* Author Topic: Liverpool Women's Hospital: Part 60  (Read 53085 times)

0 Members

Offline shootingstar777

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Liverpool Women's Hospital: Part 60
« Reply #600 on: 6/07/17, 20:40 »
Hi disaster, I was told by the Hewitt Centre to stop BF completely for 2-3 clear cycles before having a FET, even for a natural FET.  I can't remember the exact reason now but the nurse did explain on the phone.  Good luck xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Fozzie16

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #601 on: 5/10/17, 18:19 »
    I'm feeling let down by the HC. I'm 5dp3dt and I've not seen a doctor at any point during the cycle (not counting the anaesthetist from the egg collection). I only had 2 eggs as it was and the 1 they let go to day 5 "wasn't suitable for freezing" according to their letter. Why write? Why not call? Why not give more information?

On day 3 transfer day (a 5 day transfer never got mentioned at any point up to this)  I was due to get there for 10.15 and I live an hour away. The embryologist called at 8.30am and said both embryos were strong, they couldn't choose between them so wanted them to go to day 5. No pros and cons were given and we were told we had to make the decision as to whether to proceed with a single transfer that day or wait until day 5 within 10 minutes! They ended up calling back 50 minutes later when we were already in the car leaving because what else were we supposed to do?

No-one wanted to discuss this when we got there, there was no-one to advise it was all get you in and get done and when I asked the embryologist about freezing suitability criteria all I got was that she had had three years of looking to know....

Don't get me wrong the nurses, nurse practitioners and the rest of the staff are lovely but I feel like we've been left out of the loop. What's worse this is our only NHS try because of where we live so may be the only chance I get to have a child. If it works brilliant but am feeling so rubbish at the moment it feels like AF is coming and there'll definitely be a complaint going in whatever happens.

Offline JaneVT

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #602 on: 1/06/18, 00:09 »
    Hi everyone I was wondering has anyone been told the grade of their embryos! I had 5 froze... when I asked they said good because they have to be to freeze them?!? Stupid me didn't question any further! X

Offline AuroraAngel

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #603 on: 1/06/18, 13:45 »
    Hi Jane,

we were told as we specifically asked, but I don't think they specify as a matter of course.  You can give them a call and ask though.  They may need to speak to the embryologist and get back to you.

Good luck with your treatment
    Aurora x

Offline JaneVT

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #604 on: 6/06/18, 18:13 »
    Hey guys, hope it is going well for you all! Has anyone been for acupuncture  anywhere local that is good? Thanks x

Offline REAHAN

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #605 on: 24/07/18, 18:12 »
    Hi ladies... new to this thread! I am lucky enough to already have a 4yr old boy through ivf icsi first go. I've had an un medicated FET bfn and then a medicated cycle with bfp but list at 6 weeks. I'm now on my last embryo. If anybody is trying again how have you coped with the change? I've just been In for a scan- lining good but folicle is too big had blood tests to find out if I can continue but I'm now scared. partner thinks I should just stop and try again next month. All anxious and upset which I haven't been on any of the others but it's just so important with it being the last one. sorry for the long post. Hope everyone else's journey is going well xx

Offline Bettyboop82

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #606 on: 30/11/18, 09:32 »
    Hi to anyone still reading this board! Iím contemplating a Fet sometime in the next year as I have 3 frozen embryos left over from my (4th!) successful ICSI which resulted in my 18 month old miracle twins. A few questions though if anyone would be kind enough to answer...
    Do I need to pay for FET or is this treatment classed as part of the same cycle?
    Can I have treatment whilst still breastfeeding?
    Am I mad to go back into the emotional tumble dryer? Maybe I should just be thankful for my darling babies??

Offline Bettyboop82

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #607 on: 6/12/18, 11:01 »
    Anyone?

Offline AuroraAngel

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #608 on: 6/12/18, 13:50 »
    Hi Betty,

I've private messaged you, however, from what I know here's my take on what you asked:

• Whether you have to pay for your FETs will depend on your funding CCG - some will include them in the original cycle and some won't.  Either check with your CCG or with the HC payment dept
    • HC always seem to ask you to stop BF when doing treatment, which most clinics do.  However there is limited evidence for the necessity of this.  There's a social media group called 'breastfeeding mum's undergoing fertility treatment/IVF' which gives good info and advice on this.
    [li]The last question, I think a lot of us wrangle with and maybe this thread isn't the best place to discuss this as the ladies on here often haven't had their first miracle yet.  There's threads on other parts of the board that might help (e.g. the 'hoping for another miracle' section) and if you look at my PM there's a group that I can add you too that might help too and several of the people on there have had additional FETS for siblings.
    [/li][/list]

Sorry, not been much help there, but there are some of us still out there, just don't use this thread so much.  Good luck whatever you decide x