:44 »
    Hey there Misty-B and Mierran!

Wow, Misty-B, what a scramble - go, go, go! Did you find your flights?

For this cycle, I am heading to Athens alone. Flights are much cheaper and more available (although not direct!!) this time of year, than when we flew out in the summer.

Since we are doing a frozen cycle and are not dependent on fresh donor eggs, I am not going to book my flight until I do my last scan (after 10 days of estrogen) and I can see that my lining is perfect. That way if I have to delay departure a few days, I can, or if I have to cancel the cycle, there is no financial loss.

My protocol with Ruth seems to be Day 2 Lupron injection, and then 2 weeks later start estrogen, and check for optimal thickness 10 days after that, with transfer about 8-12 days after that, so in Athens around 31 to 35 days after AF arrives. So end of October early November probably....

I hope all goes well with your fresh cycle Misty-B, and that you get lots of embies!!! Will you be able to keep us in the loop while in Athens? (that can be challenging some times!).

Mierran, I don't know if Iakentro has an accupunturist they can refer you to, but if you find out, please let me know. Also, I have decided to stay closer to the city centre of Athens (since I am alone, I want to be closer to some action and sightseeing or I will be bored out of my mind!), so have you found any places in Athens Mierran? I am looking a few apartments I found on trip advisor. I could share those with you if you like...

Best wishes all!

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 21/09/13, 19:21 »
    Hi,
    Misty b - you all sorted i hope. X x

ociwoman - i booked through only-apartments.com , i think..As we're all going in dec got a central.2 bedroom place - with wifi. ;-)  as we tend not to eat out so much and it''s our 1st proper family holiday we decided to push out the boat and get somewhere nice. Will prob get something closer to clinic for et if only out for a  couple of days but will see once i get the lay of the land. Let me know if you find something nice one bed near clinic. May end up.sticking to what i know if either dp or mum comes out with me rather than it being just me and kids (
    I just hope ruth or someone can entertain them for half an hour for et if i am on my own )

/links

Offline ociwoman

• Trying one last time
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 22/09/13, 18:54 »
    Hi KimT,

That's great that you found the clinic! It is quite tranquil and the people so nice!

Where are your frozen embies right now? Would you mind sharing your exact medication protocol for your FET? I am looking at all the different ones out there to see what might best suit me if this FET does not work out. I may ask to have the endoscratch done next FET as well... What form/dose of estrogen are you going to be taking? Patches, pills, gel? You can PM if you like.

Mierran, thanks for the link for the apartments! Found a couple great central places that I could stay at for this cycle. Super!!!

MistyB, if you see this, we are thinking of you! Hope EC goes fab on Monday. So exciting and nerve-racking at same time, isn't it???

PS

Can you guys please send a note to my AF and tell her I am impatiently wating for her to arrive? She's just ignoring me!

^confused^

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 22/09/13, 19:20 »
    Kim - i hope your icebabies give you a sticky bfp. But i find i need a backup plan

ociwoman - for my fet i was on oestrogen ( prognova ).2mg three times a day. I  started day 2 and got a scan day 9. I cant take the down regulation drug, but the oestrogen alone was enough to stop my ovaries doing anything ( it is in about 90% of cases )
    I'll get the kids doing an af dance for you. It's s*ds law, isn't it. After years of not wanting her to turn up, when you do the b*tch is always late. Grrr
    Glad you found some places to chose from. It was tge best site i found for apartments rather than hotel rooms  with a kitchen iykwim. I'm sorry but i want an actual flat - not a sink and a microwave in the corner of a room with 3 beds in it. I'd be having a longer stay in greece than i intended in that case as i'd end up throttling SOMEONE ( almost certainly dp :-) )

misty - hopefully you've arrived in greece and are getting settled in ok. Hope you get a good no of eggs from your lovely donor tomorrow. Will it be ivf or icsi? Either way i hope you get some love action in the lab tomorrow night :-)

Am i right in thinking iakentro do ivf or icsi as best based on sample? Or is it always icsi! Dd and ds were icsi as that was what my last clinic did as standard ( and i have a feeling that dp's swimmers may need a bit of help these days so it'll prob be icsi again )