* Author Topic: Fresh cycle number 6! I must be mad!  (Read 213049 times)

0 Members

Offline Michimoo

• Gold Member
modify
Fresh cycle number 6! I must be mad!
« Reply #40 on: 19/12/13, 11:37 »
Hmmmmmm just found out that Penny has had a sore throat for a week now. I'm thinking that's where I have got it from as I haven't been around anyone else.
I'm so conscious of sanitising my hands when I fly & inject so I know I was really careful on the way out.
Oh we'll at least it's not an immune thingy then. ;)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Michimoo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #41 on: 19/12/13, 19:38 »
    Waiting for more of an update on my embies tomorrow. I hate this waiting game. Penny said she's pleased but we need to wait until tomorrow.
    She is hoping for day 5 transfer & we do have 2 frozen if needs be.

I'm now pooping myself that we are flying the same day as ET. I've written in 2 threads & have no responses about success stories.
    I've spent about an hour googling to find "don't travel" or "not recommended"! But we can't stay longer due to Xmas & there are no flights. Also finances are difficult too.

I'm sure there are many women who travel on ET day & get pg but I just need to hear it's ok from a few of them to stop me going  ^idiot^

Offline Michimoo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 20/12/13, 02:21 »
    OMG! This mattress is terrible! If DH wasn't snoring his head off on the other side of the bed I would flip this baby over!!  ;D

My brain is whirring with possible outcomes of today. I am uncomfortable with my ovaries. The tops of my arms hurt from the LIT & I've told DH that's because he's an Alien & my body is trying to fight him off!

Even though I'm very tender I am determined to get DH to take me to the church on the top of the hill to light a candle. I know it'll be flipping freezing but we did it last time. DH said "well it didn't work last time so there's not much point". I however feel like every little can help & even though I'm not that religious I'm sure a little  ^pray^ & the lighting of a candle in one of he oldest Church's in Athens can't hurt eh?

Just hope I can walk up all of those steps!   :o

I've been reassured by a few replys to my post about flying after ET. I guess if they are meant to snuggle in then they will right?

Oh Jeez! Worry, worry, worry.

Hmmmm now shall I just flip this mattresses anyway? It'll be funny.  And I'm bored! ;D

Offline Michimoo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #43 on: 20/12/13, 14:15 »
    Weird day so far today.

Went to the clinic & no one was in there. Ghost town.

Had my blood taken & told they would call me to advise if I needed to take any progesterone support.

I find this a little unusual as with all the other clinics I was taking progesterone support immediately after EC. Especially at ARGC with the bum injections.
    No word of embryos just told we will call you. So off we went.

Got in a cab to go to lycabettus hill & he didn't have a clue where we wanted to go! He was driving around stopping other taxis & asking them. We kept pointing at the flipping ginormous hill in the sky & he just kept shouting at us in Greek! What is it with these taxi drivers?
    Then he twigged where we wanted to go (after we'd been telling him for 10 mins in different ways)! He rolled his eyes, shouted at us, waving his arms around. Then persisted to drive up the hill mumbling in Greek, hooting his horn at anyone who got in his way! Hasten to say he didn't get a tip!  ^idiot^

Off to the Church we went. I actually forgot how steep the climb is up there. I felt like i needed my inhaler most of the way. It was very quiet & peaceful when we reached St George's Chapel & I went in lit a candle & said a little  ^pray^

We took the fenicular railway back down & walked to Plaka where I had my nails done in the Fish spa. Then of course my phone rang with my instructions & DH took the call. He got off the phone & said my Levels were fine & I'm not to take progesterone for the next 2 days! Eh?  ^idiot^  :o

That's really odd! So I questioned him & he got stroppy & we had an argument whilst I was having my nails done! We've come back to the hotel & it's still awkward.

I've had a snooze, DH doesn't think he's done anything wrong. I'm still stewing & wish I'd spoken to Serum.

There was no mention of when we are next due in, blood tests, transfer day etc.
    why do I have to do everything!?

Looks like I will have to call them or go in tomorrow to find out what the  ^tantrum^ ^tantrum^ is going on! *sigh*

Oh well at least my nails look nice!   ;D

Offline Michimoo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #44 on: 21/12/13, 15:46 »
    Totally gutted & defeated. Just want to go home now. Don't see the point in carrying on this journey.
    Feeling numb.

All gone to Sh*t.

Really wanting to buy a packet of ciggies & drink myself stupid!

All embies poor today but going for Day 5 to see of we have any left.
    Penny not hopeful.

Goodbye 2013! You can just do one!

Offline Michimoo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 22/12/13, 00:25 »
    Well I'm under the covers again with my iPhone!

