* Author Topic: DIUI long road 3rd time lucky ?  (Read 8797 times)

0 Members

Offline Rach9520

modify
DIUI long road 3rd time lucky ?
« on: 30/10/13, 22:22 »
Dear diary,

Ok so not long now until our first appointment with the counsellor and then a few days after we will see the nurse to find out what medication I will be put on and then hopefully our first ever treatment will begin.

Now before that all happens I need to stop letting things get to me.

On Sunday I hosted my friends baby shower and on the same day my younger brothe and his gf had a little girl, the day after my cousin had a baby boy and now I've just found out that my very little sister is also pregnant !

Now my brother I'm rally happy for but not so much for my sister.... Why do you ask we'll let me tell you....

My sister is 8 years younger than me. When she was 14 she got pregnant and was made to have an abortion by my mum, at 18 she fell pregnant again but this time with twins and she the again had an abortion, at 19 she then fell pregnant again but this time had my niece who is now 22 months old, but in April this year my sister had an eptopic pregnancy and lost one of her tubes, she's only 21!!

And now she's pregnant again! Grrr this makes me so angry here I am struggling to conceive and she seems to just do it without a care in the world.

I'm the one who did everything right, got an education, good job, house and got married and yet I'm the one who has to suffer!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Rach9520

modify
    Iui to start in November
    « Reply #1 on: 10/11/13, 19:38 »
    Hi everyone,

So we meet the councillor on Thursday and she was really nice, my DH did most of the talking and asking lots of questions.

Me and my DH are having donor sperm as my DH has a genetic condition Klinefelter syndrome.

So the councillor told us all about how they chose donors and what the best practice is when telling others and the child when they get older.

It was all really informative and gave us a lot to think about, but we are now more convinced we have chosen the right path to have our family.

Tomorrow I will have my appointment with the nurse to find out what medication I will be put on and when the meds will start.

I'm kinda hoping that they will start my meds on my next cycle which is 25th November .........

Offline Rach9520

modify
    Iui to start in November
    « Reply #2 on: 12/11/13, 20:03 »
    Hi everyone,

Well our appointment to see the nurse about our medication went wrong yesterday ! Got to the clinic and our consultant called  us in and then started to go over everything we went through a few weeks ago!

The dr started to say that treatment could start in January ........ And have we thought about donors etc etc and how did I feel the hycosy........
    I had to interrupt him and said " uh I don't mean to be rude but today we are meant to be seeing the nurse about our medication "

The doctor then got all flustered and went bright red and dashed off to check this!

And yes the admin team had re booked an appointment we didn't need so I will have to go back this Friday to have the correct appointment otherwise I would have to wait until the new year!

Just hope this is the only problem we have ........

Offline Rach9520

modify
    Iui to start in November
    « Reply #3 on: 18/11/13, 20:23 »
    Hi everyone,

Met the nurse on friDay she was lovely and really put me at ease.

So I'm going to have one injection every day to stop me from ovulating which is one where I have to measure it our, the second is every other day via a pen.

Been told though my period must come before the 27th as the clinic are preparing to clean down for christmas. So fingers crossed that AF comes on time. (Prop the only month I want it to come on time lol)

Once AF does come proving its before the 27th I have today call the clinic so they a n organise a scan!
     Now I found this very ......odd because they scan you  when AF is doing her thing! Now this made me feel a little worried as I don't even let my DH near me when that happens and really don't want anyone else down there then either! But I guess it has to be done.

Now I've been told that once this gets going I will end a scan every few days to check the follicles and the lining.......

Fingers crossed that AF comes on the 25th ...... And not any later

Baby dust to everyone x x x

Offline Rach9520

modify
    Iui to start in November
    « Reply #4 on: 25/11/13, 20:41 »
    Hi everyone,

We'll no AF now getting very worried that it will come too late and that I won't be able to start my medication :-(  :(

Offline Rach9520

modify
    Iui to start in November
    « Reply #5 on: 26/11/13, 19:44 »
    Hi everyone,

We'll looks like I won't be able to start my meds as AF hasn't come !! :-( and it's too late for the clinic...... So so gutted was looking forward to trying but guess it wasn't meant to be..... Roll on 2014 !,

Offline Rach9520

modify
    Iui to start in November
    « Reply #6 on: 28/11/13, 21:10 »
    Dear diary,

Well it's all been a little gettin over the last few days. AF finally arrived early in the morning 27th! So had my scan today all looks good so had my first lot of injections today !

I was a little worried about the internal scan with AF being here but it was fine :-)

Got another scan Monday ..... Hope this all goes well x x 

Offline Rach9520

modify
    Iui to start in November
    « Reply #7 on: 29/11/13, 19:24 »
    Day 2 of injections..... All going ok
    No side affects which is good, been really busy at work today been relocating the branch I work in

Have a great evening everyone x. X

Offline Rach9520

modify
    Iui to start in November
    « Reply #8 on: 4/12/13, 20:17 »
    Hi everyone,

Well what a week !! Ok so been talking my injections daily in the morning...... Now the pen I've found really easy short needle and easy to do... The other one .... Not so easy with the seringdge ..... Quite difficult and stings a lot.

The Gonal f pen leave bruises but I've been told this is normal as I might just be hitting blood vessels .

Had a scan this morning all going well and  no need for another scan Friday, so will be taking my trigger injection 9pm Saturday.... Then insemination 11am Monday !!!! Ekkkkkkk

Offline Rach9520

modify
    Iui to start in November
    « Reply #9 on: 9/12/13, 19:55 »
    We'll today was the day !! Now just got to wait 2 weeks......

This should hopefully go quickly as I've got lots planned to keep me calm and active :-)

Will be testing on the 23rd