* Author Topic: Stockport Ladies!  (Read 802 times)

0 Members

Offline MrsPG

• Sr. Member-10017
modify
Stockport Ladies!
« on: 29/10/13, 16:15 »
Hi ladies. I just wanted to share something I learned today because I think it might be of some help to some of you stockport ladies out.

Under Stockport PCT we were only given one funded round of IVF. However the PCT no longer exists and it has been replaced by a governing body.

This governing body issued guidelines on 4th Sept that allow TWO funded cycles!!  This is obviously subject to the usual criteria but I think it is excellent news! Not to mention brings us on to a more even footing with most of the rest of Manchester!

I hope this helps some of you. X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline East25

• Jr. Member-10015
    modify
    Stockport Ladies!
    « Reply #1 on: 29/10/13, 19:56 »
    Mrs PG that is excellent news!! Where did you find out? We are stockport and just about to start our first cycle next week.

I'm so pleased! Hope you are doing ok? Xx

Offline MrsPG

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Stockport Ladies!
    « Reply #2 on: 29/10/13, 20:11 »
    Hi East, I went to the pct website but it was replaced with a link to the governing body website and this link is on there; http://stockportccg.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/IVF-eligibility-criteria-agreed-at-Governing-Body-May-2013.doc

I've just finished our first round which has been unsuccessful. I started bleeding yesterday at 10dp3dt. We have three frozen but I'm still obviously dissapointed. This news certainly helps take the pressure off though.

Good luck with your treatment. X

Offline East25

• Jr. Member-10015
    modify
    Stockport Ladies!
    « Reply #3 on: 29/10/13, 20:29 »
    I'm so sorry to hear that hope your ok.

It's great that you have three frozen and this good news also like you say but I'm sure it's difficult now.

Thank you for posting this I wouldn't have realised! Going to the info evening on thurs so will ask about it there. It gives me some more hope!

Take care x