My brain is whirring & I feel sick from the large glass of red wine.
    Didn't break my 2 year cigarette free ban but boy was it a struggle when every one smokes over here.

Why can a couple I know be 3 months pg drinking a bottle of champagne & she is pi$$ed & the designated driver. As her husband keeps filling her glass telling everyone they are expecting their first child at 40, after 1 round of ivf, be allowed to get pg & not me?

Feeling very hard done by.

What have I done to derserve this life?

All i've ever done is be there for other people.

I'm not a nasty person. I'm loyal to my friends till the end. I love my family, I love animals. Hey if I could take all these stray cats in, in Greece I would! I'm kind, I love children, I'm giving, I like to make others smile. I'd give you the shirt off my back. 

I went & worked in an old people's home last year in my spare time, just so I could sit & keep an elderly person company for a few hours a week.
    What am I meant to do!

Maybe I should just turn into some nasty woman? At least I could say, well ok it's karma!

After 52 eggs in 6 rounds of ivf, are you seriously saying that not ONE was decent & could make a baby?

The despair I felt 2 months ago with the Cancer scare has made me wonder what's the point in anything.
    Why have I been put on this planet? I can't procreate & I'm just taking up value breathing space. I've given up my corprate career & my acting career to try & have a baby. Hey I'm not even contributing to society anymore!
    I actually hate myself at the moment.

I'm silently typing this &  :'( under the covers.

I just want to go home & curl up in my bed & never come out.

Happy friggin Christmas to me!  :'(

Offline Michimoo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #46 on: 23/12/13, 07:09 »
    D-day today.

Just received an email from Penny advising she is not in today & she has no update if we have anything to transfer!

When we arrive we need to ask the clinic to call her on her mobile & she will speak to us.

I actually think I'm going to puke!

Offline Michimoo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 24/12/13, 07:35 »
    I am briefly posting to thank you all for your thoughts & pms yesterday. Arrived home at 2am this morning due to being delayed because of the high winds.

Penny called us before we left for the clinic with bad news.

Nothing was left.

I'm not writing the whole story just yet as I'm still in shock even as I type this.
    Only DH & I know & our parents will be expecting a smiley update today.

Not even sure we will tell them.

I am lost for words as having 10 embies was the best I've ever had.

I haven't had chance to  :'( I'm numb.

My dream is over.

When I feel stronger or just want to get the words out I will go into more detail about today.

Hey even our credit/debit cards wouldn't pay the hotel bill yesterday!

In hindsight I should've just gone with option number 1 which was to go to the Maldives for Xmas. But instead we chose to cycle again.

What I wouldn't give to be on a deserted beach right now.

I have one poor frostie on board & I cried as they put it back. Dr Meridis did my transfer & was lovely.

I will pm you all back individually when I am stronger.
    Congrats to those who have already tested & are pg.

Have a wonderful Christmas ladies.

Diary this is not goodbye, it's just catch you when I'm not so raw.

Offline Michimoo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #48 on: 28/12/13, 17:31 »
    Just to add to the drama I've been down A&E today & had stitches due to the progesterone vial shattering & embedding in my thumb.
    Being on high blood thinners & aspirin made the blood flow continuous!
    Lets just say my white kitchen ended up being a deep shade of red.

I now have a bandage the size of Athens on my thumb & have to keep it elevated for the next few hours.

It just keeps getting better & better!  :o

Offline Michimoo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #49 on: 30/12/13, 15:55 »
    It's 7dp5dt & I'm giving up!

After 6 attempts you know your body & you know the signs.

AF is only being kept away by these awful bum injections & as yesterday's injection has decided to swell up & look like an extra ^Booty^ cheek I'm not sure where I'd put it anyway today!

Normally DH is anti me testing early, anti me being or saying anything negative & anti me having doubts it hasn't worked.
    But this time he's happy for me to test, he doesn't believe it's worked & he said its the most negative he's felt about any of our cycles.

Well we all know why he feels that way don't we? It has been a disaster from the start!

I'm not planning on seeing the New Year in tomorrow night sober if I don't have to. With what has happened in the past few months beginning with the Cancer scare to today I really just need to get wasted!

So diary I am cutting my "fat face" steroids in half & stopping all other meds as from now!

All I've eaten in the past 48 hours is cake, mince pies, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate & more chocolate. Not really a healthy 2ww diet! Just devoured a whole box of after eights. Yummy but I do feel a little sick now!  :o

I will test tomorrow & have a definitive answer to see in the New Year & probably look forward to period from Hell on my birthday which is in a weeks time.

You just know, when you know right?

*sigh*