* Author Topic: St.Marys. Manchester  (Read 2363 times)

0 Members

Offline CLARETTC

• Sr. Member-10017
  • my embies care manchester
modify
Re: St.Marys. Manchester
« Reply #10 on: 9/05/05, 11:52 »
Hi we are on the waiting list for st marys but it will be a 3yr wait so we are going private to care in mcr. Good luck xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline chazwarwick

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 13/05/05, 02:35 »
    Hi Julie,

I have just had my 1st attempt at IVF at St Mary's.  I got a BFP but unfortunately I miscarried @ 5 wks.  PLEASE do not let this put you off.  I found them really helpful.  and are always there, if you need any advice.  If you need any more information.  Please msn me.

Good luck with everything.

Sending babydust your way  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

LOL Charlene xx

Offline BH

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 13/05/05, 12:15 »
    Hi,

I'm hoping to start tonight on the short protocol with St Mary's - dependent on blood test results.  I feel fortunate to be accepted as this is the first time I have called and I had heard stories of others having to keep calling each month before being able to start.  I have just had one previous attempt (at MFS) but it was abandoned as I didn't respond.  So here's hoping I at least respond this time..  So far I've found the staff at St Mary's to be very helpful.

Charlene - so very sorry to hear about your m/c, my heart goes out to you.x

Best of luck everyone
    BH xx

Offline CTJ

• Full Member-10016
    • St Mary's Manchester
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 13/05/05, 14:33 »
    Hi BH

If you don't mind me asking how long have you been on the waiting list at St Mary's.  I am with MFS and just had a failed ICSI, I am in a fortunate position where I have 4 frosties waiting and I am going again in July with MFS for a natural FET, I have been really pleased with them there.  However I am also on the waiting list at St Mary's and have been for 18  months now.  I am just interested in case my treatment in July fails it makes sense for me to wait for my name to pop up on the list rather than fork out more money privatley

Offline BH

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 16/05/05, 10:40 »
    Hi Sacha,

We were told that we'd have to wait 12 months but it was actually quicker for us (10 months).  I think it depends on which PCT you come under.  If you haven't checked with St Mary's, give them a ring and they'll let you know when to expect to come to the top of the list.  If you are invited to a waiting list meeting, even if you have started another cycle with MFS, still go to the meeting - as you can't start tx until you've attended one and they are not too often I believe.

Unfortunately my bloods came back showing a high oestrogen level so I'm really disappointed that we can't go ahead this month.  Am desperately trying to find out now what I can do to help reduce it, for next month.

Best of luck
    BH

Offline Jules1

• Full Member-10016
    • My Girl!
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 17/05/05, 16:31 »
    Hi there,

I currently have DIUI at St Marys currently on my fifth and final naturla cycle, has anybody already been down that road and then had to have medicated IUI or then IVF and if so do I go back down to the bottom of the IVF list.

We've waited 3 years for the DIUI treatment?

Anyone on the next rung?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Jules.